Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

I liked MH at the time, though I kinda hate season 3. But yeah the movie is really fuckin' boring and lame.

Yeah I never finished season 3. I have the first 2 seasons on DVD but just kinda lost interest interest shortly after Jay died(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I haven't watched the trailer for that movie but there's no way that poster can live up to what I just crafted in my head.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Finally watched the Monster Trucks trailer and it isn't at all what my mental image was after that poster and now I'm quite upset ):

Still looks like it'd be fun for kids.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Young Freud posted:

It took me until my twenties before I could handle the Nazi face-melting scene in Raiders. And they show that scene unedited on broadcast TV.

That's because Nazis are unquestionably evil and it's completely acceptable to show whatever happening to them :colbert: :911:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I like that instead of reboots child's play just keeps truckin out a new movie every few years

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mystery Inc already did that though. It had an episode where the Scooby Gang went to a convention for mystery solving teens. Jabberjaw, the Funky Phantom, and the talking dune buggy were all there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

In third or fourth grade our music teacher tried to show us West Side Story but someone complained do we only got to see the first like 20 minutes.

My junior year of high school someone's parent flipped poo poo over the book Snow Falling on Cedars so we didn't get to finish that book

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I didn't see name of the rose or stand and deliver. I actually had to look both of those up because I didn't know what y'all were talking about.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Simplex posted:

To be fair to him, if he made more movies like The Last Airbender I would probably go see them in the theater. Although it was terrible, it was also extremely hilarious.

I saw The Last Airbender at a drive in theater that let it go out of focus halfway through the movie and never fixed the problem. I'm still not sure if I'm upset by that or not

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Someday I should watch Black Hole. I had an audiobook/drama on cassette when I was like 5-8 and listened to it to death but I've never seen the movie.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tiriganiaq posted:

Were the aliens in signs even antagonistic? The one that made it to tv was just hanging around in a back garden and one at some point got locked inside a room and was trying to escape. I don't even remember what the at the end of the film was doing. Was it holding the son hostage?

The one at the end attempted to murder the son with a gas it shot from its wrist but the son was having an asthma attack and didn't breathe any of it in

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Well, I mean more in the sense that no major plot details are changed. Like, if you compare the Walking Dead comic to the show, the broad strokes are the same but a lot of the specifics of events are different between the two. Not to mention stuff like Rick still having both of his arms in the show.

Meanwhile, the One Piece anime (for example) adds filler and stretches out scenes, but is largely a very faithful adaptation of the One Piece manga. Stuff typically happens in both in the same way.

The arm thing could easily be because looking back he regrets having him lose the hand

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw

Power Rangers trailer

I THINK THIS LOOKS REALLY COOL AND I LIKE IT although i could continue to nitpick things.

I think it looks cool and fun as well but I couldn't nitpick things. Power Rangers came out when I was in preschool and I don't remember many details beyond they would fight monsters and it was rad as hell.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Grendels Dad posted:

Also, you suddenly have five friends where before you had none.

It would be kind of funny if the kids discovered that, even with their shared destiny and awesome powers, they don't really like each other all that much.

Like that won't happen anyway? The question would be if it's played up Grimdarkly or goofy like a 90s buddy film.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Groovelord Neato posted:

that explains everything.

can't believe those goons won app of the year for that bullshit.

I swear I missed something because Tiny Tower gets such praise and all I saw was just them trying to take my money

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Schwarzwald posted:

That's so weird. I cannot remember the last time I've seen a place that's sold caramel popcorn.

I spend my day making caramel popcorn ama

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Strontosaurus posted:

I'm going to have to assume it's teriyaki flavored.

Whoops! It's Orange Chicken flavored popcorn

:barf:

Where do you see it's orange chicken flavor? We have an orange cream popcorn and it's foul. I would just assume that was similar.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thundercracker posted:

I'm also one of those 2003 FMA lovers. It did some really interesting body horror with a very intimate third act. Brotherhood was much more mundane.

Brotherhood has better fight scenes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I wanted to see Kubo but the girlfriend and I just couldn't sync schedules to make it to the movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

Nah, Bay is probably Hollywood liberal, but also realizes fascism pays better. His most humanist film (The Island) was also his only commercial failure, and then he re-used clips from it in Transformers 3, his most right wing film, there's gotta be at least some self-awareness going on there.

