Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well it certainly doesn't look it. Every photo shows a lot of production value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It was 100 million?

I thought Deadpool was something paltry like $35 million.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The budget sheets were already drawn and preproduction and I think a good deal of actual production was already underway by the time BvS came out so I don't think it affected WW much. There's no evidence of them making major changes to the project and if they did it would be in reshoots and the editing room.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't he also have a private art collection of nude child paintings or something? Something that sounds really bad but was probably normal for an art collector to have?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Die Another Day was so bad I walked out and into a screening of Eight Crazy Nights, and I was just glad I wasn't watching Die Another Day.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So did a kid friendly animal CGI space adventure yet they somehow hosed it up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably a better film

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I mean, he's alright but his stand-up isn't particularly great. His best stuff is the songs Megan mullally cowrote.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
God drat mid-eighties Lea Thompson.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He wasn't a predator he was a dark overlord. Completely different thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah his name is Desilu

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

Isla Fisher as a frumpy housewife in Keeping up with the Joneses is about as believable as Rachel Leigh Cook as the ugly girl in She's All That.

Glad to pretend she's a frumpy housewife for the payoff of that dress later in the film.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The MSJ posted:

Also because the main cast is all women so they get only 70% of the team.

There just aren't 13 charming women.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want a TJ Hooker movie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just in case someone hasn't seen this:

I predict something bad happens to weird science lady.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I saw Monster Trucks with my kid this weekend. It was completely innocent 90s adventure type of a movie. It was light hearted fun with really nothing offensive that was basically a combination of Free Willy, ET, and something like Clockstoppers.

The love interest wanted to jump the main characters bones more than just about any female character I'd ever seen, but all in a completely innocent "they just hold hands" way.

Rob Lowe played the villain which was a surprise to me cause he wasn't in marketing. And Tom from Reno 911 was a scientist.

It was a movie just competently made all around, a good kids film, refreshingly with just about zero edge at all.

Also this movie hates oil companies but loving looooooves oil.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

during sleep paralysis you are awake but frozen and can see things in the room that aren't there.

Just close yo eyes!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's kinda weird to me no American media company has tried the same thing they do with manga / anime, put out a television show that's a straight up adaptation of an ongoing monthly comic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought those differed significantly from source material, at least in walking deads case.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well there's Dragonball of course. It just has the habit of having miles of filler and even new characters to pad out the release schedule, but those events never affected the story which was extremely faithful to the comic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
But you know what? They got the loving shot.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It didn't really seem that edgy to me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Let me get this straight though. No dog was actually harmed. There was a humane society rep on set and observing who apparently voiced no objections. People are mad because a dog looks scared? When dogs have emotions that are completely different than humans and don't show them in the same way as even other dogs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's a morning matinee, there are no rukes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe they should send a terminator to Avatar planet.

• Locked thread