Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Abusive Beasts: The Crimes Of Johnny Depp

...Someone had to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

not trolled not crying posted:

First thing I thought of when seeing the picture:

It's not too late Universal, you can save the franchise!

My thoughts while looking at this:

"Wait...where is Tom Cru...LOL"

Edit: Scientology Beasts: What Are Your Crimes?

(Sorry, I just find that title ridiculous given the current political/cinematographical climate)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 16, 2017

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I read the synopsis for Cursed Child on Wikipedia. It literally sounds like lovely fanfiction.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Somehow I noticed Tom Cruise right away, yet I didn't see the second Johnny Depp until the second time :buddy:

Hah! I didn't even notice the latter!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Studios and developers haven't made real tie-in games for years now probably since they're not very economical anymore. Most of the time they're simple free mobile games. Sometimes you get a game like EA Battlefront 2 but it was developed as a separate product and any connection to The Last Jedi is not really emphasized.

I heard that, of all things, the tie in game for The Mummy
2017 (The Mummy Demastered) was pretty decent, mostly because the development just went "Hey you guys liked Metroid, right? Here's another one only with one or two characters from our lovely movie!"

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 17, 2017

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

Elaborate conspiracy theories based around video artifacts making the right honorable Komodus Rex look snoutless and pink.

For a minute there I confused Komodus Rex with Moorkus Rex and now I want a Hollywood adaptation of Lost Eden.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I will only watch this movie if it's a full on Freaky Friday scenario.

Meaning that for every scene of Pikachu solving crimes, we get a scene of naked Sherlock Holmes crawling around 221B Baker Street trying to shoot lightning out of his rear end and yelling "PIKA PI!" while Watson watches in despair.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 7, 2017

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bioshock Infinite movie looking pretty good.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I've consumed a bunch of popular media this year where the lesson is to reject nihilism and understand that everything has meaning (e. G. Bojack horseman, nier automata, night in the woods) but somehow Spielberg decides that 2018 we should get a movie where corporate nihilism has won and the only life achievement attainable is winning a video game contest to find an obscure Easter egg hidden by Notch

How the hell have either of those given any answers? Bojack merely learned to be a slightly less crappy person and Night In The Woods explicitly ends with the main character going "We're all going to die, and it's going to hurt but that means it was meaningful so whatever, I guess?". How is that having any hope for the future?

I just don't understand the mentality of "You are going to fail but there is value in your struggle". I need results. Otherwise, why waste all that effort? As obnoxious as RPO sounds, if the world was destroyed by global warming, I'd also prefer to lock myself in VR because there's no way to fix the unfixable.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Remember the Tommy Wi-Show?

It's hilariously odd.

I could never get into that. You can just TELL that Wiseau is deliberately exaggerating his schtick. Self-aware so-bad-it's-good NEVER works.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It's going to be interesting, seeing as the only reason Marvel started to push Inhumans was because they didn't have the live action rights to the X-Men universe.

Even the comics have started to sideline the Xmen since marvel cannot get that sweet tie in audience. I smell a(nother) Xmen vs Inhumans storyline.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That is so loving sad.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Is that the plane crash revenge movie?

No, that’s Aftermath. I get them confused all the time as well, for some reason.

Sabotage is the one where he’s a dirty DEA agent who steals millions from drug dealers and then his team starts getting picked off one by one.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

K. Waste posted:

Fury is magnificent, though. One of the best of 2014, a tough year.

Fury was pretty great but that third act completely undermined the entire theme of the movie up to that point, IMHO. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the result of studio interference: "Welp, we can't have an entire movie of showing Allied soldiers as little better than their enemy so here's a rah-rah Nazi murder fest for the third act!"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

Placing it into an actual cyberpunk future would have costed additional millions and millions. While Netflix hates having money, cyberpunk has little appeal outside of hardcore nerd crowd these days

Netflix is working on their own cyberpunk series though, an adaptation of Altered Carbon. I guess they probably wouldn't want to counter-program themselves.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

The Social Network did it first when it comes to trailers, but odds are "Mad World" at the end of Donnie Darko was an inspiration for (more) moody covers like that.

We've talked about once before in this thread (like a year ago), back then I compiled this quick list:

Odds are that you can find way more examples, especially if you add trailers/commercials for TV series and video games to the mix.

The Prep School cover of Come As You Are is so misguided and obviously created by the Quantum Break marketing team (seriously, does this band even have any other songs?) that I kind of love it. You can pinpoint to the second the part where you might as well scream "THIS IS WHERE WE PUT PEOPLE SHOOTING GUNS IN SLOW MOTION":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZMS1di6Mc

If we are adding video game trailers to the mix there is also Disturbed's cover of Sound of Silence (Gears 4):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

And Hit House's cover of Ordinary World (The Evil Within 2):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYf-EsadU7I

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Love that "can you believe this poo poo?" look.

And this is the guy who started paying his bills by doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu3JqLMImY

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gonz posted:

How the gently caress have I never seen this before? That's hilarious.

Yeah, dude had an... interesting backup dancer career back in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvhgG9ee9Aw

I like to think that every so often someone pranks him on his blockbuster sets by suddenly playing these songs on their phones behind him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

(I haven't seen this movie, but although I like more or less everything that's on this poster/cover, I have a sneaking suspicion that I wouldn't like it if I did.)

I saw it as a kid and all I remember is that Sean Connery giving that lady some berries that made her act like she was on drugs and that Sean Connery found the cure for cancer yet wasted it to heal some native.

• Locked thread