Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

So is the orc casting Hold Mouse or does the spell summon an orc to gently hold a mouse for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Or you could play a diceless system and remove the random element altogether. There's a few out there that are pretty sweet!

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

The Darkest Dungeon stress rules are better than the vast majority of ttrpg equivalents on account of it having the bright idea of having a character's freakout only last a mission and not turn them into an unplayable sack of poo poo forever.
Also DD actually has effective therapy & related services (of a sort), which stands out a lot in comparison.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

ProfessorCirno posted:

As I understand it, Meikyuu Kingdom literally uses redshirt peons as a resource for you to spend in dungeons.

It's not like having multiple characters or teams though, Followers are more or less just a resource pool.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

They might be communicated in a way that's hard to understand but Jenna Moran is a genius at game mechanics.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 24, 2017

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

chaotic generally maps into being actively anti-authoritarian, which works great until you think about all the Chaotic Evil races that regularly practice inherently authoritarian acts like slavery

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

as far as I can tell, neutral evil and chaotic evil are more or less the same thing

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

watch Utena fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm sure God would, but God never could figure how those rules work.

Which rules, Nobilis or Fate/Stay Night?

• Locked thread