Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Marble Hornets should have gone the Pontypool route for its finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

syscall girl posted:

I remember seeing lowtax tweet mild outrage at it but not cuz he wanted the money. He just seemed ashamed for the ARG crew.
Odd that Lowtax would get the money and not, like, the poster that came up with the idea.

SA is just a giant work-for-hire scheme.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lobok posted:

He can start a club with Dracula and the Phantom of the Opera.

Neither of these are inherintly white skinned.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

In the original novel, wasn't the Phantom from Persia?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Odd that Lowtax would get the money and not, like, the poster that came up with the idea.

He technically owned all the rights but didn't seem to want anything to do with the idea

I think it might be because he has kids and well, you know

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/slender-man-trial-trying-these-girls-as-adults-is-absurd-w431464

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FilthyImp posted:

It's a better idea that trying to claim ownership of the concept of Let's Plays and that the creator of Minecraft should be paying dividends since it's why his game got so popular, at least.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barudak posted:

Neither of these are inherintly white skinned.

Foiled by Blacula yet again!

Not sure how we're defining white skin but I'll give you Phantom if we're being purists. Didn't know he was so jaundiced and zombie-ish in the original novel. I think of Phantom and I imagine Lon Cheney or the Andrew Lloyd Weber version.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chairman Capone posted:

No, pretty sure he just did some contract work there.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MariusLecter posted:

Marble Hornets should have gone the Pontypool route for its finale.

To be fair, there were very few good ways to wrap up the story by the time season 3 had even started. The way season 1 ended was perfect as a series ending though I absolutely loved the hotel stuff in S2.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Nope, he's a pale Frenchmen that got all jaundiced. There is a character from Persia, though, and he lurks around the opera house investigating all the weird poo poo that happens there.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Guy Mann posted:

It's a better idea that trying to claim ownership of the concept of Let's Plays and that the creator of Minecraft should be paying dividends since it's why his game got so popular, at least.

Not like that was a joke or something

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Also Dracula is literally about a Slavic gently caress Machine who comes to the land of white people to gain power by defiling their women, so that's a pretty separate bag of horror tropes from slendermans whole deal of being the symbols of civilization separated from personality.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Slavic gently caress Machine

mods name change

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lobok posted:

Foiled by Blacula yet again!

Not sure how we're defining white skin but I'll give you Phantom if we're being purists. Didn't know he was so jaundiced and zombie-ish in the original novel. I think of Phantom and I imagine Lon Cheney or the Andrew Lloyd Weber version.

Actually funny you say that, I just went to a performance of Phantom of the Opera a few weeks ago with a Black Phantom since, well, there is nothing about the character mandating his whiteness.

I will also say, the play takes on a very different subtext in that context where an escaped black slave runs around killing people by lynching them during operas about African conquerors and cuckoldry.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Monster Trucks did something right:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Star Wars doesn't even get a decent hand drawn poster and yet they sprung one for loving Monster Trucks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I haven't watched the trailer for that movie but there's no way that poster can live up to what I just crafted in my head.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tars Tarkas posted:

some producer gives a massive amount of fucks about this movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

heh heh yeah, this movie is gonna loving SUCK hahaha

*secretly I think it will be good and at worst a cult classic for Gen Z*

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

some producer gives a massive amount of fucks about this movie.
Trying to reconnect after a messy divorce, film producer Tom Burnett calls in every favor in Hollywood in an attempt to make one of his estranged son's drawings a cinematic classic.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Trying to reconnect after a messy divorce, film producer Tom Burnett calls in every favor in Hollywood in an attempt to make one of his estranged son's drawings a cinematic classic.

I would watch this movie. Tom Burnett is played by Viggo Mortensen, his infant son by Jeffery Dean Morgan.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I really doubt it's gonna make much of a splash at all

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My 11-year old sister really wants to see it, for what it's worth.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Lifetime is making a movie about the Flint water crisis starring Cher. And, no, they haven't fixed the water yet. I'm sure they'll get right on it.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cher-lifetime-flint-water-crisis-movie-1201953775/

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if they've even started working on it, but even if they have it's a process that will take years.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

I knew this movie actually started as a Big Trouble in Little China sequel.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

At first I was confused at the weird direction the new MacGyver is taking.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tars Tarkas posted:

That art is really reminiscent of movie poster artists like Drew Struzan and Hugh Fleming, they really did do a good job of it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I guess some of us are just young at heart :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

Star Wars doesn't even get a decent hand drawn poster and yet they sprung one for loving Monster Trucks.

Do you mean The Force Awakens or Rogue One? Because I thought The Force Awakens got the full Struzan treatment.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barudak posted:

Actually funny you say that, I just went to a performance of Phantom of the Opera a few weeks ago with a Black Phantom since, well, there is nothing about the character mandating his whiteness.

I will also say, the play takes on a very different subtext in that context where an escaped black slave runs around killing people by lynching them during operas about African conquerors and cuckoldry.

Assuming Christine was white, it also gives a bit of a different flavour to the Angel of Music teaching and him stealing her away.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Phylodox posted:

Do you mean The Force Awakens or Rogue One? Because I thought The Force Awakens got the full Struzan treatment.

The Force Awakens has a Struzan poster but it's not the release one sheet.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

MonsieurChoc posted:

My 9 year old daughter loves monsters and my 5 year old son loves trucks, so maybe this is the movie they find common ground.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I wasn't interested in Monster Trucks at all, but drat if that wasn't an effective poster.

Just look at that grin on the squid!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Man, even on a hand-drawn poster, Harrison Ford looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I was thinking the main poster for those movies. I've actually never seen the art posted above.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

The Force Awakens has a Struzan poster but it's not the release one sheet.

Was never a fan of this, one of his worst compositions I've seen, IMO. The Monster Trucks poster is legit better.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably a better film

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lobok posted:

Assuming Christine was white, it also gives a bit of a different flavour to the Angel of Music teaching and him stealing her away.

Everybody else was white in the production. The other great part is where he still wore the white plaster mask so its a perfectly reasonable interpretation his skin disfigurement is his black skin itself. It makes the ending where he gets gunned down by the cops while not resisting arrest even more troubling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

If they do even a halfway decent job at the tie-in merchandising, then this movie will be freaking huge.

• Locked thread