Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

-Predictions-
Good: Blade Runner 2049
Bad: Anything with a DC superhero or made by a Sony owned company
Wildcard: Ghost in the Shell

I really hope Ghost in the Shell does well. The trailer seems to have upset a lot of fans by using some generic movie lines like "Everything you knew was a lie" or whatever, but they've gotten the visuals well enough that I'm excited for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

parallelodad posted:

Godzilla and Kong teaming up to take down Mechagodzilla sounds good to me.

They'll be taking on Ghidora one head a piece and then, gasp, what's that? Mothra descends from the heavens and tears off the third head and flies away.

Anyway, was Life just doing super bad in terms of interest or something? Because every trailer so far had been focused mostly on suspense and stuff. But then today when going to see Kong there was a new trailer for it that makes it look way more like a lovely action movie than a suspenseful horror film like it had seemed. The trailer also does the whole thing where it starts off with really up beat and energetic music while everyone's happy, then stops to dead silence and then everything gets really loud and everyone's screaming or exploding thing a lot of lovely trailers have been doing lately. At least it didn't fill that second half with a spooky version of an kid's song!

Also the trailer for the new alien movie looks like butt. :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Snowman_McK posted:

I'll enjoy a bunch of supervillains performing a small time caper which turns out to be connected to a large time caper.

Just have an entire film about that one episode of the cartoon where they break into the league's space station. It would work perfectly. :colbert:

Sir Kodiak posted:

He's solid in King Arthur. Not as good as the character actors around him (I really enjoyed Neil Maskell (Jay from Kill List) in particular), but still pretty good. He's definitely better when the character is in his street hustler mode, where he's given more to do, than trying to sell the sword and sorcery stuff.

I don't know if it's the CGI during the fights or what, but he always looks really awkward in the fight scenes. The movie probably would have been a bit better if they turned down the fantasy poo poo just a bit. Giant animals out of nowhere, magical teleporting islands and a weird snake venom induced trip just didn't really add a whole lot. Like I'm pretty sure they even showed a lot of that poo poo heavily during the trailer but when you see the movie it makes up less than one percent of the run time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lobok posted:

I'm not really feeling Dunkirk yet. Something about it seems... I won't say lifeless, but there's some kind of spark missing. A story more or less of fish getting shot in a barrel and so far the trailers aren't showing anything that would offset that bleakness yet. Compare it to something like Titanic where you knew going in you were getting all the sumptious peroid piece visuals and a sensual love story between two gorgeous actors.

Oh, and it also had Billy Zane.

The marketing for Dunkirk is the thing that gets me. The early trailers were all really slow and quiet, they made it seem like a serious war drama and a friend of mine who absolutely loves war films was really excited to see it. Now all of a sudden when you go to see a movie you get like four three second trailers that are just DUNKIRK and two seconds of people running, screaming and getting shot followed by loud VWOOOOW sounds. Now it just seems like a lovely action movie and said friend thinks it looks like garbage.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So what's the deal with movies suddenly changing their entire marketing pitch months before release now? It's happened to a ton of movies like Life, Dunkirk and now Geostorm where for like half a year they showed trailers that showed the movie in a very specific way. But then like right before release they drop new trailers that make it look like a completely different genre. What is going on with movies now? Like the early trailers made Geostorm look like another 2012 or something where the apocalypse happens. But now it's apparently an action thriller where all the natural disasters are just backdrop to comedic presidential kidnapping?

Also I saw a new trailer for Valerian when I went to see Spiderman; like half of it was just super videogamey shots of a spaceman in space armor bursting through walls. It was a very bad trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I unfortunately watched Despicable Me 3 earlier this week. Trey Parker was the villain Balthazar Bratt I thought. I thought Steve Carrel did both him and his brother's voices

Hell, the first trailer for that one spent most of it focusing on that guy and had almost no minion stuff and I can't even remember if it featured the brother thing or not? It seemed like it was more about a new villain showing up. Every trailer after that basically just has a tiny clip of him and the rest of it features overly long clips of minions in prison between shots of the brother jokes.

• Locked thread