Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I wonder if the Ganges counts as holy ground, or most of the Himalayas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Or just start swimming. Sure you'd drown at least a couple dozen times but eventually you'd wash up somewhere closer to civilization and come back to life. You'd just have to hope a shark doesn't eat your head while you're being whisked around the oceans for months by the currents.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I thought Ebony and Ivory were living in perfect harmony.

McCartney you have lied to me for the last time!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Are you telling me that Americans do not instantly recognize this dude:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hey, sometimes a dick-bug rapemonster is just a dick-bug rapemonster.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm like 99% sure test audiences aren't actual people but obtuse trash golems created with dark magic for the sole purpose of being wrong.

So I think I'll give this a chance.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I forgot about that one.

Maybe I´m just being prejudiced against test audiences and should learn to accept them as much as I do regular old clay golems.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Suck what down, John?

his strong and virile blurtjuice.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't see why a monster movie requires an entire room of writers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If have it on good authority that there are only three real monsters: Dracula, Blacula, and Son of Kong.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alhazred posted:

There's actually only one real monster.

Disappointed that doesn't link to a picture of Jimmy Carter.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That Killing Joke recolor downgrades the vibe from "hellish fever dream" to "a bit spooky".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mulan killed hundreds of nomad dudes, possibly even a few thousand, most other princesses only have a body count of one if at all.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Wanna make a slow paced prestige Oscar Bait drama about a dysfunctional family of LBGT+ veterans of WW1 battling cancer and racism that is specifically planned from pre-production to make the most of the DBOX technology. Like the seat really goes haywrire during the most emotional scenes.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've never tried it but from what I´ve read it sounds basically perfect for a jump scare heavy horror film.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The main problem with the Expendables is that none of them really die so you never get the feeling they actually are expendable. Like if every film killed off at least three core team members in the most brutal ways possible than it would work a lot better.

I don't think they've actually killed anyone off except for that new guy who was really obviously going to die from the moment he talked about his girlfriend.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sin City 2 feels and looks like a no-budget fan film made by complete amateurs.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Reading subs takes no effort and doesn't distract from the rest of the scene once you're used it. If you watch enough movies with subs it becomes pretty much subconcious. I'm fairly certain like 90% of the films I watch have subs but most of the time I can't remember which because I'm so used subs that I don't even notice that I'm reading them unless they're really badly done.

Also Japan wasn't a colony, it was a colonizer and a very brutal one at that rivaling even Belgium and Spain. So I'm not quite sure if ripping the fight scenes from a Japanese kid's show and filming some new scenes with American actors is any more imperialist than making a Tintin film in English.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Snyder is really good at cool visuals but almost all his movies could do with being about 40 minutes shorter.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ghostwritingduck posted:

I'm pretty sure a film like Doubt does though. By this logic, action and horror films are better than most dramas.

They are.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The next book will be out by 2037,just in time to cash in on Game of Thrones nostalgia.
The final book in the series will be done when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 5, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There are one or two very indirrect refrences to IT. Not much more than that.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sgt. Slaughter's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Culminating jn a film that is basically Magnificent 7 except with more buttfucking.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

marshmallow creep posted:

Wasn't there a superman movie that made its budget in merchandising before the movie even premiered?

Quite a lot of big franchise films make most of their money from merchandise and product placements or at very least enough to cover the cost of the herculean undertaking that is making a blockbuster film.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I just found out it's pronounced "Dark Side" I thought it was "Dark Seed" or even "Dark Sayyid".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The only person I know who would be totally amped for a new Johnny English is this weirdo Hindu guy in my class who also thinks videos of Sikhs are inherently hilarious.

That guy is going to set fire to the Golden Temple while cackling maniacally and screaming "SIKH BURN!" at the top of his lungs.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Grendels Dad posted:

Dick van Dyke is still alive?!

Dick is eternal.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Satantango and Shoah must have raked in mountains of cash.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

More like World WAr ZZzzzzzZZZzzzzz

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

wdarkk posted:

Most of those seem pretty reasonable to me.
El Santo the scholar

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Desperado Bones posted:

Holy poo poo this is amazing :stare:

I'll take this moment to share some random luchador goodness. FYI, this was scary when I was like 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1bSZksnupI

This has to have been the inspiration for Werewolf Gimmick by the Mountain Goats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwcSIBdOik

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gomez and Morticia's relationship is the healthiest of any TV couple.

well why not posted:

this is what the Universal Monsters franchise should be drawing from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_nxsqd-Tk

or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGhZegXEj3U

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 29, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah, They're really happy and affectionate people that just happen to be ghoulish murderers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Grendels Dad posted:

'The Hornado' is what my girlfirend calls me, why would I fight tsunambees?

Named for your mother I assume.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Rosario is part Cuban and Cuba is 62% black according to the University of Miami and 40% black or mixed according to Cuba.

ruddiger posted:

You mean you couldn't comprehend the part where I said nationality still counts for something? Is that what you're literally saying?

Lupita's African Mexican. Not black. Get over it.

Mexican is not a race but a nationality. There are black Mexicans.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ruddiger posted:

Lupita goes out of her way in interviews to remind people that she is in fact Mexican. Stop pigeon holing minorities with blanket terms idiots.

Mexican is not a skin color. Most Mexicans are white, a significant minority are mixed (mostly of mixed European and Native blood), and a small minority are black.

I mean yeah race is a social construct but you're just being silly.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Seems more like most Americans see Mexicans as being their own separate race. Probably for the same reasons the Irish were seen as being non-white back then they made up the bulk of new immigrants.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope the new Nosferatu is a massive hit so we can get a Nosfertu 2 or alternatively Nosfera2.

e:
2 Nos 2 Feratu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Uhh

I don't really have any skin in this game because I'm not latinx and have never been to Mexico, but my gf is from Zacatecas and read this post over my shoulder and just about lost her poo poo because in her experience "a significant minority" are white, the vast majority are mestizo and she maybe sees one or two black people every time she goes home

You might be a little full of poo poo here is what I'm saying

Yeah I am full of poo poo. Sorry.

The data I found seemed to claim most Meztitos as white and only the 100% native as being native at all.

In a few decades when the Mexicans in the US have fully integrated they'll be as white as the Irish or the Italians. Then the scary non-white immigrants will be Saami or something.

• Locked thread