Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
-Predictions-
Good: Blade Runner 2049
Bad: Anything with a DC superhero or made by a Sony owned company
Wildcard: Ghost in the Shell

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Cool Blade Runnings 2

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

New trailer for Russian Avengers Guardians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j450dFQQU20

Please let there be a sub

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

muscles like this! posted:

Ugh, that terrible looking schmaltzy movie A Dog's Purpose had some behind the scenes footage leak where it shows that the filmmakers were not a dog's best friend. Basically the dog is forced to perform a stunt that it is clearly not comfortable doing (swimming in simulated rapids) and has to be shoved into the water.

It's no Milo and Otis!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

21 Muns posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_franchises_and_film_series

Franchises on this list that are having new entries in 2017:

1. MCU (Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok)
3. Star Wars (Star Wars: The Last Jedi)
6. Batman (The Lego Batman Movie)
7. X-Men (Logan)
8. Spider-Man (Spider-Man: Homecoming)
9. The Fast And The Furious (The Fate Of The Furious)
10. Transformers (Transformers: The Last Knight)
11. Pirates Of The Carribean (Pirates Of The Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales)
19. Despicable Me (Despicable Me 3)
22. DC Extended Universe (Wonder Woman, Justice League)

So, how do you think this list is going to change over the course of the year?

Unless The Last Jedi severely underwhelms, Star Wars will definitely overtake Harry Potter. It's clear that nothing is surpassing Middle Earth; that's simply not within even the most optimistic projection for anything beneath it. Entries 6-11 are basically getting scrambled; I suspect Batman will stay ahead of X-Men because I find it overwhelmingly likely that Lego Batman won't fall $304 million behind Logan. I also suspect that Spider-Man will surpass X-Men and perhaps Batman, though I'm less sure of that; Spider-Man: Homecoming is definitely one of my picks to make over a billion dollars this year. Despicable Me and the DCEU will both obviously jump many places whether their entries this year succeed or fail; we'll just have to see whether it's a little or a lot.

Fifty Shades Of Grey will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Fifty Shades Darker makes a little over 1.5 billion dollars, three times as much as its predecessor. This is exceedingly unlikely. King Kong will likewise make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Kong: Skull Island makes 1.5 billion dollars - three times as much as the 2005 remake. Kong: Skull Island will also take Universal's "MonsterVerse" (:barf:) to the highest-grossing franchises list if it makes 1.7 billion dollars. Thankfully this is all also exceedingly unlikely. Smurfs will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Smurfs: The Lost Village makes 1.3 billion dollars (about four times the revenue of The Smurfs 2) but this will almost certainly not happen - for one thing, Sony doesn't seem very intent on promoting it. Guardians Of The Galaxy will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if it makes 1.5 billion dollars, about double the original - this is at least vaguely realistic, as it now has a built-in audience that didn't exist the first time around. Alien will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Alien: Covenant makes 1 billion dollars, two and a half times what Prometheus made. Unlikely. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if The Long Haul makes 2 billion dollars, twenty six times the revenue of Dog Days. This is basically guaranteed to happen. The Mummy will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if The Mummy (2017) makes 800 million dollars, a little under double the most profitable movie, The Mummy Returns. This is vaguely realistic (because of inflation) but unlikely. Cars will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Cars 3 makes 1.2 billion dollars, more than double 2011's Cars 2. I would definitely not bet on that one. Amityville will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Amityville: The Awakening makes 2.1 billion dollars. Uh huh. Planet Of The Apes will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if War For The Legend Of The Ape Planet's Gold makes 600 million dollars; this is strikingly likely as 2014's entry, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, made 710 trillion dollars. Lego will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie make more than 1.8 billion dollars in sum. Supremely unlikely, but I'm not going to rule it out. Annabelle will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Annabelle 2 makes 2 billion dollars, less than eight times the original! No. The Nut Job will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature makes 2.1 billion dollars. Kill me. Flatliners will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Flatliners 2 makes 2.2 billion dollars. Kill me. Blade Runner will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Blade Runner 2049 makes 2.2 billion dollars. Kill me. My Little Pony will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if My Little Pony: The Movie makes 2.2 billion dollars. Kill me. Kingsman will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Kingsman 2: Kingsman Queensman makes 1.8 billion dollars, or four and a half times its predecessor's revenue. Kill. Me. Friday The 13th will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Friday The 13th (2009) (2017) makes 1.9 billion dollars, or more than ten times what any movie in the franchise has made. Insidious will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Insidious Chapter 4 makes 1.9 billion dollars, or more than ten times what any movie in the franchise has made. The Franchise Between Us will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if The Space Between Us and The Mountain between us make more than 2.2 billion dollars in sum. Jumanji will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Jumanji (Are They Going To Add A Subtitle To That) makes 2 billion dollars. Pitch Perfect will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Pitch Perfect 3 makes 1.8 billion dollars. The Ring will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Rings makes 1.8 billion dollars. John Wick will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if John Wick: Chapter Two makes 2.2 billion dollars. Trainspotting will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Terminator 2: Judgment Day makes 2.2 billion dollars. Table will make it to the highest-grossing franchises list if Table 19 makes 2.2 billion dollars.

:v:

:regd08: :catdrugs: :downsbravo:

This is a McDonald's drive thru...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

They should call him Denis the menace

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

No movie has ever made money.

:staredog:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I would like to sit in on one of the meetings where investors come up with fuckhuge projected returns for movies like... Spider Man 12 or whatever.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Josh Lyman posted:

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

Every time I try to read one of the Sony emails I get a severe nosebleed.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Gore Verbinski's best film is Mousehunt, you philistine.

This except unironically.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Tars Tarkas posted:

Tron might be rebootted with Jared Leto. Disney's got to burn all that Avengers cash somehow

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tron-reboot-jared-leto-circling-lead-role-new-disney-film-982575

Yesss I feel like I'm the only one who watched Legacy and enjoyed it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

TRON Legacy was loving great and a feast for the senses but I don't know how they could do something else like that without having it feeling like a retread. It had such a unique style to it. It was, to me at least, more iconic than the original in every way. I still listen to Daft Punk's score from it regularly. Not sure if they could recapture that kind of magic again for me.

Yeah it was like Heavy Metal but in a computer. I wish I had seen it more than once in theaters.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Taking bets on how much Mulan live action version will make
$1.2 billion

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Urdnot Fire posted:

Funny enough, even Boss Baby is (loosely) based off of a picture book.

*pulls up resumé* Adapted screenplay from award winning young adult novel

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Get Villeneuve on those Transformers movies ASAP

The thinking man's Optimus Prime

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Jerry Seinfeld to direct Disney's next "Pirates" franchise sequel

A headline I wish existed ^^^

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

whydirt posted:

Sea Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMFY1cjt2yM

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Harambee
He's "shaking up" the kids animated movie market.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

MonsieurChoc posted:

God, I wish the MCU had a villain as good as a random MGS boss fight.

Denis Villeneuve's "Metal Gear" :eyepop: Think of the possibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He seems to only hire drunk screenwriters that don't speak english for his movies.

• Locked thread