Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
this is a fine post 👌🏻

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
That is a terribly plain instrument cluster

I converted from this basic cluster style

To this rather less dour style

In my shitbox craigslist crapcan corolla.

Post your instrument clusters ITT.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Let's talk about the first jointly-designed product under the merger of equals, the Chrysler Pacifica.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I have VDO gauges in all my cars so the odometers have never worked :(

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My car only has a dot matrix odometer. :smith:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

rscott posted:

I have VDO gauges in all my cars so the odometers have never worked :(

The (VDO) speedometer didn't work in my vanagon. It had this insane setup where there the end of the speedo cable was square and it keyed into the grease cap for the wheel bearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDzWH0GebQ

Bonus humiliation. At one point I lost the cap and I had to drive to the stealer with a dixie cup hose clamped onto the hub to keep the grease in and the dirt out. Worked surprisingly well.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I, too, have touched boobs.

(also read the trip odometer backwards...)

blk
Dec 19, 2009

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Less is more...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
My Grey WRX Wagon has no odometer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My Grey WRX Wagon has no odometer

Good thing the lower lights look like nipples.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
I am the One who has captured the Sun!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Red_October_7000 posted:

Bullshit:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Putting the drive axle on jack stands and "driving" it doesn't count. Neither does attaching the speedo cable to a drill. :colbert:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 6, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I miss my Audi's digi-dash:

I'm working on a Digital dash for my rally car, but can't find a good way to do digital 'analog' gauges.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 6, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CommieGIR posted:

I miss my Audi's digi-dash:

I'm working on a Digital dash for my rally car, but can't find a good way to do digital 'analog' gauges.

Panelpilot screens are a bit expensive for what you get but you can feed them whatever signal and get whatever output on the screen you want. I use them a lot at work where I'm not spending my personal money.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Red_October_7000 posted:

So many things there are making my head hurt. The oil pressure is high for those revs, its running way too cold unless it has the wrong (or no) thermostat and the factory limiter should have cut fuel at 100. For a 5.3 at least.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Maybe the engine wasn't fully warmed up? I mean... cold oil usually translates into higher oil pressure, and as you pointed out, the temp is on the low side. I wouldn't want to be beating on my own car like that if it wasn't warmed up, but hey..

I got nothin on the limiter aside from maybe it was removed with something like HP Tuners. Kinda surprised to hear it's only 100 though, even my Saturd will do 108 before the limiter kicks in (it takes a looooooooooong time to hit 108, and has a laughably optimistic 140 MPH speedo).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 9, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I'd be at temp by the time I passed work with an iron block 5.3. just under 5 minutes driving time and 2 miles. Passing 120mph on an interstate like it appears to be in those pictures would definately have it sitting pretty at 195°f. :colbert:

Putting bets on offsized wheel/tires throwing it all off. And a way too cold thermostat.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

That oil pressure would be normal for me at that temp and rev range on a chilly day. Tires wouldn't do that unless he did a speedo comp flash as well. A picture that clear in a GMT800 at that speed is difficult. I'm going with broken speedo stepper though those break a lot.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:hai:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I still think boobsless is better. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
My forklift at work rolled 15000.0 hours while I was driving it a couple weeks ago. Not allowed to take pictures inside the plant, but I swear it happened.

• Locked thread