Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hate that I can't get excited for Bubblegum CrisisBlade Runner 2049. I loved Arrival, think highly of Ryan Gosling, and Harrison Ford is my favorite actor. I just don't think it's going to do anything other than cement Deckard as a replicant, a theory I loathe.

Part of me kind of wants an actual live-action attempt at Bubblegum Crisis.

The rest of me dreads the idea of that ever happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It would be easy as hell to do. Four women from different social strata coming together to fight rampaging androids in iron man suits? I'd go see it.

It WOULD be easy to do but they'd find a way to gently caress it up. They already did it once with the Tokyo 2040 series. A live action thing would be even easier to ruin.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Same here, but for Unsolved Mysteries.

Oh gently caress that creepy rear end show. My mom used to watch it all the drat time. Just the sound of the theme song was enough to keep me from being able to sleep. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'll admit it. I'm kind of intrigued by this.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Wrasslin' time, this time it's Future Wrasslin'!

"You heard it here first, folks. Big Show is planning to take over the world!"

I love everything about this. :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

well why not posted:

I totally buy into that 'fan-theory' (ugh) about the visitors in Signs, makes it really interesting on a rewatch. I'm fairly sure it's the intended meaning of the story, it's just framed as an alien invasion story.

Which fan theory are we talking about here?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Not aliens, but demons.

Robot Style posted:

The aliens are demons, and the water that hurts them is specifically Holy Water (since Gibson's character is a priest).

Why would demons be leaving crop circles?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

RP1 is pretty bad but at least in the ending the main character decides to start spending time in the real world and not as much in the virtual world.

There's a decent message there, I think, but sadly it'll probably get overlooked with the movie.

I also hate to admit that it bothers me that Tom Sawyer is used in the trailer because 2112 was the Rush album that was the huge plot point, not Moving Pictures. This lovely book's movie shouldn't be annoying me like this and I hate myself for it. :argh:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 23, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

got any sevens posted:

Tie in Casper too

Nah. Casper's in the Harvey Comics Universe with Richie Rich and Wendy and the little devil character who's name I can't remember.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I know sequel talk was a few pages back, but I just want to throw in that I'm still waiting for Disney to make the proper sequel to 101 Dalmations, The Starlight Barking.

Turns out, dogs are actually aliens, and the LORD OF THE DOG STAR SIRIUS wants to take them off of the Earth before humans destroy it with nuclear war!

Such a weird loving book.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

There was an old PS1 (maybe PS2) where you raced and did tricks on snowmobiles. They used Dragula on the soundtrack and that poo poo was my jam when playing that game.

E: Sled Storm! That's the game

There were a bunch of PS1 games that used Dragula on the soundtrack and I hated it. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I like Harry Potter but I'm not like, huge into it or anything. I did really like the first movie though and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If you made a Fist of the North Star movie that would also be a gigantic flop.

It's Mad Max featuring Bruce Lee. That's an easy sell.

A modern attempt at a live action FotNS would do well, I think, if it had the right creative team behind it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Should've done a Snow Crash adaptation

Has the same real world is a poo poo hole and corporations are the new government (with a pizza delivery outfit being militarized and run by the mafia) and escapism into a virtual second life world.

The gist is that Snow Crash is a virus that fucks you up in the real world if you look at it in the virtual world, much more interesting than find the golden egg at the end of the maze.

Most of the cool stuff happens outside of the VR world though in lovely shanty towns so it would be lighter on the CGI popcorn fiesta effects

I've been waiting a very long time for a Snow Crash adaptation.

I suspect I'm going to be waiting a very long time further.

• Locked thread