Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
It really bothered me that they make very clear that xXx is a new type of secret agent and then the soundtrack is all lovely James Bond-style music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I think the Stallone one is pretty well forgotten by this point, along with just about everything else Stallone did in the 90s.

Everyone who mentions Stallone's Dredd is talking about Demolition Man by mistake.

Also Cliffhanger rules you heathen.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Just popping in to say The Langoliers is my favorite TV Movie of all time and I've probably seen it at least 10 times.

Well, see you later

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Norton was also apparently a huge cockwad during Incredible Hulk and drove the Director crazy with his need for control of the film.

I thought Norton and the director mostly got along but they both fought with the studio a lot over final cut.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

BexGu posted:

Honestly without Paul Walker to balance out Vin Diesel anymore it's kind of time for old crew to move on and bring in the Hobbs/Shaw Fast and Furious.

I really liked that Vin Diesel arranged to have this big dramatic arc in Fate of the Furious and the only thing people talked about afterwards was the Rock/Statham prison brawl.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, we probably had more sway before he tried to do his own F&F with xXx and it bombed.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

F&F's director Rob Cohen and producer Neal H. Moritz also went along with him to make xXx and it made almost as much as The Fast and the Furious domestically (it was only $2 million behind it) and beat it pretty hard internationally. Also Vin managed to talk Universal into giving him $100 million to make a sequel to Pitch Black so they can't have been all that unhappy with him after xXx.

Sorry, I meant xXx: The Return of Xander Cage, but then I looked it up and while it didn't make anything here it made almost $400 million internationally so who the gently caress knows?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Hugh Laurie is pretty great in the last one. I'd be more interested to see who they got as the crooks this time than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Crouching Tiger winning best score over Gladiator has always bothered me, along with the various times Sam Rockwell hasn't even been nominated for best actor.

• Locked thread