Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ten years ago or so, I was at a grocery store and they had cases of his energy drink. They were 4 for a buck. I was getting supplies for a weekend at a cabin, so I figured, hey this is perfect! I bought an absurd amount of them. As soon as they were chilled, I cracked one open. They were so loving vile. You have no idea how gross they were. Never tasted anything like that in my life. I hate him forever because of that. gently caress you Steven Segal.

Oh god thanks for the trigger warning you rear end in a top hat. I found those at Big Lots and how could I not buy them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Phylodox posted:

They're pet rocks and pogs and slap bracelets and those little plastic poppers everyone would use to give themselves hickeys and tamagotchis and Pokémon etc. etc. etc.

See that's the problem with "millennial" I was alive and had everything mentioned except a pet rock. They need to split that poo poo up because goddamn is it a huge range.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

They make specific ads for specific audiences all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvcIhL86IE

These are jokes right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsuTfMafjU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

K. Waste posted:

This looks surprisingly cool, and fresh

Man going by that comment I was hoping it was the MiB/Jump Street trailer. But still no word on that cool and fresh and good movie.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Timby posted:

Jonah Hill said last year the project was dead. Thank God.

That's the worst news I've gotten all day.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Casimir Radon posted:

They already spiritually did a floor is lava movie, it was called Tremors.

That's actually closer to floor is water with sharks. You have a chance to survive if you get off the ground quick enough. But if the floor is lava? You dead son.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Everytime LoGH comes up I want to watch it because it sounds very much my jam but it's so incredibly long I keep just not. I think it got licensed recently though so maybe it'll be streamable somewhere and I'll give it a go.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm sold.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I had an idea for a movie but I'm pretty sure it's just Beetlejuice.

A family moved into a house and the standard horror movie creepy poo poo starts to happen only they just stiff upper lip through it all with a level of steely resolve on par with Shaun of the Dead. And by the end the ghosts have either given up and now make themselves useful or the family just carried on through their day.

"Honey watch out for the blood in the doorway on your way to the bus. You know how much Miss Grumpydriver hates when you track blood inside."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ElectricSheep posted:

uh lol if they think school-aged girls aren't associated with aggression

Always seems like girls are more of a emotional abuse type than the beat up the fat kid with glasses type. But I'm a guy so I'm probably wrong.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

basic hitler posted:

I just straight up hate lord of the flies. Its the worst loving thing you will ever be compelled to read in school and I just don't get how anyone could like it.

It doesn't have anything valuable to say about the human condition, which is supposed to be the main draw? Its just hot steamy poo poo. The gender swap might dare to make it slightly more interesting, especially if it has more to say than the loving book.

But i am having flashbacks to reading that terrible book and now im angry. gently caress that book.

Counterpoint: Tess of the Durbervilles.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gangsta rap isn't a thing anymore? But I loved the ridiculous over the top lifestyles those guys lead with all the bling!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It's still hilarious that Robert Downey Jr played Kirk Lazarus on the commentary track of Tropic Thunder.

Until the credits rolled

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Here is a trailer for The VelociPastor, about a pastor who learns to become a velociraptor to fight ninjas. It is based on a short, and the trailer has people in their undies so don't watch it at work unless your job is down with that kind of thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yAjPUhIkdo

That's certainly a thing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Barudak posted:

Look we just did a musical version of Peter Pan, not the musical but unrelated pop songs to sing, where Hook forces the children to mine for what is basically magic cocaine. You dont get another one of these so soon.

It wasn't Hook who forced them to mine and it was just the one song (unless I'm forgetting something)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Christmas Story reminds me of the two years I wanted Criss Cross Crash for Christmas and then when I finally got it hated the drat thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

muscles like this! posted:

Well, that's what Moviepass is for.

I just signed the gf and I up for that the other day and can't wait to get our cards. We have three theaters within 15 minutes that take it so there's never a reason for us to be sitting around bored on a Sunday again. Even if there's nothing we want to see we can at least go and hate watch bad movies

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

got any sevens posted:

Even 30/month would be a decent deal, even if you could only see one movie a week it's buy 3 get one free. I never did it before because even at that price some theaters didnt take it.

Yeah even then it's still not bad just go see something on a Sunday and you'll end up ahead but I couldn't justify $60/no for that but 20? That's doable.

I didn't know people were using them to get gift cards that's lovely. Why can't you just accept your free daily movie?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

feedmyleg posted:

Event Horizon is pretty cool. It's just a bummer that it could have been really loving cool made by a better director and a decade earlier.

Apparently a shitload got left on the editing floor and I really want to know what we missed

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The MSJ posted:

"You watch Lore? The narrator's voice annoys even me."