Wasn't that because stuntmen got injured doing the stunt and rather than do another take he just reused old footage that was close enough?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

I'll admit it wasn't a good joke, but was it that hard to identify as a joke?

Goons

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

The Transformers movies don't have any good guys.

The good guys are whoever don't lose the gun fight. :911:

That's how it works right? If two people have guns only the one who dies was "bad"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Leavemywife posted:

Wait, what?

Yeah what?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Femur posted:

Johnny Depp spends 2m a month apparently

Standard coke fueled dumb shits, but wth is this?

A guy in my class back in high school worshipped Hunter and apparently that's what he wanted

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CelticPredator posted:

Hot Topic now goes with the nerd crowd so if you want anything nerdy, that is your place to get it. I was surprised to find a full line of Stranger Things merch already.

I just imagine they have Barb cosplay.

Why the internet latched onto her so strongly I don't really understand.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

2009 - "The Hurt Locker"
2003 - "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
2002 - "Chicago"
2001 - "A Beautiful Mind"
1996 - "The English Patient"
1995 - "Braveheart"
1994 - "Forrest Gump"

poo poo I just cut myself on this post

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I hope they reboot the popular and billion dollar making film series Resident Evil

Capcom Cinematic Universe.

Resident Evil
Dino Crisis
Monster Hunter
MegaMan

And then...

Marvel vs Capcom.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not really, the Twilight craze began and ended during the Obama presidency

The books all came out before Obama though

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FreudianSlippers posted:

The only jobs in America that still have decent unions are the entertainment industry and cops. The latter because they have guns and are quite literally the law so busting their unions is a bit tricky.

That's okay we don't want unions in this country. They're all awful organizations just out to pad their wallets by taking my money and giving me nothing back.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tars Tarkas posted:

A movie is coming direct to video that features Ice T as a vampire bootlegger in the 1920s, that alone sounds awesome and then they went and released this ridiculous poster!

Sold.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

got any sevens posted:

Why not just use subs? That's what I prefer, so I hear the real voice and the original actor's inflection during a scene.

I wish someone would greenlight a modern version of Emperor of the North.

For me it's because subs don't sound like anything beyond noise. But I only speak English and a smattering of very rusty Spanish so that's the reason

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd prefer it if they directed it too, their producing efforts haven't been all that great. Their The Ladykillers remake was decent, but I heard their remake of Gambit was horrible and got a really limited release.

A proper Scarface remake should take plenty of time to mock the kind of idiots who think Tony Montana is a good role model.

Hey man he came into the country with nothing and ended up super rich and full of blow, the American dream!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I want Bill and Ted 3 to come out in 2019 and be about Bill an Ted working in dead end 9-5s. Then a time traveler shows up to get them back on the path and they run for President and Vice President of the United States, and then and the premier Keanu and Alex announce they're going to run for office irl.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is Colossal the one that people were saying was a Godzilla ripoff or used Godzilla in some meeting as a reference and because of that was going to be hot garbage?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rirse posted:

Didn't Mystery Men give us Smash Mouth's All Star?

Which is significantly better than that goddamned Heathens song.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shageletic posted:

Jupitor Ascending is the only movie mentioned that merit a retrospective after a few years. It has the type of all out sincere type of detailed lunacy that the best type of beloved cult movies tend to have (from Robot Jox to I don't know, Near Dark or something). The other movies mentioned (Suicide Squad, Pan, etc) are crass commercial failures with nothing interesting to exhume.

Any reason given, other than just full blown jock rage?

They had information they weren't at the right level to know. So she just capped them. Government in action :911:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Babe Magnet posted:

matt's helmet in that movie fuckin owned

His gun was kickass too. I still have it in a box somewhere.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I was reading a book called The Fold which was about teleportation and the entire time I was thinking "This is just Timeline only with teleportation instead of time travel" and then it turned out that the tech was based on crazy Cthulhu math and was actually swapping people with alternate universe people and then of course Lovecraftian horrors from beyond came through

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

To be fair, Timeline is Timeline with teleportation instead of time travel.

Well yeah but instead of going backwards in time the experiments in Fold were to go from point A to point B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kong's Final Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44LdLqgOpjo

Also, these are a thing or merely a product of some overexcited fan?

https://twitter.com/kamacuras2525/status/836051878320324608

Kong looks clean and rad and powerful in all the right goofy giant monster ways.

• Locked thread