Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

syscall girl posted:

I remember seeing lowtax tweet mild outrage at it but not cuz he wanted the money. He just seemed ashamed for the ARG crew.

It couldn't have made much of an impression on the box office

Dismal imdb page looks like it never hit a theater

The money influx from that and their dvd sales ultimately drove them apart and killed all their future projects. That should be the plot of this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Trailer for Communion hosed me hardcore for the part where the alien peeks around from behind the corner. The movie itself is loving hilarious.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ookla the Mok is way better than Gleek or that rhinoceros that shoots beams out of its horn. Steve Gerber created Thundarr, too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

greatn posted:

There just aren't 13 charming women.

Armond White's review will explain that women just aren't as funny as men.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Really? The only pictures of them together I've ever seen are from the pre-miniseries interview. I remember when the A-Team movie came out he went back to criticizing BSG, too. He also called the movie "The Gay Team".

Yeah, this was their meeting in 2003, before he had his change of heart about the show. It was included on the BSG miniseries DVD, not sure if it made it onto any of the other BSG DVD releases.

On the dvd commentary they talk about almost casting him as God for the season one finale, so while they were writing the season they considered him a friend of the show. But they do also mention that for various unnamed reasons they ended up doing something very different for the finale.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I saw Gran Torino I legit thought Eastwood was doing a favor to a film student by starring in it. I couldn't believe my eyes when the end credits came up.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Get off my lawn and pull up your pants: the movie

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I will credit him for not blaming the woman for getting raped. I think we're supposed to think his sons are reasonable for not wanting anything to do with him after being treated like poo poo and called fags for 50 years. That part seemed aware that Clint's character had done serious things that he needed to answer for.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

greatn posted:

Let me get this straight though. No dog was actually harmed. There was a humane society rep on set and observing who apparently voiced no objections. People are mad because a dog looks scared? When dogs have emotions that are completely different than humans and don't show them in the same way as even other dogs.

The dog refused to go into the water and the trainer grabbed it by the collar and threw it in, whereupon it was carried to the end of the pool and sank under the water. Is that not harm?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

well why not posted:

Ray Romanaissance :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX3Regj6nAg

Super excited for this, Kumail Nanjiani is very funny and it's a true story based on the experience of he & his wife (Emily V. Gordon). Amazon bought this for a big stack of cash, it'l be out soon.

They talked about their experiences on his sadly now-dead x-files podcast. Should be solid.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems like they're ditching Jake being from the 70s, which I feel is a shame for some reason I can't articulate. I guess I just want to see 70s New York and 80s New York inbetween lobster monsters and Dr. Doom throwing licensed Harry Potter memorabilia.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Len posted:

I need to get back to that series. I'm midway through book 4 but I find it hard to care about teenage Roland and his list for a farm girl.

If she's white in the movie then the reactions by awful nerds will entirely justify making the movie.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dean Stockwell vs Cousin Balki is the greatest drama. I feel like King tv adaptations really capture the spirit and feel of the 90s better than a lot of things.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Edg3 of 2morrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lobok posted:

Those Who Watched Edge of Tomorrow Are Doomed to Repeat It

He who edges tomorrows should take care that he himself does not live die repeat. And he who edges long into tomorrow discovers that tomorrow edges back.

• Locked thread