Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

got any sevens posted:

Um, I think you'll find that the Lego Movie had Batman and Superman. Not sure they ever spoke to each other though... I still haven't seen BvS despite owning almost all other batman dvd's and even liking Superman Returns, because all I heard was how boring and unfun it was. Life is boring and unfun enough for me.

Jesus dude don't let goons dictate what you enjoy, ffs

i went into it with low expectations and had fun. you might too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

Admittedly it is fun throwing it out there to shut up dumb hippies.

Lol yeah you sure showed them, being insufferable to the point of parody

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

MrBling posted:

Listen, if everything worked then Buff Chris Pratt would be out of a job

God I loving wish, maybe then people could stop pretending Chris Pratt isn't completely replaceable in just about everything

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
FWIW i would totally watch swansoon and cheetavalanche

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Anyone saying a Duke Nukem movie couldn't be done (and couldn't be entertaining) are crazy

Just make it completely over-the-top with everything and don't have it take itself seriously. Like an 80's action movie version of Black Dynamite, if that makes any sense. I'd watch 85 minutes of that. v:shobon:v

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Watch ash vs the evil dead if you want to know what a modern Duke nukem should be like.

Yes. This is actually a better example than Black Dynamite. Just wall-to-wall jackassery and false bravado for the whole film, have Duke wind up face first in an alien's rear end in a top hat at some point, everyone's happy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I made the mistake of seeing Aliens long after roughly half the film's scenes had become established and predictable action sci-fi tropes elsewhere and it seriously dampened my enjoyment of it. I'm sure I would have liked it much more if I caught it new. v:shobon:v

• Locked thread