Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chairman Capone posted:

I like DOFP but it's impressive how much I thought the Rogue Cut improved it.

Rogue cut?

I like most of the xmen movies but they're pretty much the same story every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chairman Capone posted:

Had to go see A Dog's Purpose with my girlfriend. It made me wonder about why that movie was made. Even without the whole dog abuse thing, the movie seemed designed to make its core demographic (huge dog lovers) cry for the entire movie. I did laugh at the realization that the director's name is Lasse and that one of the main actors is named Pooch. Also how Douglas Quaid's character's father is driven to alcoholism by his nihilistic response to the prospect of nuclear war in the Cuban Missile Crisis.

There was an article in the paper today where the humane society or something reviewed the tape and said it had been edited to look worse and the timing of it going public right before the premiere is suspicious.

Hulk rules, I just bought the blueray last year actually. Better than any Marvel movie from the last five years, anyway.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

This is why I hate The Imitation Game.

I just didn't think much of that movie, didn't even look up how true to life it was.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

That movie owns and that charge was real :allears: Not sure if they actually came up with the bugle charge there though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Random Stranger posted:

I'll have you all know that I am blue/gray color blind and you are all oppressing me by pointing out that shameful error.

https://youtu.be/rGv1VKAybcI

Gettysburg is a bit long and overdramatic but I still love it :allears:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Gettysburg II: the Ghost Dimension?

Gettysburgs: the Legend of Booth's Gold

Gods and Generals

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it's like the first Rambo movie, but with Lara.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Man now I know that I'll never see Mormon Mummies and I'm sad.

Wrapped in magic underwear?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

This is the second time I've talked about Air Traffic Control today. Their unions are great and wildly necessary.

Saint reagan didnt think so.

Piss
On
Reagan's
Grave

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why not just use subs? That's what I prefer, so I hear the real voice and the original actor's inflection during a scene.

I wish someone would greenlight a modern version of Emperor of the North.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Well movies are a visual medium first and foremost, theoretically they shouldn't really need words. That's what books are for.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn't realize they did that.

Maybe not save them but have fun at their expense.

Can someone give me a non-spoilery explanation of why Hail Caesar was so divisive? I wasn't able to catch it at the theater.

It was mismarketed so people had the wrong ifea going into it, and even if you're into it it's kind of a niche subject, handled tongue-in-cheek. Watch it then check the thread here about it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Gimmie a highlander with a bath'leth.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Anyone who unashamedly dresses like the Crow is ok in my book, doubly so if they help make Judge Dredd stuff.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Shageletic posted:

You'd have to make it The Purge to try to justify how batshit the bad guys were in the Raid. I don't see it translating to America unless you resurrect some sort of Death Wish 3 view of urban crime.

So... Dredd? Bring this full circle.

If Valerian is like Jupiter Ascending meets Fifth Element it'll own.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

well why not posted:

I mean, there's lots of ways to write around that. Like, a criminal convention or something. crimecon.

The Warriors? :thejoke:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I don't get all these people that hate Stallone's Dredd. Sure it's not great but it's silly fun, at least as good as Timecop or something. Not quite as good as Demolition Man though, despite sharing like 5 plot points.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

Excuse me, only one of those movies are bad!

Jury Duty? That'd be my lowest from that list.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Has there been a lack of terrible fun movies or does that stuff need time to... congeal? What would be a good recent example?

Gods of Egypt? I think it's a masterpiece though, it does exactly what it set out to. I remember liking Huntsman 2 also, and love Chappie, those are also divisive. Hardcore Henry, etc

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
^ Yeah I guess that's fair, JA had some potential that it didn't realize. I still love Eddie's unhinged character though, plus Sean Bean was good and Channing was trying his hardest.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

he was doing well as charming Scottish rogue in the second tomb raider movie but then Jolie killed him (tearfully) , so

At least he was better than Daniel Craig

Craig's accent is so weird in Tomb Raider.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Sir, I know where the bastard lives!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GrandpaPants posted:

Alien vs. Predator by Shane Black as a buddy comedy-action movie.

Also yeah, Nice Guys is great, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is great, Last Kiss Goodnight is great.

Last Boy Scout too

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ammanas posted:

Can you imagine thinking an epic scifi-fantasy trilogy about an intergalactic space queen finding her power being anchored by Mila Kunis is a good idea? Wow.

Black Swan.

At least all these interesting failure movies are more fun to think about than most marvel movies.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Casimir Radon posted:

That's a lot more fun than the majority of the last movie. Maybe they can advance things to 1993 now, not aging the characters at all of course, and try again.

Would they be involved with wtc or ok city?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The trailers for Cure for Wellness are great but I don't like watching horror films much. Sorry kiimo :(

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
They should've used Pratt as Johnny Utah in the Point Break remake. Also they should've made it good.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Or go Predator and make boy scout traps for the super smart dino.

"What the hell are you?"

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 25, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grendels Dad posted:

God, I hope they are neighbours.

Does Caine still have the mansion Jaws 3 paid for?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hell yeah the Congo movie is great.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Rising Sun is hilarious in how immediately it dates itself.

Clive Cussler had a japan-bashing book too that I somehow slogged through last year and it is so terrible. The lead character is continually the most awesome smart guy everywhere, I think he even killed a japanese guy with a samurai sword at the end when he invades Japan. But most of the book is boring as well as super anti-Japan.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The scaly ones were never real and also look dumb. You ever meet a lizard? They're stupid as hell and not intimidating in the least.

Crocodiles are pretty intimidating. And speaking of novel chat, The Great Zoo of China has dragons that are sort of flying crocodiles and it's cool as hell. It's like Jurassic Park with a lot more explosions.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 27, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

hiddenmovement posted:

The room can go to hell, this my favourite lovely scene in all cinema

Godzilla movies are great for that. https://youtu.be/-1Y7ODRjzCM

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I agree and wish the Hays code hadn't existed too.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DeimosRising posted:

Movies cut content all the time, today, to get a rating.

It's especially funny the occasional time when they add some small thing to go up a rating.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
A guy nicknamed Freud avoiding an Alien movie?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I wish I had the stomach for horror movies, maybe I saw too many as a kid

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Having spent a lot of time with people with mental handicaps, I can tell you Robert Pattinson knocked it out of the park.

Also, the entire movie being the set up to a joke is indeed great.

I liked how Master and Commander did that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Phylodox posted:

It had a transcendentally good soundtrack, and it was really, really pretty to look at. My wife loves it. She calls it alternately her favourite Daft Punk music video and her favourite screen saver.

The plot is good too without being super front and center.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

The cast of the new Power Rangers movie being interviewed by Amy Jo Johnson. She barely aged!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap3MRmQRSek

edit:
Coming in August:

gently caress yes, I never got to see it in theater when it came out!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

I hope this is how The Rock will defeat the giant monsters in Rampage (also directed by San Andreas director Brad Peyton).

The monsters were the good guys in Rampage.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't see why a monster movie requires an entire room of writers.

Just use a classroom of elementary kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

Maybe you like it for the ending where they give away unlimited energy to the whole world, you communist piece of poo poo!

Keanu did that in a movie too. What a swell guy.

• Locked thread