Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maid Marian as Robin Hood is a lot more interesting a concept to me than Snow White as a fantasy warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is the greenlighted thread sir.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"Who will stop Godzilla?" someone shouts, then we get a perspective shot of Godzilla turning around to see a giant gorilla foot stomp down in the foreground. Godzilla does a double take and steps back as a vicious guitar riff twangs into the score. Our camera pans out and around to reveal King Kong, who is in fact wielding a gigantic electric guitar and is the source of the now revealed to be diagetic music.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers soundtrack is pretty insane as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It doesn't sound inherently any better or worse to me really, it would be down to the actual writing and execution. Yeah it sounds like fanfiction but so does every other Star Trek film.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HannibalBarca posted:

John C. Reilly said Kong was "still growing" because he knows this for some reason. Kong will be tall enough to "fight" Godzilla when the time comes though god knows we're gonna end in some dumb Batman v. Superman team-up situation by the end of the film. Of course, that was basically the entire back half of the first Godzilla series, but Legendary will try to play it too straight and it will just be awkward.

Godzilla and Kong teaming up to take down Mechagodzilla sounds good to me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Godzilla just has a cloaca.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's like he named the film specifically to be as unmarketable as possible though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really enjoyed Jupiter Ascending. Even the dumb parts I don't understand why they would make someone actively recoil, because they were shot and choreographed great.

I just don't understand the reaction of "Here's Channing Tatum fighting a dinosaur man with a portal gun look at this stupid poo poo!" Instead of "Channing Tatum fighting a dinosaur man with a portal gun? Sign me up!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's not fair to him. He wasn't painting with a broad brush. He's not like that. He only said that SOME motherfuckers had that habit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why are they wastes of time? They are fun and often sexy. They are no more a waste of time than a good chase sequence, and often provide more characterization.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Precisely.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was decent.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chloe Bennett would make sense I guess since she's basically been the real Mulan's protege for five years now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes. For all time forever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

With Jonathan Lipnicki as Pinocchio. Or Haley Joel Osmond. Or young Anakin Skywalker, something like that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want James Bond v Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, start bringing together the Flemingverse. Would Bond be able to save Truly Scrumptious?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's a really neat effect how it looks both like the helmet it is and the classic staff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can we get a TJ Hooker starring Chris Pine?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Baby Groot is stupid merchandise marketing bullshit, I would say, though I can't speak for SMG(SuperMechaGodzilla, I can speak for Sarah Michelle Gellar. She only watched GoTG on a plane and doesn't really have a strong opinion)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Groovelord Neato posted:

in the first movie it's just a little guy dancing to the best jackson 5 song for like twenty seconds for a cute gag.

Sure, but it looks like a very heavy marketing push for the little guy in the second movie.

I didn't really think a character who's gimmick was saying one line over and over was all that great in the first place, now we get a precocious baby version.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aptly put.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Groovelord Neato posted:

plants don't eat people.

Audrey 2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bull from Night Court

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Ridley probably thought "Do I want to make exclusively nerd poo poo my whole career?" and decided no.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've only seen her in Star Wars where she was, like the rest of the film, servicable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Natalie Portman's done pretty alright.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

John Boyega was... in the film. A charming actor in a character that did nothing of import and had little effect on any other characters or events.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All five minutes of it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Big Fish was good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think a lot of people consider that movie "post retirement" or something for some reason.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She stole Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aniston and then broke his heart. She is a monster.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

loving drat it. Looks like I'm going to see a Transformer movie

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I did see a trailer the other night where Optimus Prime said something insane like "This is for your own good!" while murdering a dude. I really want to see how crazy he is now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bozo and Ronald McDonakd are still beloved though if you're under 30 you probably don't even know who Bozo is, though you likely know his parody Krusty.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I know it apparently crosses over with some other Stephen King properties, so is this being done by the same studio doing It?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is the fourth book Wizard and Glass? That's the only one I've actually read part of, but it was enjoyable. They fought a robot train and Captain Kirked it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Who says original pictures can't be hits?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guy Mann posted:

I want live-action Cowboy Bebop to happen just to watch the people on both sides tear each other apart over however Faye Valentine winds up being portrayed.

I wanna see the nerd campaign to cast 60 year old Nathan Fillion as Spike.

Serious question about white washing anime. A lot of people see these characters as white, probably because when they see them on Adult Swim or what not they're voiced by white people a lot of the time. Should a fight against white washing begin with voice casting actors of Asian descent?

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's the thing, you look at these characters and see "white people" but that's not necessarily the case, the intent, or the way the original audience saw it.

• Locked thread