Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Random Stranger posted:

And my response to Suicide Squad was a fantastic concept completely squandered every step of the way and utter garbage.

And my response was "At least it was better than MoS and BvS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I don't get why they aren't straight to dvd.

I think the last one was, and I guess I erroneously thought that would be the last we heard of them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It was established in Highlander that the Immortals are born "Immortal", but their immortality only kicks in when they first die. So the show introduced a ten year old immortal (who had been killed when he was a slave in ancient Rome), and one spin off media introduced an Immortal who was housed on holy ground, since he had lived a full life and died at the age of 102. He existed in a perpetual coma.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Timby posted:

Not officially greenlit yet but Paramount announced back in July that they were developing another movie (originally with Payne and McKay, the original writers of Beyond who were fired). All that we know so far is that Pine and Quinto are the only cast members under contract -- they demanded huge pay raises to do Beyond, Paramount agreed on the condition that they sign new contracts with an option for a sequel -- and that the story involves George Kirk, so time travel fuckery is involved.

Pretty sure Chris Hemsworth is also signed on as well.

re: Matrix talk. I made the mistake of watching Jackie Chan's Drunken Master II before seeing The Matrix in theaters, and found myself disappointed in how boring The Matrix's fight scenes were after watching DM II.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm just gonna assume you wanted an excuse to bring up that weird as gently caress scene because that's more understandable than you genuinely asking this question

Anytime "It" gets mentioned, whether it's the novel, TV miniseries, or this new film, there's always one who brings it up as if they're the only person to ever mention it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's true. All of it.

It started out as a simple family comedy, but then Urkel, the wacky neighbor character, just blew up in a way nobody expected. The show became more outlandish as it centered more around him.

The last episode I remember watching was basically Speed, but on one of those stationary spin bikes at the gym.

You left out the fact that it was a spin off of "Perfect Strangers".

CopywrightMMXI posted:

With 3 years between each movie, that's 42 years of transformers! The original transformer fans will be approximately 85 by the time this wraps up.

Fake edit: I assume Bay is facetious about this

Nah, the plan is to do spin off films. "Bumblebee" is going to be the first one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

Can someone explain about the Dallas shower scene? I don't want to be Googling any shower scenes at work.

"It was all a dream!" Seriously. Duffy's character was dead, and his wife woke up find him alive and in the shower, and it turned out the last season had all been a dream, and Duffy had never died.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Cuz if we're posting comic stuff we like (even if I'm not a DC fan), I love this whole section, since it's on topic and all.

That's amazing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Weren't they supposed to be doing a new Tremors TV show? With Kevin Bacon involved?

Len posted:

If they replace Burt with his bastard son I'm done with series.

The 3 direct to video sequels were quaint, seeing as they had involved the writers from the original to carry on with the scripts. Tremors 5 didn't have them involved at all, and it was awful. It was as if they forgot they were supposed to be humorous (and no, adding Jamie Kennedy doesn't count as humor)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Man To Man With Dean Learner. I think Garth was even the first guest.

Man to Man with Dean Learner has to have my favorite line, ever. It involves Dean going off on a rant about wet wipes.

Dean Learner posted:

It's very difficult to find a good quality wet-wipe in any case, because I took Satu to the Ivy recently, and I asked for a wet-wipe and they said 'We don't do wet-wipes.' I said, 'The gently caress you don't do wet-wipes! I'm paying two ton a head and you don't do loving wet-wipes?'

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Sure, Del Toro and Perlman tried to get a Hellboy 3 off the ground a few months ago. So rebooting it seems like a good idea.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I dunno, I would've liked a scaled back, more personal Hellboy 3 with Perlman and co. to cap off their run. I love the beat the second one ends on and it's a shame we'll never get a follow through.

I still love GTD stories about pitching Hellboy to studios and their responses.

"Does he have to be red?"
"Does he have to be a demon?"

And my favorite:

Studio: "Couldn't he be a regular guy who when he gets mad turns into Hellboy?"
GDT: "No. That's the Hulk."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

More and more negative reviews are piling up for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, its already sitting at a metascore of 38 and the drat thing hasn't even come out yet.

That's only six points less the BvS!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Calaveron posted:

What a Duketastrophy

This warms my heart

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Love Naomie Harris. As an aside - is this the first time ever The Rock has been paired with a black woman?

The Rundown. I'm talking about Rosario Dawson, not Sean William Scott

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Which came after Iron Man 1.

A month after

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Quentin Tarantino worked with Joss Whedon on Wonder Woman?

In the commentary for Serenity, when the camera is focused in on Summer Glau's bare feet, he says "if the Serenity is the 10th member of the crew, then River's feet are the eleventh." It's a half joking comment, but yeah, he does it enough that he felt the need to comment on it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Sir Kodiak posted:

Did the kid's plan incorporate the guy killing himself?

