Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Look at Star Wars TFA's overexposure of Kylo Ren and underexposure of Rey for example.

Is that sexism, or is it just more promoting the Edgelord of the Sith because kewl dudes sell? I recall a lot of Darth Maul promotion, and he's way less prominent in his film than Kylo in his.

I didn't really see the ad campaign for Force Awakens, so I can't really say how it played out, however. Is there an analysis somewhere about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Cythereal posted:

Probably doesn't help that Kylo is a whiny little bitch who completely fails to be intimidating or edgy or compelling except in a "Jesus Christ THAT'S what the dark side has to work with these days?!" sense.

Quite literally why I like him. He's just so pathetic, it's great. They couldn't out-badass Vader, so they didn't even try.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The word blood no longer makes sense after reading that post.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Cartoon Robocop: "...alive, you're coming with me."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Man Jeffrey Jones turning out to be a predator is so sad and horrible because he was one of my favorite character actors. :smith:

Makes his role in Ferris Bueller a little hosed up in retrospect. Why's he so obsessed with that young boy?!

O-oh...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I wish they'd have made Face a woman. I want Dirk Benedict to suffer.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

The sequel, OTOH, you can ignore.

Gettysburg II: the Ghost Dimension?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Connor and Duncan are the only Highlanders in those films, by the way. They're properly called Immortals :colbert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Do all immortals fight with a blade or can you do more varied things with them? It's 2016 I want to see some diversity

An Immortal fights with their heart, not their sword.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

My body is a temple. You can't fight me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

well why not posted:

I just saw The Great Wall, AMA

Did you see the whole thing? How long would you say it is?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

When sailors would be lost at sea, they looked for familiar shapes in the night sky.

[hello.jpeg]

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Except for the part at the end of the book where he forgets and they go and visit the grave of the guy who stays back in the past.

Yeah, because there was an Andre Marek from another dimension who came to ours 600 years ago, who was identical to ours.

There's a part in Timeline which I always thought was hilariously stupid, which is when the CEO reveals they only know how to transmit people, they have no idea how people actually arrive on the other side; they are, in fact, counting on the other dimensions having figured that out for them, thus everyone in the story is dead right from the start :allears:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Len posted:

"This is just Timeline only with teleportation instead of time travel"

To be fair, Timeline is Timeline with teleportation instead of time travel.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, transcription errors were why that one guy became a psychotic rear end in a top hat and stayed behind earlier. His brain got hosed up by the system being imperfect.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

davidspackage posted:

I kept thinking referring to the Wachowskis as 'sisters' was an immature dig at only one of them being trans, not realizing that the other one has come out as trans too. :doh:

I just keep on with "the Wachowskis" since there's not exactly many other notables with that surname, you know?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

So is Christoph Waltz playing another doctor who turns someone into a bounty hunter? Because that is weirdly specific typecasting.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Pretty sure Black Adam is still a muscular, powerful grown man when non-shazammed, assuming he even bothers dismissing the power. He strikes me as the type who just stays powered at all times.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The only person I know who would be totally amped for a new Johnny English is this weirdo Hindu guy in my class who also thinks videos of Sikhs are inherently hilarious.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rirse posted:

Shame the chimmery man isn't Tom Cruise and it turns out Mary Poppin is another life they live in "Live, Dead, Repeat, Repeat".

He dies so horribly, they jump back to 1890?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

No, he's playing soldier of fortune Buff McHardcase, his character from the upcoming Mummy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I quite enjoyed Stolen Identity III, if we're talking MadTV skits. Sasso really was the best part of that show.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The Young Roland Deschain Chronicles, starring Sean Patrick Flannery

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Starring Joe Pesci as Rattrap?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I hope he plays John Cena and teaches Bumblebee how to wrestle.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Tarkin did nothing wrong.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

She's a princess of Alderaan and a galactic senator.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Who are the Space-Japanese?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I thought he was space-Shylock?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Why white Stormtroopers, though? Where was the outrage over him not being Maori?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

ignore that the stormtroopers were ever jango fett clones.

Ok.

They're using a jazz jizz guitarist named Django Reinhardt to create a clone army!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

No, the plot will simply hinge upon Moneypenny being raped, like Felix's murder in License to Kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

They're all trash!

Yes, Mr. Sherman, everything stinks.

• Locked thread