Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
In Robocop vs Terminator vs Aliens vs Predator - Robocop would win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

He's the only good guy,so yeah, obviously.

Yeah he'd be the main protagonist. He'd wake up in the future, Xenomorphs and Terminators are at war, he would fight to survive until he takes over a Terminator factory, upgrade himself, help the resistance defeat Skynet then take over and pump out RoboTerminators all the while a couple Predators try to hunt and side with Robo to take out the Queen. Then when they die, Robo takes a bunch of Terminators and Human Resistance fighters to Xenomorph home worlds from Prometheus and poo poo gets meta real.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Terminator Genisys was mostly good but they miscast Jai Courtney and the whole thing took a hit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Part of what made T1and T2 so great is James and his team put so much thought and planning and details into the story and production catching little things. The movies since don't measure up.

Genysis at least had the story writers explore the time travel thing and present interesting ideas so that's one place most effort went to. Also besides Arnold being Arnold I think the movie is as good as it is because Jason Clarke carried it. His John Terminator was great and would have been a great twist if not spoiled.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ang Lee is a good director and his Hulk was, maybe still is, top tier superhero movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am so excited about John Wick 2. I hope he ends up in the future with Mad Dog and Jack Reacher helping Judge Dredd out while The Accountant is always on the scene adding up the cost of damage totals.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Keanu is very athletic and skilled. It's kind of refreshing to see a normal human physique amongst roided up actors pull off stunts.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I really like Arnold going for non action roles now. I really liked Maggie and hope Arnold continues to choose non gimundous action starrers.
It's good when actors play against type. Like how awesome it is to have Liam Neeson be a badass action grandpa after being pegged to dramatic roles when younger.

I would also like Mads to do comedy. Maybe a rom com. "This summer, can geeky nerd supreme Mads win over the high school crush of his dreams by challenging her jock boyfriend Chanimg Tatum to a rap battle now that they are middle aged"

Mads
Channing Tatum
Ariana Grande
Dame Judi Dench
Dame Helen Mirren
Ian McKellan
Patrick Stewart
Neil Patrick Harris
Ice Cube
And Michael Shannon as MC Chill

Gatts fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 11, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Awesome I should check them out then. Thanks.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Here is hoping Grillo is a cop that gets killed 3/4ths the way through and Iko was the real hero all along.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LesterGroans posted:

Actually, if it were a straight adaptation Grillo would be perfect for the Sergeant Jaka role, which is close to this.

That's what I was trying to get at yeah.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I still think of him as Ted.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Unless humans capture Kong to take out Godzilla I'd figure it'd deal with a territorial Kong defending his island when Godzilla comes in to take out a great threat out and then we'd get the classic misunderstanding to team up against greater threat climax.

We could throw in a remember who you are somewhere when a hot lead actress reminds Kong to get up and help Godzilla fight.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Here's hoping for a comedy bit where someone accidentally throws a growth serum on Kong.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Tars Tarkas posted:

We all know how this is going to turn out:

Beyond my wildest imagination

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Eh. I guess.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Blade was one of the most important or crucial movies in Hollywood imo for what came after it inspired from 1999 onward

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

raditts posted:

Snipes's social commentary of the ice-skating habits of motherfuckers was the most profound and culturally influential since his strategies on playing roulette.

He doesn't blush you know

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm sorry but is someone implying an intense lesbian sex scene between two beautiful women shouldn't exist in an action movie to satiate my patriarchal male bloodlust? What inhuman monster would suggest such a thing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sex scenes in a movie can be awesome. Hot Shots!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let's not forget Lethal Weapon 2

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Classic

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I really do want to see a well done Hollywood JoJos though. Maybe it'd kick off a wave of live action anime after the superhero fad is worn out

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You sure we don't want Gore Verbinski? Didn't he build a literal underwater set for Bioshock before scrap?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

Battleship was a good flick.