More importantly Did the kid's mother ever read his diary and think "Holy poo poo, I was raising a psychopath?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Cacator posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake.

http://movieweb.com/bondverse-james-bond-movie-universe-plans-rumored/

Trying to shoehorn in a pointless connection between all the Craig Bond movies is part of the reason why Spectre was such a bloated mess, have they learned nothing? You'd think trying to expand a franchise on a series that is completely reliant on a single central character would not be a great idea (unless Q has a massive underground fan base that I've never heard about?)

Thirty loving years a Desmond Llewelyn Q movie would've kicked rear end.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Oh yeah.

e: which one of them did I do all that meth with then?

Daniel Baldwin.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Okay, you want a Seagal movie to watch? Here's the one to watch:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493424/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_73

Why?

"Screenwriter Joe Halpin is quoted in the book "Seagalogy: The rear end Kicking Films of Steven Seagal" as saying that "Attack Force" had originally been written and filmed as "Harvester," a sci-fi/horror movie with Steven Seagal and his men battling an invading force of vampire space aliens. After Seagal, Halpin and director Michael Keusch had delivered the finished sci-fi film, the production and distribution company decided to eliminate the sci-fi space-alien elements and replace them with another plot about a super-addictive drug that turns its users into superhuman killers. They called back a few of the lower-paid actors for re-shoots, re-dubbed the majority of Seagal's dialog via ADR, totally re-edited the film and changed it into "Attack Force" as it is now known. Seagal and Halpin were not involved."

Now, when they say "re-dubbed", he's not talking like the producers said, "Okay, Steve's got this speech here that doesn't fit the plot, so redub it." What he's saying is, the producers said, "Okay, Steve's got this speech here that doesn't fit the plot, so redub lines 2, 4, and 7, but keep the rest of it."

It's bonkers.

I guess the other take away is that there's a book called "Seagalogy: The rear end Kicking Films of Steven Seagal"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

For years Todd had been saying that a new Spawn film would be similar in tone to Se7en.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

People of my generation will remember:

Breakin' and Beat Street
The two Lambada movies
Rad/BMX Bandits

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 15, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

well why not posted:

Can they really? Liam Neeson is about six months away from using a walking stick fulltime. No way that franchise works with another lead.

They made it into a NBC TV show.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ricky Spanish

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ammanas posted:

Yo let's talk about movies instead of really lovely and awful cartoons that are made for 14 year old boys

At least it's not Warhammer, right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Will Sasso as Steven Seagal was very funny.

Will Sasso as Fred Durst is classic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Also loved MadTV's "The Sopranos" edited for PAX TV.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Is Sucker Punch a feminist film?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I came to post this, you wonderful bastard.

So did I!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

At this point, I'd rather have a Joker film instead of another drat Batman film.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Who would be the best Joker?

And who would be the best Superman?

Do a gender switch though.

Lori Petty as the Joker (She did a proto version on "Gotham", and she's all I want now)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They should pull a reverse MGS2 with Batman, market it as starring someone else, have pictures of him in the batsuit, use him in commercials, then ten minutes into the film Affleck beats up Jean Paul Valley and takes his suit back.

Why not? DC already burned through Zod, Doomsday/The Death of Superman, and next Darkseid story lines.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Space Cabbie

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skwirl posted:

It will be once they have a bunch of young women running around with bows and arrows.

And makeshift bikinis. Don't forget the makeshift bikinis.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Fart City posted:

The biggest improvement from the source material is that Project Mayhem actively kills people in the book, which detracts from the whole "Robin Hood" aspect, and in turn muddies some of the themes of the story. Also, not for nothing, the ending twist plays much better on screen than on the page, because there are way more ways to play with the reveal on a visual level, which Fincher does admirably.

The back of my paperback flat out says Tyler is a fake person

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wouldn't be surprise if they got one of the Marvel directors to do it, like The Russo Brothers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

And the official imdb.com listing for the movie is slightly weird:

What Oscar winning prowess? Unless it's Oscar Meyer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Method acting is bloody stupid.

My favorite method acting story is about Jim Carrey in Man on the Moon. He stayed in character as Andy Kaufman the whole shoot, and when it came time to shoot the story of Andy vs Jerry "The King" Lawler, he was a complete dick to Jerry. So much so that Lawler pulled Milos Foreman aside and said "Does he know that Andy and I were friends?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Timby posted:

Yep. Cinderella, Snow White, Lion King, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Dumbo, Sword in the Stone and 101 Dalmatians are all in varying stages of production.

Didn't they already do Cinderella?

• Locked thread