Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

I think a Sly Cooper movie was planned for this year but that probably got shelved somewhere deep after the Ratchet & Clank movie.

A kid friendly, semi-serious, animated or CGI heist movie seems like a pretty easy layup conceptually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

basic hitler posted:

Suicide Squad lost me around the third slow motion montage set to a classic rock song. Enchantress almost teases a neat character/villain and instead becomes something real stupid. The joker was the worst version of the joker to make it to film or tv. I was only kind of amused by harley quinn and will smith and that's not enough to carry my attention through the bad movie.

It feels like there was a massive rewrite after a lot of shooting was completed. Not only the reshooting for comedic intent. It feels like originally the whole suicide squad idea was to bait the Joker out. Otherwise Harley Quinn's entire purpose is cheesecake with a baseball bat.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Improbable Lobster's stupidity aside I want a new version of Jurassic Park with the T-Rex replaced by this thing. It might even be more terrifying.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Lobok posted:

You could probably raise the money real quick through crowdfunding but the donors would claim false advertising once they see what you meant by Jurassic Park: Furry Edition.

:rimshot:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently 25 minutes of the new transformers movie was screened and it revealed who the The Last Knight is it's Marky Mark, apparently back in King Arthur times there were 12 transformers that fought alongside the 12 knights of the round table to defend the peace between humans and transformers. Wahlburg is the new chosen one to reform King Arthur's court and sue for peace.

I want this to be true because it's too insane not to be.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Stallone has announced that he's dropping out of the next Expendables movie. Apparently even he realizes that they suck.

Im amazed their isn't a contract stipulation that they have to die in a movie to drop out.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Powaqoatse posted:

Now we're talking! Start out slow, make it possible to do more seasons, à la House of Cards.

Framework is always the same: Marion "Cobra" Cobretti (holy poo poo I remembered his name without checking) is unemployed, eating pizzas with scissors on his weird beachfront property. Angry black police chief needs the case solved stat & they gotta bring him back in. Sunglasses, toothing a matchstick/toothpick, that big old Harley. Cobra fixes it up, with the help of this season's guest starring actor (thinking someone like Gregory Elliniovitch for the first season), then retires. For good. Until the next season.

Also all the criminals use Tek-9s, no exceptions.

This is the weirdest GI Joe fanfic I've read in the last 23 minutes.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
It's difficult to discuss white washing because each individual example can be explained or justified. The issue is when looked at as a whole you can see that there is a glut of roles that could have been played by an actor of non-european decent but mysteriously they aren't.

I like ScarJo. I think she did very well in Lucy, which feels like it shares parallels with GitS. I understand simultaneously that taking a Japanese franchise and casting a white actor is a problematic trend.

These two angles exist in parallel. It is difficult for a movement that is mostly communicated in blogs to separate individual examples from a greater trend. This is exacerbated because each blog that does comment on it tries to me more outraged than the last for sweet sweet page count.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I really don't know why people poo poo on the Snyder movies. You'll never see anything like that at all in a Marvel flick.

I swing the other way but a lot of my man seeking friends got really light headed at the helicopter grappling scene in civil war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Industry question.

When a movie is released as part of a box set, how do box set sales contribute to its lifetime earnings record? Do they value it as 1/xth of the sale price or do they do some Hollywood chicanery and count the full sale price towards the earnings of all of the included movies?

• Locked thread