Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Len posted:

It lost all meaning when people on the internet started using it to talk about anything that has a face but shouldn't

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Where is Uncle Machete?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Didn’t Alien Covenant fail at the box office? Even Alien might not be hot anymore, to the point that the next possible one will be mostly about David and AI.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I watched Beyond Skyline and can definitely say the ending is what the ending to Breaking Dawn Part 2 should have been.

I also expected some silat vs alien action and it delivers in the final act.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

RPO cannot hold a candle to Tails Gets Trolled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx21OXxU0cU

Speaking of which, shotcontext:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX0eFDDDFnw

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I am going to wear a bomb vest, and press the trigger when all the Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters arrive to assimilate me.

On another note, I’m sure New Jumanji is going to end up with a better RT score than the original movie and this is amusing to me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In all fairness, Jumanji was disguising itself as a retro game. Just like the original movie had it becoming an old board game.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

And two of those have her dying from either cancer or poison as well.

Any of them can be reworked into a Tomb Raider script?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3JUrhh9VC8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well other Steve's brunette bombshell doesn't come back (in romanceable form)

Eff that. Aunt May almost married Mole Man twice in the newspaper comics.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

She has Alzheimer's and died

She was still alive in The Winter Soldier. I think there was even a deleted scene (or one planned) where she and Steve danced.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

If you haven't heard of it already, Democrats wants Disney's purchase of Fox assets to be investigated.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 17, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently Jumanji opened better than The Last Jedi in my country.

The again apparently Transformers 5 outgrossed The Force Awakens and Rogue One here, and it’s still the top movie this year.

got any sevens posted:

I hope that playa during the credits

Unfortunately no, according to Jack Black.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now more than ever, Robin Hood should have a Muslim sidekick again.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

The Condorito movie already was released in Latin America iirc but will be here soon, it features a bird man and his nephew rescuing a potential mother-in-law from space aliens to try to impress her enough that he can marry her daughter. You know, a typical movie plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE2eGfHI47c

This movie is a certified ¡PLOP!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

Yes but he has not made that decision with Avatar money backed up to his house with a "Do whatever the gently caress you want-get out of jail free card" indecent proposal yet. If they get Picard and McKellan to cave and along with the rest of the MCU cast to talk to him, Hugh will say sure why not gently caress it.

I'm sure it'll go like

RDJ: "Dude, come on bro, work with us."
Chris: "Please, I'm sick of all this poo poo and them calling me to talk to you and giving me all this money. I don't even like Captain America."
Chris 2: "Dude, we'll do our roles drunk."
Chris 3: "Which one am I? I forget."
Stewart: "Hugh I know what I said...but I was full of poo poo. Have you seen what this money can buy? Help me out, I'm an old man."

When fans and Marvel talk about the X-Men joining the MCU, they're not really talking about any of the actors but just the characters themselves. Marvel probably save a lot by just casting whoever they want and people will still flock to the theaters to watch it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Revenant writer Mark L Smith is writing the next Star Trek movie based on Tarantino's story.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-mark-l-smith-jj-abrams-the-revenant-paramount-pictures-1202231379/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of which, Spielberg actually made The Post in 7 months while he was also directing Ready Player One.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ookiimarukochan posted:

If it wasn't for the fact that I'd already seen a 2017 Jackie Chan film where he carries out Guerilla Warfare on not-the-IRA (who are given a really weird name in political terms) including taking down Pierce Brosnan doing a great not-Gerry-Adams I'd be more excited for this.

It's a great movie that really emphasizes that Chan is both old and also a badass. I mean the badass part is a given, but I think this is the first Jackie Chan movie I see where it admits that he's an old dude.

I also saw Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle this weekend. This is actually pretty entertaining.
- The story is pretty average, but the cast really sells it. The Rock is kinda believable as an introverted nerd, while Kevin Hart is playing a typical Kevin Hart character. Karen Gillen, however, is pretty good playing someone socially awkward and Jack Black is maybe way too believable as a popular teen girl. There's a scene with both Gillen and Black that emphasizes their contrasting personalities. Nick Jonas is just kinda there, but he's serviceable.
- There villain is also not really given much attention, but I like that they give the name of the British hunter from the first movie to a power hungry American guy who wants to assert control over Jumanji.
- When the two female characters from different backgrounds talk to each other, they immediately get along and come to an understanding, and later one of them even let the other borrow her outfit. When the two guys who used to be friends talk to each other to work out their isses, one of them tries to 'kill' the other one.
-The movie has a maybe unintentional callback to David Cronenberg's eXistenz. The non-'real' characters in the game all give canned responses that were 'programmed' into them and they will repeat the same lines until you say something that will make the story progress. There several times in the movie where the characters fail to do something because they are thinking in real world logic instead of video game logic. They even used this to subvert a 'hot female character seduces bad guys to distract them' scene.
-One disappointment I have: early in the movie, there is a flashback to the game's backstory and one of the characters ask how can they be seeing this to which another character explain that it's a cutscene. The movie later switches to the villain's perspective a couple of times but there's no indication that the main characters can see them too.
-Like GOTG2, this is another PG13 movie that has prominent penis jokes. And I mean jokes about actual penises instead of just vague references using phallic shapes. Safe to say, the crowd I watch with loves them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Was San Andreas even all that popular? I remember the trailers but I never went to see it.

It grossed 473 million worldwide. I think there's a sequel planned too, and the director also made Rampage with The Rock.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

More like Alexandria Daddario and "earthquake" but the Rock helped.

Pretty cool that she plays his daughter instead of girlfriend like every other movie would do.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now I hope it gets nominated in that category for the Oscars (it's in the shortlist). And maybe win, like Suicide Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Jumanji opening against a star War movie and turning out not to be terrible is one of the big twists in 2017. Baywatch being near unwatchable is similarly twisty

In Malaysia, it has over triple the gross of The Last Jedi. The cinema companies keep promoting this on social media. It actually beat Transformers 5 into second place.

• Locked thread