Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
Waiting for 'events' in Eve Online, so trawling the internuts for some excitement. Imagine my surprise:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a24544/hand-grenade-crack-nuts/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i didnt click your link but i like you

krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
Aww come on, just a little lower...

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Your topic went from bad, to encouraging sucking a dog's dick, in 3 posts.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ok i clicked the link

ima help your thread friend

krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
It's only a handheld vaccum, what harm could it do? Or was I referring to my first post? :)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
I wanna keep digging, really, I do. I need more to work with

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
Did you have a bad experience with explosives at some stage in your life? Talk about it, you're safe here

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

krustysean posted:

Did you have a bad experience with explosives at some stage in your life? Talk about it, you're safe here

an explosives expert banged my wife and my one-man show about it bombed

i HATE explosives :argh:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Hello friend and welcome to "Something Awful"!!

I too enjoy a rousing game of "EVE Online" and other spaceship affairs, you see. What is your favorite spaceship? Mine is the one Lowtax will never send me because I didn't donate to his next sportscar.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is the best .gif, which NATO country is this?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

Good doggie

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This is a good .gif thread

Bagsack
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a fucking lobster
I fundamentally don't understand the concept of a "defensive" grenade. Sounds like someone was having a laugh in the Chinese grenade naming brigade.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Grenades have always freaked me out since I watched Band of Brothers, I can see myself doing what Buck did and loving it up.

I asked my buddy who was in the military about them and he said they're harder than they seem because of the pin and that even when you're behind a wall little bits of rock and dirt still hit you

Scary!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bagsack posted:

I fundamentally don't understand the concept of a "defensive" grenade. Sounds like someone was having a laugh in the Chinese grenade naming brigade.

Defensive grenades typically have a larger blast area with more shrapnel, a good example of these are the pineapple grenades that SA uses as a logo. They're designed to maim and kill, and it's usually really hard to throw them further than their lethal radius because they have large pieces of shrapnel that fly far. Ideally they are used when you're in a semi-hardened location like a bunker, a foxhole, trench, or building with thick enough walls. You throw the grenade out, and anyone attacking you hopefully gets hit while you're safe.

Offensive grenades (like the German potato mashers) are usually designed to rely more on their concussive forces to stun, and they have a much, much smaller shrapnel radius. They are designed to throw at your enemy, while you are approaching them. This way the small radius stuns/injures/kills whoever you're attacking, but allows you to continue to approach their positions without fear of getting hit by shrapnel.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

satanic splash-back posted:

GBS comeback thread of the year, so far.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Blistex posted:

Defensive grenades typically have a larger blast area with more shrapnel, a good example of these are the pineapple grenades that SA uses as a logo. They're designed to maim and kill, and it's usually really hard to throw them further than their lethal radius because they have large pieces of shrapnel that fly far. Ideally they are used when you're in a semi-hardened location like a bunker, a foxhole, trench, or building with thick enough walls. You throw the grenade out, and anyone attacking you hopefully gets hit while you're safe.

Offensive grenades (like the German potato mashers) are usually designed to rely more on their concussive forces to stun, and they have a much, much smaller shrapnel radius. They are designed to throw at your enemy, while you are approaching them. This way the small radius stuns/injures/kills whoever you're attacking, but allows you to continue to approach their positions without fear of getting hit by shrapnel.

I learned something today, from gbs!!!!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blistex posted:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Prorat posted:

This is the best .gif, which NATO country is this?

Judging from the rifles, probably either the UK or Singapore.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I really admire the way those people loving yank the extra person into cover / safety

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was thinking the same thing, a couple of those people are amazing- I'd spend those extra seconds covering my head and balls

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
why the gently caress are you doing dumb mainfleet poo poo

lol if you depend on the goon hordes to create fun in your video game just play the fucken game

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

Short hairs adore a vacuum.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

what's this from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist