Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tars Tarkas posted:

An unnecessary sequel I'm glad they made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uTbSudJ96o

I completely forgot about that piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still get a laugh out of how the internet horror monster is a tall, fit, well-dressed white guy.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 5, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got to watch "What the &%$! do we know", but to be fair to the teacher, she apparently had no idea what the hell it was. She turned it off after the part talking about how because native americans had never seen ships before, they were literally invisible to them and that's why they all got killed.

This was also the class where we had to give a speech about what we did over our summer vacation that I didn't write, so I talked about the video game Chromehounds for half an hour and somehow convinced one student I was a robot-piloting child soldier and the same grade where I convinced my ap history teacher to let me play Civilization IV for a semester and write a report on it (Egypt's armies got eaten by bears).

As it turns out rural schools are pretty garbage.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 11, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:shittypop:

that must have been interesting to explain

There were a bunch of JROTC posters hanging around at the time so I can sort of see her just zoning out but who knows about the robot part. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LesterGroans posted:

lovely blockbusters get nominated for technical awards all the time.

quote:

Critics' Choice Awards Best Actress in an Action Movie Gal Gadot Nominated [303]
Golden Raspberry Awards Worst Picture Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder Pending [304]
Worst Director Zack Snyder Pending
Worst Screenplay Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer Pending
Worst Actor Ben Affleck Pending
Henry Cavill Pending
Worst Supporting Actor Jesse Eisenberg Pending
Worst Screen Combo Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill Pending
Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Pending
People's Choice Awards Favorite Action Movie Nominated [305]
Teen Choice Awards Choice Movie: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Nominated [306]
Choice Movie Actor: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Henry Cavill Nominated
Ben Affleck Nominated
Choice Movie Actress: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Amy Adams Nominated
Choice Movie: Scene Stealer Gal Gadot Nominated
Choice Movie: Villain Jesse Eisenberg Nominated
Choice Movie: Liplock Henry Cavill and Amy Adams Nominated

:v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mierenneuker posted:

Clearly they are going to pick God-Emperor of Dune for its mass appeal.

I hope they include the dick joke.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want a movie where Batman uncovers more and more of a horrible plot that threatens to first kill or harm dozens of random people, to hundreds, then finally thousands in increasingly warped and psychotic ways as the movie goes on, but Batman can't seem to find exactly how or what this "Joker" is planning. Finally, at the climax and increasingly desperate, Batman comes face to face with the Joker in front of the world as the media copters shine a light down. Batman steps forward to attack the Joker, triggering a pressure plate in the street. A gigantic whoopie cushion lets out the world's greatest fart. No one was ever in any danger except the "gangsters" he paid to be in on it (sorry about your arm Bob Batman's pretty hosed up) the Joker just wanted to punk Batman really hard and then did. The End

e: The post-credits scene shows Clark Kent in the helicopter laughing and a flashback of Superman helping out the Joker with other parts of it because Christ, Batman's an rear end in a top hat.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 2, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hate that Heathens song.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DarkSol posted:

So you want a movie along these lines?

Edit: I hope you'd title your movie "Batman's Greatest Boner" too. :blush:

Well, obviously. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ammanas posted:

Yeah 300 is the perfect film to capture 2001-2007. Utter garbage poo poo you never want to think about again.

300 and 302 are good, actually.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ammanas posted:

I don't understand, every movie you listed is great. 1995 had some real stinkers, like Showgirls, Congo, Johnny Mnemonic, Jury Duty, Jade....

But you know what? At least they weren't sequels to comic book movies. Holy gently caress do movies suck now

I'm pretty sure Batman Forever was the sequel to a comic book movie actually.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BioEnchanted posted:

Honestly the best parts of Gotham are Bruce Wayne and Alfred: Hilights from the first 2 seasons (3 hasn't started airing here yet):

1)Bruce falls into small ravine on the way back from a place that was special to him and his father, breaking his ankle. He spends all night climbing out of it in intense pain, only to see Alfred sitting at a campfire at the top - "How long have you been there?" "About an hour, Master Bruce" "And you did nothing?" "Well I didn't put you in that bloody ravine now did I?"