I don't understand how that podcast got a TV show. It's just a guy reading Wikipedia

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Casimir Radon posted:

The guy's making $10k a month on Patreon, maybe more now, and doesn't do the bare minimum when it comes to due diligence. There was some bit about an asylum on there once, and he started talking about a "tall man" leading patients away who were never seen again. Turns out he read somebody's creepypasta, thought it was real, and didn't bother to put forward high school level effort to check his sources.

Do you have a link to that? Because I want to read on how a guy who has people helping his research hosed that up

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Casimir Radon posted:

I think it was episode 6 titled Echoes. I remember seeing somewhere him admitting that he got taken in by some pretty obvious bullshit but a quick search didn't turn it up. But it was something dumb like somebody uploading their creepypasta to the wiki page about a real asylum, and the Lore guy just stating it like it was fact without any sort of checking.

That was all it took to find it:

quote:

Danvers Hospital is tricky. The information about the 100 patients was something I found in two places: wikipedia and a Reddit post echoing a lot of the same details, but with extra things like numbers. Here’s where it gets weird though. I use the Evernote web clipper for a lot of my research, grabbing the full text of webpages for off-line / later reading and planning. The wikipedia article on the Danvers State Hospital had a paragraph about the missing teens, the woods, and the tall man. But when I go back to the website to look for it again, the paragraph is gone.

Weird, right? So that’s a dead end now, unfortunately.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/661148066

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got bored at work and started thinking about Hollywood sequels we don't need.

You remember in Addams Family Values how there was the little need kid that crushed on Wednesday? Let's get a sequel set 10-20 years in the future where he reconnects with her and they fall for each other and he tries to become part of the family.

You can have that one free Hollywood.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Samuel L Jackson plays Jesus. "I'm sick of all these mother fuckin' money lenders in my mother fuckin' temple!"

Samuel L is God

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

I sorta understand the idea of making a bigger and scarier dinosaur as a themepark attraction, but why on earth would you give something you expect people to spend large sums of money to see, the ability to turn invisible.

So they can sell special goggles to see it and maximize profits

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

What's surprising is that they haven't attempted to create a "Jurassic Universe", expanding the story into different genres. Like a "Jurassic Survivor" found footage horror movie featuring a surviving young I. Rex slowly taking out the participants of a game show, half of whom are convinced it's some sort of gimmick for the show.

I would watch a found footage dinosaur horror movie. Hell more dinosaur movies in general. There's one ff movie that I can think of and it isn't on streaming and I'm sure as hell not paying going to spend real money on it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think I'll wait til after it leaves theaters to see Coco :barf:

Just show up 20 minutes late. Coco is really really good.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Damo posted:

After the Battle Angel trailer I think it is time to retire the phrase "uncanny valley" because every single person on the internet must have said it multiple times today and it has lost all meaning.

It lost all meaning when people on the internet started using it to talk about anything that has a face but shouldn't

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

got any sevens posted:

I hope 50 shades is bonkers but from the trailer it looks like a boring love triangle with one car chase for excitement

In the book she gets kidnapped and there's a thriller plot of Christian trying to get her back. And I know she gets knocked up at some point and he gets super pissed at her because she's supposed to be on birth control but at the end everything gets solved and they get married and have two kids and live happily ever after

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

No Old Dan and Little Ann? Shameful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Alternatively:
A ska cover of the MASH theme.

Polka cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Just Entry of the Gladiators playing throughout the entire trailer.

It's not Weird Al but https://youtu.be/URz9H-t58Xk

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

got any sevens posted:

Jfc three horror trailers before Shape of Water. Its christmas you fuckers, not halloween

At least you can see Shape of Water. I have to drive an hour to see it and that's more effort than I'm willing to do.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TheCool69 posted:

Suprised that Nobody mentioned that the hit monster book from 1997!!! Is finally getting the long awaited movie adaptation.

Yes i talking about MEG!!
(https://www.empireonline.com/people/jason-statham/jason-statham-stars-exclusive-image-meg/)

And best of all the movie is starring JASON STATHAM!!!!

I hope he has to race the shark in a submarine.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Most of those pre-MoviePass I missed, 50 Shades Darker is amazing because like 5 minutes of plot happens the entire movie. Jumanji I'll probably get to this week. Only 4 of them got delayed past 2017 which seems like a record low number. The Wall reportedly had unfinished effects but to be fair it could have just had really bad effects.

50 Shades Darker was amazing because Christian gets in a goddamned helicopter crash and just stumbles back to civilization and his family goes "hey you're alive" and fucks off leaving him and Ana alone where she doesn't take him to a hospital

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm going to imagine it's like those pictures of Nigel Farrage getting into a plane crash

https://youtu.be/f5nClrbV1oE the crash

https://youtu.be/s9WO8S5-cM0 and the follow-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Also let me remind you guys that the next 50 shades movie doesn't have to be the last one. She's currently in the middle of a retelling of the series from the perspective of Christian

• Locked thread