Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

To complete FPs thought that got dropped in the "I Hope I Win" stage, the music is some weird farty version of the regular athletic/overworld theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

vdate posted:

There is a very quiet voice in the background at some points during this video that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the three commentators. Am I just imagining this, or did somebody step away from their mic, or what?

That's my wife leaning over my shoulder wanting to be a part of the rock and roll lifestyle of an lper hanger-on like myself.

Or it could be me, liquidy had to crank up the gain on my mic for this session because I didn't want to listen to my own audio.

But back to the randomizer, just going to say to those playing along with the seed, remember you can see temp party member equipment by selecting equip, hitting left and seeing the whole crews load out. The equipment options are interesting to say the least.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

hanales posted:

I'm really enjoying this. Please keep doing them.

Dem and I will ensure this.

So knowing about vanilla and its strange quirks I wanted to do a little roundup of what's been missed during the videos. This will cover the first 2 episodes. Don't know if I'll keep pace from now on or if I'll do every other week or not. But behold, just how much Beyond Chaos loves/hates you, the player.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=146658

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So originally I was going to hold off science until episode 4, but no, no science must be done.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 24, 2017

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The roundup for episodes 4 and 5. Sadly I had a bunch of issues with the recording, especially towards the end so you'll have to take my word for some of it.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=146802

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I'm sorry for Simon for knowing what good and bad Mega Man games look like and all the people here who know what it takes to make a rom hack. Cause I too can see this guy threw a bunch of ideas into it just to say he ripped the limitations of the NES in half. So technical ability takes a back stage to sensibilities saying "we don't need 10 enemies on screen with another one hovering on the edge waiting to spawn once you kill it." "Let's make a little shotgun with 6 shots or so on screen instead of 3 slow eggs at a time, but let's make it do a fraction of a point of damage so you have to see each and every one."

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rando 6 roundup

Come for the poison, stay for the ninja samurai yeti thief.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

In hindsight, it's probably whirlwind, but I always thought it was Wild. Which only complicates things when FFVII started using W for double.

No update this week, and probably not next week since liquidy covered almost everything in Zozo and my playthrough was just screwing around before the opera house.

To tide you over, enjoy this gif that makes no sense to anyone but us.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

I'm kinda curious what you ran into! I figured I would have seen it by now, but there hasn't been anything mind blowingly hard in the path of progress yet.

Are you playing the same game I am? Or the same game you showed video footage of to us?

Rando Roundup 6-9

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I wouldn't write Zepeli off as the Absolute Worst quite yet. After all, you haven't come across the character that inherited Umaro's berserk status. You could get an exploding berserker! Or a runic berserker! I have that last one on the... interesting seed I've been playing.

Fake edit: To be clear, I haven't played the LP's seed, so I'm not trying to be coy or anything. You could end up with a really good berserker for all I know!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Zepeli might theoretically be redeemable by getting access to really awesome equipment. I mean, imagine if he were the only one able to use the Ragnarok.

That is honestly the only possible redemption. He's able to equip basic swords, like the elemental blades we just got but not the enhancer, so I really doubt it.

Since I'm delaying another week since this was episode was short on missed content I'm going to do a quick summary of our characters (note that Hato, Shanon, Gendo and Hiiro have had some esper bonuses, so their stats may not be stock)

Party Average Stats: Strength 37, Speed 35, Stamina 32, Magic 32.

Chichi, aside from Vigor is pure average. Strength is low, but she's here to heal rear end and chew doritos, and she's sometimes out of rear end, so no big loss there.

Gendo is fast and strong. The third strongest on paper, but the strongest person we'd willingly choose to attack with. He's not bad, but he is boring.

Jean currently is low across the board, his magic is terrible, which is really sad to see from the guy who ate a gem box. 13, 13! Zepeli is double that! I'm going to fix that as soon as I can.

Viral is slow and weak, but his magic stat is above average, so once we get some magic in him we may see value.

Hato needs no introduction, he's great if you can look past his unpredictability. Only Viral is slower than him. Magic is a little low, but still in the curve.

Hiiro's stats are above average across the board. Fastest by far and second only to Shanon in raw magic power. R-elem has a much smaller pool to draw from, so damage should be more reliable than Hato, but it lacks the piercing strength of GrandTrain.

Shanon is a glass cannon, Stamina is the only dump stat.

Mog Saber is included in the pile, but I'll skip mentioning her since its been 9 episodes since we saw her last.

Legato really only has magic going for him, he's one of the slowest ninja's ever.

Zepeli is weak but fast. The only plan for him is when he has to be used, I need to cram his face full of the highest +Strength Esper I can find. In vanilla I love Cyan as a character, but drat if Zepeli doesn't beat him out for most pathetic member.

If we were to enter Kefka's tower today, Zepeli would definitely be left on the ship, and the second seat would either be Gendo or Legato, depending on if I had enough skeins or MP to sustain offense with Legato.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

oldskool posted:

Extra fun: because his skill is X Magic and not just Magic, he can't cast anything outside of battle.

Yep, I realized it as soon as Chichi got back. But I didn't realize his magic stat was poo poo until last night.

You know what else doesn't know his magic stat is poo poo? Break :getin:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

On today's roundup we finally find something that I can't beat (yet)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Like I said in my update, I'm not going to start making my updates or titles for updates standard any time soon.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bydoless posted:

Would killing Doom Gaze in the WoB break the encounter in the WoR, locking you out of Bahamut (which could give you something like Quick or Ultima)?