2) His treatment of Silver StCloud - he finds out that her family knows who murdered the Waynes, then shortly after they both get kidnapped. The goon drags Bruce away and starts beating him, trying to get information, and when he returns to Silver he puts the pressure on to try to get the info out of her. Then, when he does, he turns towards the door, says "Is that all?", then Bruce comes calmly walknig into the room saying "Yes, I think I've heard all I needed to know". The entire thing was orchestrated by Bruce because he knew she was going to betray him, so he figures he'd find out what she knew in THE MOST PSYCHOTIC WAY POSSIBLE.

Then later, he professes to her (and he is being honest) that his feelings for her have died long ago and that really shits her up, because her father is how threatening her life if she doesn't manage to win him back over again to prove her usefulness. She confides in Bruce just before he is due to be used in a sacrifice by her crazy father, and at the last minute Bruce manages to make it look like she succeeded, leaving her with a goodbye kiss to fool her father into thinking she seduced him again so that she doesn't die as well. He also isn't scared throughout the situation, he describes himself as more "Excited" now that he's facing his own death.

3) He succeeds in meeting with Joe Chill, armed and willing to kill him for what he did, only to find him a sad, lost man who has nothing to live for and has been waiting for his entire career for someone to finally catch up to him and kill him. They actually have a surprisingly civil discussion, and Bruce realises that he's lost the will to kill him because he isn't to blame for being a criminal, the system has driven him into a corner, and petty revenge would not stop more people like Joe Chill form being created, so he leaves him in peace. Only he also leaves his gun behind. As he is leaving with Gordon, who has just caught up with him, he hears a gunshot from the apartment. Joe Chill has committed suicide.

This version of Bruce Wayne is completely insane and amazing and I am pretty much watching this show for him, Cobblepot and Nigma. :3:

I've never watched Gotham and always assumed Bruce was like 8 in this show. I'm going to guess he's not. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I know, that's just one of those things that always seems distasteful to me as "proof" you can "really act". It's so bizarre that it's a shortcut to acclaim, it's like whenever you read about Lionel Barrymore playing one HELL of an Uncle Tom or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-n_zk7e0ZU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Timby posted:

Batman Forever's soundtrack is peak '90s: Seal, Nick Cave, Method Man, U2, Iggy Pop, Flaming Lips, PJ Harvey, Brandy ... I mean, jeez.

Edit: I forgot that Nick Cave so completely hated the song he did for the soundtrack that he kept it off the Bad Seeds' B-Sides and Rarities three-disc set back in like 2006, which had literally every other soundtrack contribution they'd ever done to that point. :lol:

I just looked up the Nick Cave one and lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've only seen one clip of Speed Racer but it was one of the ugliest things I've seen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Drive Angry would be a lesser film without the scene of Nic Cage loving, drinking, smoking, and killing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My favorite thing about Burly Brawl is that the big fight between Smith and Neo in Revolutions is called Super Burly Brawl. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vanderdeath posted:

She was unironically the best thing about that movie, nudity notwithstanding. She took a role that could've been badly acted and absolutely owned it.

I still love that the secret weapon the Athenians brought to fight the Persian navy was a horse.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

wyoming posted:

Huh, looking at imdb he did Miss Peregrine's, figured it was just some Burton wannabe.

That came out? I don't know if I've heard a single person talk about it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The MSJ posted:

Modern IT should just forget about the clowns. Kid should look into the drain hole and there's an old white man in a suit saying "Kid, do you hate gays? What about Muslims? Why don't you join me in the sewers and we can get rid of all the gays and Muslims? I'll pay you."

It's terrific down here, very yuge. You'll love it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maxwell Lord posted:

So what are you doing to bring that about?

