Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I hope GitS does well so they adapt Dominion Tank Police next, I want to see Giant Penis Tank Mines on a big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also that intro scene where an obvious James Bond stand-in goes into some kind of rave club and gets himself killed

They really were trying to make Xander Cage the 21st century James Bond and it was embarrassing

Rammstein played at that club. The movie needed more of that. In fact, Rammstein should have followed Xander cage around all movie long, blasting sick firework whenever he does a thing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tars Tarkas posted:

I hope that universe is extreme enough that Poochie is in it

You mean Pouchie.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

The Liefeldverse

Bloodstrike
Bloodwulf
Deathblood
Bloodstrike 2: This Blood's For You!
Youngbloods
Bloodwulf: Blood is Thicker Than Water
The Bloodvengers: Blood In, Blood Out!!
Bloodstrikeł: Blood Strike

I'm loving hyped

Rob Liefeld's favorite actress: Moon Bloodgood.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The Hanging Tree in Excalibur was equal parts :black101: and :gonk: for child me. Also, the Mouse King from some The Nutcracker adaptation I somehow got to watch in a theater, gently caress that guy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

Shoulda called the eighth one "The Fate of the Ocean's" like all the best movies are doing these days.

Rise of the Ocean's, duh.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Renoistic posted:

I'm so, so, so happy I got out of my career in education. Teachers are heroes in my book (yes even most of the lovely ones).

I am a teacher, feeling pretty good about that right now. I started subbing English in 9th grade yesterday, the subject is Australia. I so badly want to show them Fury Road but some of them aren't old enough.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

syscall girl posted:

Clint Eastwood stars in: What if I Have Human Compassion and it Exceeds My Racism Levels and the Outcome is Good

Clint Eastwood in: The Wrestler, But With Racism Instead of Wrestling.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Outside of the obvious nostalgia, what keeps interesting me about the Power Rangers movie is that they seem to want to convey that having powers like they do is loving awesome. You're suddenly and majorly jacked, you've got a robot dinosaur, and techno/magical armor.

Also, you suddenly have five friends where before you had none.

It would be kind of funny if the kids discovered that, even with their shared destiny and awesome powers, they don't really like each other all that much.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I'm probably never going to watch Suicide Squad because the No Rope Jokes thing is some serious bullshit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

precision posted:

Something like 90% of people vote the opposite of what their parents did though.

poo poo, why not say 99%?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

precision posted:

I'll admit it wasn't a good joke, but was it that hard to identify as a joke?

Your name tricked me!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

The average person didn't know Iron Man either.

"Who the gently caress is Blade?" - everyone, before the movie came out

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

dont even fink about it posted:

This was much to the chagrin of Marvel, by the way, who demanded stronger Marvel branding on future films.

Thanks, Blade.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Just for the record Ramirez was canonically born in 896 B.C. in Egypt. This is super important because...

He also taught Connor the secret super-power of feeling the heartbeat of a moose, which allowed him to run pretty fast along a beach for one scene. I do love how that "power" never comes up, ever, again.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

It definitely does, it's part of the prize that you become a telepathic empath.

Yeah like I said, it never comes up again :v:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Cross the streams and make the Highlander reboot a Soulcalibur adaptation. Sword Hula Hoops!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I think there is already a lot of :goonsay: about how Connor's sword was made well before swords like that were made, but what I want to know is: When and how did Kurgan get his sword? I'm assuming he's a fair bit older than Connor, and I imagine the place he comes from doesn't exactly have the most refined weapons manufacturers. Kurgan probably decapitated his first dude with a stone ax.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Many people worship earth, no fighting on earth.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Rirse posted:

Will John Wick be the time traveler who greets them?

Him and Neo, and also that one vampire punk from Lost Boys.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I could get behind a Bill & Ted franchise where they are tasked to save something and apparently succeed at it, only for it to be revealed in the sequel that they totally blew it by slacking so this time they have to save an even bigger something.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Bad Guy: "loving enough already with the splits, you do that in every movie!"