We'll see soon, and which I mean I haven't done anything since we haven't recorded to the point where I get the airship back and begin playing an infinite loop of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger as I rise up to the challenge of my rival.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rando Roundup 15 & 16

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Guys I think I discovered Legato's true identity-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipsPgNEmAXI&t=260s

I was at first ashamed that I didn't make the Simpsons reference myself.

Now with this, I feel the need to commit ritualistic suicide. If only there was some place within 20 minutes of my house where I could buy tantos, wakizashis and katanas and get a biscuit all in one stop.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

And here's my own, 100% kazoo free coverage of what was missed.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

In today's roundup I find out some bosses aren't as Heavy as they seem.

Why yes I'm playing Four Job Fiesta, why do you ask?

Also, full disclosure, I was permitted to go out into the world, and did so. Which is why I was acting informed about Dullahan. So I've already picked up all but Jean, Gendo and the Umaro/Gogo surrogates. Fun was had by all. And by fun I mean bum. and by bum I mean bumrush. And by all I mean Shanon, sometimes Iggy.

Also, spoiler Zepeli continues to be the biggest loaf, the lowest level of the whole party at 29, where he will remain forever

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You really should've gone to get Mog so you could get Umaro. I think at this point he has to have the Tools and Morph commands, right? Or are not all commands guaranteed to be on all characters?

Zepeli has !Morph (we've relic'd it to something more useful, since it doesn't seem to work, at least based on the MP we'd accumulated). I don't believe anything is certain, we'd need Umaro and Gogo's standins to have Steal, Tools, Rage, Slots, Sketch. Plus who knows, maybe he does have those things, but he's still a mindless berserked lunatic.

Alternatively his default command could be set to Suplex Everything.

I myself have gotten everyone but Gogo, Umaro, Gendo and Jean, since those are somewhat deep in dungeons or things that I don't want to spoil myself on in the videos. This is why I was :circlefap: at Bum Rush. All The Damage. And with Iggy its All The Damage Again.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yes, since I'm not making any roundups for awhile, Dullahan has the Death at MP = 0 flag, so rasping him is a viable option.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Also, for reference to those who don't know about Devour:

My one regret is that we stopped recording when the video ended. The *REDACTED* jokes kept coming.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rando Roundup #? Wherein Bum Rush becomes even more :black101:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

I dunno, I kinda like Gerad

ftfy

Also, concerned about Kefka not only putting Terra in a slavecrown, but in matching clothes.

Also I appreciate Solomon Grundy and his inevitable suplexes.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Untitled - heretofore known as the White Album

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

oldskool posted:

liquidy equip the Gem Box :allears:

he has, and before you ask your followup question, yes, the answer is yes.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FYI W-Esper showed up in another seed for Ancient Cave. It only casts a single esper. There may be some hard coding somewhere that considers "you can't double use the magicite item, you can't double cast slots, you can't have two espers, so you aren't capable of doing that."

Also, let's see where we can grind on the world map. Are the two most famous places to grind good? Find out HERE

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

liquidypoo posted:

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 30 - Hype For Nothing :siren:

In this session, we find out just how much of a slog the randomized version of the Phoenix Cave is while I demonstrate my lack of adaptability. Also, we see an old friend. No, not that one. I would never refer to that one as "friend."

No real update for me. Only 2 things: 1 - I forgot to buy more Fenix Downs... again. Thankfully that glitch where you can use tents with other squads as long as one is on the save point works. Second, I finally got a prize out of a monster in a box. It was a Hyper Wrist, so it wasn't that useful.

Also, liquidy was so antsy to get Content out to you that he didn't wait to put this in.

The directors cut of the rematch.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

A little bit of where the team stands, since we're fast approaching the end. Also stuff from the last video.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Jade Rider posted:

So in one of my randos, one of the Level X0 Magic enemies had innate Runic. That was fun. :shepicide:

Is the Runic Gendo's "Eat loving Ultima" Runic, or normal runic where you can chuck space rocks and ultimas in their face? Did you allow that jerk to just eat every other enemies magic and MP alive until they died, then leave your mimic to mime nothing (which I think means generic fight) until that rear end in a top hat died once every other target was down?

e: and just for those who haven't played the game, and since liquidy didn't show it. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM FIGHTS IN THE TOWER, excluding the Magic Pot encounter

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 17, 2017

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Jack, back to the past

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Its the only way to be sure

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

A short but important update

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

when I was watching the video in the background and heard all the complaints about it being unfair, I thought to myself "sounds like someone abused savestates to beat their own level. Sounds like... yeeeeeeeeep its ninja boy"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Spoilering since the video is still processing.

Or just hover over it and be confused for the lack of context.

There's just one thing to mention so no real update today. Dispel does work. May not really "help" since a turn casting dispel is a turn not casting ultima. But you know what they say: "A stitch in time saves 9999"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The "Waa Waaaaa~" backing track was expected, but still enjoyable. I wasn't ready for the second verse though :allears:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

The FF6 randomizer run is still going!

Not for long, unless I take up the PartyParty mantle.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Demerine posted:

Less a snipe and more a series of snipes.

With a cannon.

Come at me and all that, I guess.

Not a cannon but a pair of pistols that transforms into a shotgun.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

After watching all the ultimas, stop by and look at a run where only most of the attacks are ultima*

*still most attacks are ultima.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think its a counter, I think its one of his scripted actions somewhere above 10k health. So if you blow through that window, he doesn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Holy crap we're doing it, we're actually doing it. Come join this dead husk of a channel while we do the post mortem of Beyond Chaos. https://www.twitch.tv/feyerbrandx/

e: and done, will dump onto youtube at some point.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 25, 2017

• Locked thread