Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
In spite of these being the worst maps, this still looks like a really fun hack. Enough so that I tracked down and downloaded the hack to give it a try myself.

And yeah, most of these worst levels really have a "my first Mario Maker level" feel to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I really like the Saturation Plains using music from other games. Though I don't think using that music from Seiken Densetsu 3 was necessarily an appropriate choice. You have the happy and upbeat overworld and then you get an action JRPG's combat dungeon theme for the underground.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The back half of Midnight Arbor really reminded me of Moonside. I really like that black and bright blue negative look.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

That Hogwarts level looked so loving awful. I didn't get nearly that far in my attempts at it, and from the look of things I'm glad I didn't. It was way too long with too few powerups and looked like it required you to be on your toes constantly.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

That bad future level gave me some very strong Super Meat Boy vibes. The second level was just bad all the way through. It felt like the level creator kept getting better and better at their level while they tested it, so they kept adding poo poo to make it even more challenging until you got both that porcupuffer section and the non-transparent fog as the conclusions of that idea.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

What does the 'leaked author' penalty even mean? Is that the late penalty?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Space world's levels all look really fun and not full of the dumb bullshit that seemed to plague the forest and grasslands.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Fish in Space! looked super fun to play through, not too hard and not too easy. Very much a nice refreshing change of pace after that bullet bill launcher cloud level.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Stink Terios posted:

VLDC8 also had an Hostel. It was... pretty good, and needs to be seen and not described with words.

Having just looked this up, I'm not sure words exist that are capable of describing VLDC8's iteration of Hostel. :staredog:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Gonna be honest, I'm failing to see how that level made it into the top 10. The first half was completely forgettable, while the second one should have ended at the end of the rising and falling section. The whole thing just looked like a chaotic jumble of ideas instead of a coherent exploration of an idea.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Watching this video and my mouth is just hanging open in shock. I'm only a third of the way through the video and the level keeps topping itself in crappiness.

Though now I don't feel quite so bad about a level I made while tooling around with LunarMagic a few weeks ago. Because at least it's not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

oldskool posted:

Bombos melts Kholdstare's ice block in one hit, while the Fire Rod takes eight blasts. You emptied your magic on seven fire rod blasts & then switched to Bombos after chugging a green potion :negative:

It didn't end up mattering but still.

FPzero believes that there's no kill like overkill. :v:

• Locked thread