*electrocutes self*

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If they ever decide to make Bond movies fun again Gerard Butler could be an interesting choice.

A Scottish guy playing Bond, yeah right.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I thought overall the 80s stuff was the weakest use of a historical setting compared to how First Class and Days of Future Past used their time period.

That might be because the 80s were lame as heck.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Sounds like Bruce Wayne will end up as a lumberjack.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lemon posted:

I was also fifteen when it came out and whilst I didn't care for the movie too much one way or the other, I thought this was loving awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBRtOpwaehM

Yes.

hiddenmovement posted:

12 yo me had a massive crush on Lacey Chabert and that was the only reason I liked it

Yes, but also Gary Oldman.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I have only seen the first RE movie, has Alice gone to space yet?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

She's channeling Michael Caine quite successfully.

God, I hope they are neighbours.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Shoulda made a slow version of It's No Good the song for the trailer.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Nope, apparently he's about 32m tall and Godzilla 2014 was 108m tall, so he's less than a third as tall.

I hope a wizard makes King Kong taller for their fight. Otherwise Godzilla will look like an rear end in a top hat for kicking around that poor little chimpanzee.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

Hopefully when they meet up either Godzilla or Kong delivers that classic supervillain proposition of joining forces to rule the world. "Together, we'd be unstoppable!"

Godzilla: "We are not so different, you and I!"
Kong: "Um"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Timby posted:

Batman Forever's soundtrack is peak '90s: Seal, Nick Cave, Method Man, U2, Iggy Pop, Flaming Lips, PJ Harvey, Brandy ... I mean, jeez.

Edit: I forgot that Nick Cave so completely hated the song he did for the soundtrack that he kept it off the Bad Seeds' B-Sides and Rarities three-disc set back in like 2006, which had literally every other soundtrack contribution they'd ever done to that point. :lol:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

50/50 this or the Judgement Night soundtrack :o:

Spawn soundtrack you guys.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

I'll put in a vote for the Spawn soundtrack being far better than the movie.

The lowest of bars.

quote:

And that rollerblades are cool(?) and skateboarders are oldfags

And that Angelina Jolie is kinda hot. Stupid haircut aside.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Sobatchja Morda posted:

For some reason, this makes me think of a demented mash-up between John Wick and No One Lives Forever.

So yes, pretty badass.

Fury Road Prequel.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

It's really weird how Kong ends with a thing introducing the characters to the wider world of monsters when, unless any sequels are also period pieces, they aren't going to involve those actors. Also the credits kind of spoil the end reveal because they name all the monsters when they say they're property of Toho.

Time travel, yo!

Could also increase Kong's size because why not. Otherwise their fight would be like me fighting a T-Rex. I'm pretty nimble and fairly strong and have opposable thumbs but the T-Rex is a T-Rex.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Also he once gave Satan the finger.

Man, Keanu's had a weird career.

He also frenched Satan's daughter on another occasion.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

At the end of the day, one thing remains true for Kong and Godzilla that will forever prevent their fight from being fair: in Kong's first appearance we saw him die. And never come back in his own series. In Godzilla he appears destroyed, but then had sequel after sequel where he was very much alive.

From this we as a cinematic audience have learned that Godzilla is invincible and King Kong is fallible. Or, maybe, fellable.

Also, Kong is toddler-sized compared to Godzilla.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

got any sevens posted:

I love it, it's a little slow in the mid bit that finish makes up for it. Almost could've been another Proyas movie, and I love his movies.

I'm the opposite, I could watch hours of Christian Bale rearranging stuff on his desk as he tries to puzzle out how that makes him feel vs. the overly forced action scenes. If the setting of Equilibrium were more contemporary, Disturbed would be blazing during those scenes, it's all extremely 90's cool.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Terminator and Highlander are a great double feature re good sax scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

I assume this isn't a typo but a great term for 80's sax-heavy sex scenes.

It was deliberate even though I'm pretty sure Terminator's sex scene doesn't have any sax going on.

• Locked thread