Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

It was more prominent with the toys but Kylo toys were significantly overproduced and sold worse than Rey/Finn/Poe while Rey, the only woman, was the best selling character even though her toys were significantly underproduced in comparison to the other characters.

And isn't this due to the belief in the toy industry that Star Wars toys are action figures, which means only boy's will want them, and boys do not want to play with female character toys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Pizza the Hut from Space Balls used to gross me out as a kid. Especially when his robot assistant rips off a chunk and eats it. Then PtH dies by eating himself.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

In a college PR/media relations class I convinced the professor to let use watch Wag the Dog which she had never even heard of. Needless to say she gave me a couple of angry looks during the movie. We did have a decent discussion afterwords so it turned out all right.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

I hope that spoiler is true.

Also iBoy trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEWtpSmJXg

Watchdogs got a movie?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

Holy poo poo, have I found someone else who remembers the movie 'Chain Reaction'?

The only reason I remember it is because a couple of scenes were shot here in Madison, WI.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

God this. King could do a good job of ratcheting up the tension but he couldn't write an ending to get out of a wet paper bag. The book Desperation was a really good example of this where you had a game of cat and mouse between a scared bewildered group of survivors running away from a body snatching cosmic horror and in the end the survivors figure out that said entity's prime body is in a mine and one of the characters (I think the schlubby self insert author character, though my memory is hazy) up and decides to suicide bomb it. Surviving female lead and small child get in car and drive away. The End.

Did this get a movie where the cosmic horror is an alien that makes everyone super smart but causes their teeth to fall out? The main character resists and in order to sneak in pulls out his own teeth?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Edge of Tomorrow 2: The Edge Lords

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And tidbits from a supposed leak of the script

Still using the "autism = super intelligence" trope I see.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

dirksteadfast posted:

...oh God don't make it about Maverick competing to prove that real people can outfly drones. Stealth was not a good film.

Macross Plus is pretty cool though.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Is 12 Feet Deep the second installment of the 47 Meters Down Cinematic Universe?

A sequel to Six Feet Under?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm so loving old.

South Park will be 20 years old in a couple of weeks and will be starting its 21st season in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Were does Daren Aronofsky's Mother! fit? Most :psyduck: ?

• Locked thread