Yeah it was

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am sad

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Snowman_McK posted:

Maybe Cruise has realised that his height is one of his selling points. It makes him distinctive. After all, perfectly good looking blokes rarely get the lead. Or, if they do, they don't last as leads. The lasting ones always have something that mars them.

Cruise is good looking but the thing that separates him is his ability to sell his performance and ooze conviction. That's what separates him, the conviction in his eyes and action. He's 150% into what he's doing and committed, does his stunts himself when he can, and it helps convince the viewer he's legit in what he's doing.

Plus now he's better because he's willing to take the piss out of himself a bit by goofing up in his action scenes or being silly. Like in MI5 and Edge of Tomorrow.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I was looking forward to King Aurthur and I like Guy Ritchie

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

parallelodad posted:

MI:6 should have been a Bond crossover.

Clearly that should be MI:007 eh?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Well...eh...okay...maybe...I dunno. Hellboy 1 and 2 were great.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
And the most hilarious thing is he's got a Scottish accent like an older man so I doubt he's gonna take Primes place

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

i haven't watched most of the transformers movies, why did they make optimus prime a bad guy in them?

Because people complained Prime wasn't a badass and got his rear end handed to him easily by Megatron in the first. Like the first was more of a traditional heroic autobots narrative then it's like Bay went "Okay I'm going to give you what you want." and mocked everything.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Hunnam, better than Worthington, Alexander Skarsgard and Jai Courtney but they're all sorta bland except Charlie's getting there and some traction going.

I also liked King Arthur and am sad it didn't do well but kind of happy it's not a franchise. Guy will probably make one more Sherlock Holmes to appease Hollywood and ask for a favor from Downey so hopefully he will be fine.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

I personally liled Hunnam in Pacific Rim. Del Toro wanted a guy who came across as a damaged but earnest and all around good sort of guy and I think it worked out.

He was in Sabotage and tries his hand at playing some over the top beardy tattooed soldier type guy. The whole thing was awful so his contribution barely registered.

The Guy Ritchie take on King Arthur probably could have worked out but they buried under far too much fantasy bullshit. The first 10 minutes were absolutely a rip off of the Battle of Pelennor Fields from The Return of the King complete with monstrous towering elephants. I think a demythogized telling of the story would have worked better but audiences might have liked that even less. Last I checked people weren't very happy with Dwayne Johnson's Hercules.

Dude, Hercules had horrible production polish and values. "gently caress Centaurs." and so much poo poo outside of Ian McShane.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I really liked it but I felt it was a bit more generic than Guy usually has his influence in. More conventional than his early stuff which is always awesome. Snatch, RocknRolla, etc.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Alicia Vikander is really good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I seriously want a high octane Predators vs Aliens movie based on the arcade game...but with extras.

The Rock, Jason Statham, the Raid dudes, Keanu, Optimus Prime, Robocop, and a female Terminator with a permanent scowl who is a Judge vs Xenomorphs. From Earth to the Stars then Hell. Xenomorphs infesting demons.

Jason Statham Fast and Furiousing an armored Optimus Prime through Xenomorph infested Hell while the Raid dudes are kung fuing any Xeno that tries to get in, Keanu, Robocop, Terminator and Predator being turrents shooting Xenos on the way climaxing in the Rock exploding from the carrier to Rock Bottom an Alien Demon Queen.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 16, 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Proposal: Aliens X Gremlins

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
There were fake rumors of a Brokeback Mountain sequel starring Emma Watson and Margo Robie. My question is why is this not happening anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You all joke, but seemingly the leak also had the movie doing away with the idea of Predators hunting for sport, apparently they've been using the dna of their kills to genetically enhance themselves and to create a new species of super pred.

And hey, Arnold read the script and didn't like it

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/arnold-schwarzenegger-talks-new-movie-aftermath-plus-predator-twins-conan-updates-195430705.html

I trust Shane Black so it's okay but Arnie is a smart dude for movies so it's kinda not optimistic.

• Locked thread