Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
This came out recently. I gave it a play through and it's really good, especially for a hack of the original Metroid. Lots of technically impressive stuff too.

Anyone given Super Mario Bros. 3 Mix a try? It's a really great SMB 3 hack and a great Mario experience overall.

PixoPoxo fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

get that OUT of my face posted:

What were the Kirby and Final Fantasy tracks used in the levels? I understood the Mega Man music as Dark Man's fortress in MM5.

The Kirby music is a remix from Kirby's Block Ball. It uses instruments from Kirby's Dreamland 3 as a nice touch.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
So this came out recently. Looks technically impressive, but I dunno about it.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

corn in the bible posted:

It is written like an awful nerd comedy project from 2007 (lmao trans lmao doctor who lmao all your base) which is a shame because it also has good dungeons?? Maybe I should record it sometime

Ugh that just sours me on it. I think I'm still going to play it because I love hacks that are total conversions.

Speaking of total conversion Zelda hacks, I don't think Zelda: The Legend of Link has been mentioned here yet. Definitely worth playing.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

get that OUT of my face posted:

The original edition of the Romhackeria had an LP of Redesign. It's chock-full of bullshit, some of which hasn't even been posted about here (the mandatory water part of Maridia with no Gravity Suit, the entire escape sequence after Mother Brain, probably more). Eris looks tame by comparison so far, but it still has the 2-missile upgrades.

There's a new edition of Redesign out that's supposedly easier. http://beta.metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=205

• Locked thread