Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

So, what actually is Map16? I know it's a SMW thing and a lot of stuff uses it, but is it a tileset? Is it a sprite collection? Is it just some random name the guy who made Lunar Magic came up with and the community latched onto it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I see! Thanks for the explanation!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 25 - My Brain Won't Melt :siren:

No flashing lights warning this time! I explain it in the video, but it couldn't hurt to put it in this post, too: with some help, I've managed to convert every single bum rush into a 30 fps video clip, which will prevent any flashing at all, at best. At worst, I've seen 3 flashes happen. However, the rest of the video is still in gloriously unnecessary 60 fps! Hooray for a mostly functional fix!

As for the video blurb itself: today we learn that trying to corral a dragon is like corralling a cat, I conduct a pointless experiment, and we find a book of secrets.

Thanks for going through the effort of keeping the video 60 fps while rushing bums at only 30. I'm not photosensitive but it's a lot more pleasant to look at this way.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for playing Eris for us. I would've hated playing it myself, but it was pretty enjoyable in this format.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

Did... did Samus explode the kid? :ohdear:

The ice beam was on. It's nothing a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate won't fix.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That level's music is such a godawful choice for it. 23 seconds of intro that you have to listen to over and over and over again because you're constantly getting killed by this really bad level.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I really wonder how well those levels hold up to the cement block test. Third place actually looked like fun to play and something you might actually find in a real game.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Cheez has bad opinions and gets belligerent when people don't agree. News as 11.

The only good part about this level was the secret exit having a hint.

I think it's a real shame these judge levels weren't judged by the other judges and scored (anonymously).

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wow, that level showered you with mushrooms in the first half and then the second half is completely devoid of them.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks for showing off that hack, it was a wild ride.

Don't feel bad about your low opinion of the last level, though. Even if you'd been more awake, it was just bad.

I appreciate you ending the video in time with the music instead of just cutting off that last note.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm excited to finally learn "what if Zelda was a girl" in Crow's bogus adventure!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

Is there something you have to do in-game to unlock that Shadow Man fight, or is it random?

I think it was mentioned briefly at the end of the video: beat the whole game without dying.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I loved the Golden Sun games when they came out, but Augus really hits the nail on the head.

Which is probably why the too-little-too-late sequel they released on the DS, Dark Dawn, felt really bland. It also didn't help that Motoi Sakuraba's musical style had changed over the years and trying to recapture the old games' music didn't gel very well.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I never beat LttP because of this stupid as gently caress ice palace final puzzle and not knowing that you're supposed to go to the next dungeon where you get the item that lets you beat the previous one.
I never went back to the game after, which is a shame on one hand. But on the other, maybe I should just do a keysanity run without knowing the game by heart and still end up with a less frustrating experience than doing the ice palace final puzzle legit.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

C-Euro posted:

You can do it without the Cane of Somaria but it's pretty annoying and kind of obtuse. It's been a while since I've done it "the right way" but it involves pushing a block down a hole, which is something I don't think you'd even know you can do at this point in the game.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Well you're not supposed to do that; you're supposed to push a block down the hole from the room above. In fact, the GBA version even changed the puzzle slightly so you can no longer skip it with the Cane of Somaria.

^ e: yeah that

I know. I was using that "supposed" in the least literal sense. Regardless, it's a really badly designed puzzle and whoever thought it up should feel bad to this day.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'll chime in to say that I enjoy watching this bizarro version of pokemon and would like to continue doing so.

FP does a way better job of offering constructive criticism than I could.
But one thing I'd like to ask is that until you get to the point where your audio situation is better, please make sure the inserted clips aren't so much louder than the rest of the video. I appreciate the technical difficulties thing, but :rip: my eardrums.

If you do end up shifting over to another thread, please link it in here so I can keep track.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks to this thread I've beaten Link to the Past for the first time ever. In keysanity...
I was right, it was less frustrating than doing the ice palace legit. Although it was really driving me nuts at some points, even when using that Stumpy tracker page.

I'd missed the bombable wall in the back of "hype cave" and of course that had the one key that I needed to progress. Also, the first goddamn sword was in skull woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

So, do we get a spirit medium to become a judge from beyond the grave for this?

Who do you think pulls off the Kurain spirit medium outfit better, Slowbeef? Geop? Chip? Or any of the other former LP mods. :rip: :spooky:

• Locked thread