Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
We watched that too, and I'm pretty sure the actress was under 18 on top of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

I honestly don't think The Raid crew had any clue about the most recent Dredd movie when they were making it, we just frequently get similar movies in the same year.

Edit: Dred is basically an inside out version of Assault on District 13 and The Raid is basically someone watching Ong Bak and asking what if we did this for 2 hours. Both concepts are similar in retrospect but operate on different levels.

That's from Tom Yum Goong, philistine.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
12 movies, several video games, a TV series and a day.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Really? Besides a few "This is not present day!" references? Because those could have gone anywhere.

I mean it's loving called Remember Me. I'm not positive, but I'd bet it was supposed to be reminiscent of "never forget."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ruddiger posted:

For being a bunch of tough guys, the military's run by some salty rear end bitches.

masculinity.txt

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Grendels Dad posted:

Terminator and Highlander are a great double feature re good sax scenes.

Also that sax player in Lost Boys, a real classic sax scene.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Y'all should be sure to watch the original Chinese ending scene for Drunken Master 2, it's loving bonkers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's pretty much the same as re-releasing a classic old song but replacing one of the musicians. It becomes a different work of art. "Eh, that drummer is a bit too 60s for modern audiences, replace it with a drum machine and slow it down 20%."

Didn't Ozzy do that on Crazy Train? Redub the original drummer and bassist with whoever was in his band at the time?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

got any sevens posted:

I'd rather get the Hoff. His cameo in Spongebob was great.

Apparently Dax wrote and directed Chips as well, pretty impressive for him, but reviews say it's pretty much just dick and boob jokes for 90 mins.

Also read some reviews of the Goon sequel, it's written/directed by Jay Baruchel (the weird friend from #1) and they were not very kind. Too bad, I love the first one.

Didn't he also write and/or direct the first one?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
do you think that pennwise gets embarrassed when that scene is in the movie sorry if this ofend.

Just asking for laughs ha ha

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Chairman Capone posted:

And McConaughey was supposed to be Flagg in the latest Stand movie attempt, too. (They actually go into the world of The Stand in the fourth DT book, too.) I think Pennywise made an appearance, or at least was mentioned, in one of the DT books. He was definitely briefly in Dreamcatcher when they drive through Derry.

I think the thing you're speaking about was supposed to be an It-like creature, but not actually that one.

Also the Dark Tower books are crazy and dumb, but not always in the fun way.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Snowman_McK posted:

But, then, Mickey Rourke shows up, delivers a growling, partially comprehensible monologue, and it holds the movie together. It gives all the standard action movie nonsense an emotional core that it hasn't really earned, and it makes the last act work, even though it shouldn't.

My favorite story about that is that Rourke showed up and demanded something like 5 hours to rehearse that scene and Stallone was like "you got 20 minutes."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The sixth book has the boy switching minds with his talking dog so they can pass a psychic trap that manifests itself in this case as a scene from a cartoon dinosaur movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dreamcatcher is a loving dreadful movie but it's probably the most Stephen King movie ever made. Every detail and every line is dripping with his stink, more so than probably any other movie adapted from his books.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Glamorama26 posted:

My copy of Pet Sematary seems to be well over 900 pages, please advise.

A copy of Pet Sematary that just kept getting longer and longer would be an ok King story.

Chapter after chapter about how Gage died/didn't die.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Maxwell Lord posted:

LDR 2: All You Need is Kill

Hell, pull a Road Warrior and don't even make it clear that it's a sequel.

Wasnt it released in Australia as Mad Max 2?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Nosferhotu.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
In a twist, it's going to be a ballet vampire movie called Nosferatutu.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ALFbrot posted:

He's not an action movie guy. He is Spanish. Get it right.

Holy poo poo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MisterBibs posted:

Jekyll/Hyde

I don't think you need to spoiler tag this.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

MisterBibs posted:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it warranted spoilertalk or not, and I figured I'd err on the side of caution and not catch a probation on spoiling poo poo. Even if it's the goddamned Mummy, of all things.

It's like spoiling that Bruce Wayne turns into batman, only dumber because it's in the loving title of the book.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Len posted:

Presumably "Strange case of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde"

"
edit: :thejoke:?

Yeah, poo poo maybe that is a spoiler if this is the cultural awareness.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

Unless the number of heads is 2, almost all monsters have an odd number of heads, so if it comes to a vote there's always a clear majority.

Ah, I believe you're thinking of the Law Of Prime Monster Heads.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Considering the sexlessness and emotional detachment of many of Nolan's movies,I don't think it's that surprising.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The organ score in Interstellar is really good, but home video/VOD releases really need to have the audio remixed so the music doesn't just blot out all dialog.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wikipedia has a big list of films with similar premises that come out at about the same time. Just this year we've got two films about Churchill and two films about the friendship between Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero. We also got a film about Operation Anthropoid last year and another one this year.

1) only one of those movies is about Wiseau and Sestero, the other is just starring them and inspired by them.
2) the DP on the Disaster Artist is the older brother from the post-apocalyptic DDR movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Al Borland Corp. posted:

At World's End and This is the End

After Earth and Oblivion

I don't remember any Pirates in the Franco/Rogan movie.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it's weird that Franco is making that line delivery so flat. Wiseau's delivery is a lot of things, including baffling, but it ain't flat.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

kiimo posted:

It would sound completely insane and ridiculous if you hadn't seen The Room and realized that's how he actually sounds.

The point is that it's insane and ridiculous though, why tone it down?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Been a long rear end time, but I believe ジプシー・デンジャー is katakana for Gypsy Danger.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If a lack of male gaze directed at women was what defined feminist cinema, A Talking Cat?!? would be the paragon of that poo poo. It's not that the movie doesn't have any male gazey shots, it's just that they're all directed at lithe young dudes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Honestly this is just baffling

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I heard Tom loving Arnold telling the story about him being cast for True Lies, and how Roseanne tried to block it by threatening the studio but Cameron told the execs he'd walk if they blocked him. He said it like "he felt that strongly about me being in his movie" but it's almost definitely like "James Cameron doesn't like being told what to do and decided to get into a pissing match about it because he's petty and vindictive."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Sarah Gilbert was in High Fidelity and uhh that Simpsons where she makes out with Jimbo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Casimir Radon posted:

Travolta's career died right about that time. Battlefield Earth was the year before.

That was like the third time his career died, and it had only been resurrected with Pulp Fiction. He went from that to Michael and Phenomenon, which formed a nice slope down to Battlefield Earth.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I've heard of exactly nobody involved in this, so I looked up the writer/director. His last theatrical movie was Chairman of the Board. Oof.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

but not CGI-heavy.

I don't know how to break this to you Hundu, but dogs can't really talk.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also the vampire buildings in the left with no reflection

edit: okay I see it now

I think I can see the seam of where they go from pool to the actual lake, though

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

feedmyleg posted:

In the afterlife Maximus Gladiator finds out that the Roman gods are dying because Christianity is gaining popularity.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Six women accuse him, 200 say "yup."

• Locked thread