Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Rough Lobster posted:

Hahaha goddamn, did VIN Diesel burn a bridge or something to deserve this kind of scornful treatment of his character? Keep in mind I saw the original xXx when it came out, and all I know about xXx2 is that it stars Ice Cub.

Couple pages back, but I could of swore at a couple of points it's been said that Vin Diesel is notoriously hard to work with and even got called out by The Rock during Fast and the Furious filming. It seems like he's usually pretty lovely behind closed doors and is more than willing to take his ball and go home when he gets called out on his poo poo.

Fake Edit: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rock-doesn-regret-calling-vin-diesel-fast-8-drama-article-1.2880267

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Electromax posted:

I thought it was basically revealed this was just primer for Vin Diesel going on Wrestlemania or something.

Man, I guess I've been had then. I could of swore that some of the Fast producers have been annoyed because he hosed off for a while so he could pitch that new Riddick movie.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

The MSJ posted:

I guess this is why Final Fantasy 15 is loaded with product placements despite not even taking place on Earth. The production of the game is so long the budget must have been enormous, so your characters can buy Nissin cup noodles from shops that accept American Express.

FF15 cup noodle was a lot worse than just the billboard. There's literally a food truck in game that you can buy cup noodle from and one of your party members has a quest that is a pretty shameless ad pitch to find *the perfect ingredient* to add into a hot steamy cup noodle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba1kg3tKbMg

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I was in a Cinematic appreciation class in 8th grade and our teacher had a love of Noir movies.

He showed us Chinatown.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Detective No. 27 posted:

He's about 15 right now.

Gotham is good. It had a rocky start, but once the show figures out what to do with Barbara, it all clicked together. It's very much a modern version of the '66 Batman show.

I can never watch Gotham because I can't forgive it for taking Donal Logue away from Terriers. According to what I found in interviews, they were actually in discussion with Netflix to do a second season of Terriers, but Donal had to bow out because he got the Gotham position.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Shageletic posted:

Well this movie sucks. Those three minutes are more than enough for me.

But that's how he comes across in FF7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRqxHOCvnpo

He does heinous poo poo, and he's not happy about it, but he feels a duty to his brother. Which is cool.

It may be blasphemy to say, but I actually think I like Statham a bit more when he's not trying to be Grizzled McActionGuy. Granted his performance in Crank and Crank 2 obviously made those films what they were, but one of my all time favorite Statham movies was actually Snatch, in which he wound up playing a more dopey, low key role.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Len posted:

Guarantee that's going to have to be pounded into everyone's head. New cycle of everything so that hopefully we get more Elba doing gunkata against lobsters and demons and super smart trains.

Hopefully a lot less (Book 2-3 spoilers)"Split personality legless lady distracting an invisible demon by having sex with it and getting pregnant in the process". Because man, I stopped reading after that point and just read spoilers for the rest of the series and was wholly unimpressed. When I got to the spoilers where the scooby gang has to go to Maine and rescue actual self-insert character Stephen King because he was the prophet of the story and his death meant the end of all things or some such was the point that I good and truly realized that Stephen King is kind of a hack.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Groovelord Neato posted:

unfortunately it fell into the king trap of here's a really loving terrible ending after you just spent 1000 pages reading my book.

God this. King could do a good job of ratcheting up the tension but he couldn't write an ending to get out of a wet paper bag. The book Desperation was a really good example of this where you had a game of cat and mouse between a scared bewildered group of survivors running away from a body snatching cosmic horror and in the end the survivors figure out that said entity's prime body is in a mine and one of the characters (I think the schlubby self insert author character, though my memory is hazy) up and decides to suicide bomb it. Surviving female lead and small child get in car and drive away. The End.

Honestly, I actually think his short stories work a lot better because the bigger novels he does always wind up collapsing under it's own weight in the end. Skeleton Crew had a lot of really good horror stories in it that don't wind up being really hamfisted by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My favourite weird Hollywood budget trivia is that Christopher Nolan grew 500 acres of corn for the opening scenes in Interstellar and after shooting he had the crops harvested and sold and actually made a profit on them.

Something something Hollywood cutting a profit from corn subsidies. :argh:

• Locked thread