Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

DeathSandwich posted:

Couple pages back, but I could of swore at a couple of points it's been said that Vin Diesel is notoriously hard to work with and even got called out by The Rock during Fast and the Furious filming. It seems like he's usually pretty lovely behind closed doors and is more than willing to take his ball and go home when he gets called out on his poo poo.

Fake Edit: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/rock-doesn-regret-calling-vin-diesel-fast-8-drama-article-1.2880267

I'm pretty sure this is just marketing based off of Vin's heel turn in the new movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Does The Hot Topic Crowd even exist still? Did it ever?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

So basically, teenagers are scary and the Bad Clown Movie gives them too much power.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

MisterBibs posted:

But your average person literally wouldn't know what Green Lantern is if a real one came down from up high and slapped a ring on them. When it comes to DC, their public attention is probably just Superman and Batman. Green Lantern has no Q score, or whatever it's called.
The average person didn't know Iron Man either.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No movie has ever made money.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The later books have C3PO and Doctor Doom and Stephen King himself in them and it would be the dumbest thing in the world but I'd still like to see them try that stuff.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I hope Anthony Hopkins reprises his role from Hearts in Atlantis and that they do the scene with the vampire that eats laughs.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I generally agree that King has trouble with endings but I actually like the whole final act of The Dark Tower, even if there are hundreds of fairly awful pages leading up to it.

His short stories are definitely his best.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

GrandpaPants posted:

I've never read the Dark Tower books, but centering it around a (probably) precocious kid instead of Idris Elba seems like a mistake. Who keeps asking for child protagonists unless it's like, a YA story (in which case they would still hire 30 year olds to play 17 year olds).

They made it into a YA story.

got any sevens posted:

Does the movie have the balls to follow the first book's ending? letting jake fall off the bridge or w/e? Been a decade since I read it

No. It's also not an adaption of The Gunslinger, it's an awkward hybrid of events from all of the books and it has a pretty final ending.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Powaqoatse posted:

Eh it's no great loss... the books are alright. The world is pretty cool and the first volume is excellent but most of the series is annoying and bad.

I'm totally OK with them diverging like crazy from the books, because yeah they've got a ton of problems, but they diverged in the most boring ways possible.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So it sounds like it's a good movie if, like the vast majority of people, you give absolutely no fucks about those books.

Not really. If you don't know anything about the books it's just a subpar Harry Potter with worse visuals.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

muscles like this! posted:

There's a really weird scene in The Dark Tower where Roland teaches Jake to shoot and they recite the Gunslingers Creed together and everything and then at the end of the scene Roland goes "And you don't get to use a gun again."

It's delivered like a punchline and my theater laughed. I assumed it would matter later, and we'd get a scene of Jake taking a gun to save Roland, but nope.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pee-yousa

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jared Leto murdered all of his costars and that's why Affleck is not in The Batman.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh Perlman is not really picky with his roles if he gets paid

Apparently he's the film's producer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Dark Tower movie is pretty much the definition of "Boring junk that deserved better."

• Locked thread