He can only post so much Zizek, he's not a mach

oh, right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Modern anime was effectively invented by Walt Disney

His greatest crime.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

parallelodad posted:

Yeah Family Matters rules. It's a family sitcom that suddenly took an insane sci-fi bent where a character invents robocops, time travel, transformation chambers, cloning machines​, shrink rays, embiggening rays, teleportation pads, and artificial gravity.

There's nothing like it.

There's an episode where they suffera home invasion and resolve this by going on the transformation change chamber with a lock of Bruce Lee's hair and then kick the poo poo out of the robbers.

I've never watched Family Matter so I have no idea if you're making any of this up. I hope you're not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wonder how much sense BvS's WHO'S MARTHA scene would make without the audio.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

parallelodad posted:

It probably works even better without the dialogue. Batman has him at his mercy, Superman desperately whispers something, Batman stumbles back shocked, looking at himself and flashing back to the murder of his parents.

Is there a flashback? I couldn't recall. That'd help it then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

D-Box making you nauseous? Feel free to vomit on the provided D-Bag.

:haw:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

parallelodad posted:

He Nose the truth

Finally, a movie unafraid to show full penetration.

quote:

This but the opposite, and I haven't even watched sucker punch

This, but both are blood.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd definitely go see a sequel to it, the first was a pretty fun movie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Phylodox posted:

Be kinda weird to see a 30-something dude doing chores and attending the seventh grade.

Mild-mannered Billy Madison

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CelticPredator posted:

I like to imagine he did that to pay off his incredible debt.

Like now he's part of the ride, forever.

part of the ship part of the crew

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

900 pages? How droll.

The very first thing that popped into my head when playing Alan Wake was that it was like a shittier Darkplace.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I remember hearing about the film and going "well I like Guy Ritchie so I'll probably see it" then five seconds later I've forgotten it exists and what was I talking about

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grendels Dad posted:

Tag yourselves, I'm Three-Legged Predator.

I'm the predator dissident that does not respect the old ways and is slain by an old guard predator who looks suspiciously like a notable US politician

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Iron Crowned posted:

Goddamn, I wonder if the coast guard is still getting calls to rescue the crew of the SS Minnow

Those poor people

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

Needs more elements of her Live, Die, Repeat character.

The Dick van Dyke analogue can call the precocious children MAGGOTS

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MonsieurChoc posted:

That works because Dracula literally translates to Son of the Dragon.

Does Alucard translate to dragon son then? :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tars Tarkas posted:

I guess there is a Duke Nukem/Borderlands cinematic universe coming from Gearbox Software?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SqEFk7qjs

Who anywhere wanted a Borderlands movie?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Homeworld Remastered came out pretty nice, the multiplayer balance patch trainwreck notwithstanding. Deserts of Kharak too even though multiplayer was DOA.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Something funny I noticed the other day: after the Brendan Fraser Mummy trilogy ended Universal kept trying to resuscitate the Universal Monsters franchise with movies like The Wolf Man, Dracula Untold and now The Mummy. But do you know what was the most successful (ie: least bomb-iest) recent Universal Monsters-themed movie apart from the Fraser Mummy films? The fun but oh-so-dumb Hugh Jackman/Kate Beckinsale Van Helsing movie. :v:

Universal were hoping to spin off a few sequels from Van Helsing but nixxed that idea as soon as the reviews came out. They also wanted to make a live action TV series (partly because the village set they built for the film was so good they wanted to get more use out of it) with a wild west sheriff migrating to Transylvania to sort out their troubles with Hugh Jackman making an occasional guest appearance but that also didn't happen. The best they could do was a half hour animated prequel and a tie-in comicbook. :sad:

I genuinely like that Hugh Jackman movie. It's basically live-action Castlevania but even dumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tars Tarkas posted:

The Tetris movie is just going to be Armageddon except instead of blowing up the asteroid they fly it into a row of asteroids in the correct position and they all disappear

In 2018

Ben Affleck

Won't Miss A Thing

• Locked thread