Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I loved Reloaded and was so hype to see Revolutions in the theater, and have never been let down so hard. "What if instead of exploring literally any possible weird theory that we've brought up, we just shoot everything"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
e: ^^^^ Yeah, his speech is actually pretty coherent, was that in question? I never thought it was.

Somewhere there's a universe where the third Matrix movie was all about the Merovingian and other remnants of the previous cycles joining up with or fighting Neo and oh wait never mind that's American Gods.

Neo Rasa posted:

One that straight up looks better in the trailer is during the big car chase, there's a part where an agent like jumps off an overpass or something and lands on a car, bouncing off it to make its way closer to the heroes. It looks REALLY bad in the movie the same way the burly brawl scenes does, and is particularly cartoony because it happens so fast. But in the trailer when the agent lands on the car it goes into bullet time and you see a way more detailed depiction of the car's hood collapsing and the windshield breaking and stuff.

But that's exactly how it does happen in the movie? Unless someone changed the Matrix again.

precision fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 19, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I haven't watched it in a long rear end time but one of the special features on Reloaded was "the making of the freeway scene" and holy poo poo, it is impressive and excessive

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Animatrix had some really good poo poo in it.

I remember all the internet rumor mills speculating about the Wachowskis having cameos in the movies and nobody recognizing them because they didn't give photo interviews or something? Anything come of that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ammanas posted:

The Matrix owns, Reloaded owns and Revolutions also owns. Sure sure they get up their own rear end a whole bunch but good films should. You get poo poo like the Avengers which seems hugely ironic and it's like who cares? But the Matrix sequels cared a whole loving lot

The aesthetic of the sequels, especially in-Matrix, are INCREDIBLE.

I still like Reloaded a lot, I've never gone back on that, but Revolutions has been worse every time I've watched it. Mostly, again, because it simply has too much dull action with what feels like no stakes. The Battle of Zion was clearly intended to evoke the end of Return of the Jedi or similar but it falls so flat in that ambition, it's just dreadfully boring.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sbaldrick posted:

Why is he making this rather then going for the Oscar he should already have at this point.

I'd rather get another RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie, those were really stupid and good

e: RDJ's best film role still might be Less Than Zero, just rewatched that the other night and it holds up fantastically aside from the super cheezy sex scenes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
To be fair, those 13 minutes were really good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Rupert Grint produced and stars in the Crackle original series Snatch

The trailer is terrible/awesome but the show proper (only watched episode 1 so far) is actually not bad at all and is kinda like Edgar Wright does Guy Ritchie, it's not bad!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Disney also made a live action TV movie in 2000 starring Drew Carey and Julia-Louis Dreyfus :ssh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1los3Jz7lwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw7_U2vwsSw

Holy poo poo, there must have been so much cocaine on that shoot

Just listen to Julia, oh man.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ahahaha, I didn't even think the CHiPS movie had come out yet. I assume it sucked even harder than the trailers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man, American wrestling is so lame now. Has been for a good, what, 15 years? Jesus. Every now and then I'll try to watch RAW but the magic is so far gone it's depressing. I don't know what happened, did the public at large just suddenly go "Nah, we don't want plot lines about an undead wizard wrestler crucifying the company's owner's daughter on a cross and then marrying her"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lobok posted:

Maybe they saw the success of the Rock and realized your ticket to stardom requires nothing more gimmicky than an arched eyebrow.

Says someone who clearly never saw The Rock in his heyday. Dwayne Johnson is a gift to us from on high and has better comedic chops than most comedians!

It did make my heart grow a bit when Steve Austin said a while back that he's known gay wrestlers and he has no problem with gay marriage. :unsmith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Casimir Radon posted:

Addams Family Values is better than the first one.

But did worse at the box office. Significantly.

I still wish the Munsters TV reboot had taken off, I really really enjoyed Eddie Izzard and hell everyone in it. And, in looking it up just now, I notice that Bryan Fuller was behind it because of course he was. It's called Mockingbird Lane and it's worth a watch (there's only one episode)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress you, now that you mentioned it we're going to get a Tootsie reboot that's either insanely offensive and tone deaf or trying so hard to not be offensive that it just isn't funny. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually had somehow gotten the impression that A-Team did well enough, and I think I remember something about a sequel, but as I'm typing this I realize that what happened is I got it confused with GI Joe :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Highlander series was kinda like the Stargate series; better than the movie in unexpected ways

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Not gonna look but this is probably already a movie :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FilthyImp posted:

Best Blair is that Sci-fi Channel pseudomentary Curse of the Blair Witch

K. Waste posted:

The best Blair Witch movie is still The Burkittsville 7.

Not sure which one of these I agree with more so I'll just quote them both.

I really liked the Blair Witch remake when I saw it (even though I think I posted some negativity about it) but (and this is probably why I posted negativity) you can't really compare the remake to the original; superficial similarities in the text are dwarfed by the differences in not just the subtext but the metatext as well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jenna Fischer gets constant crap from people mad that her husband isn't Jim

Are these the same people who give her crap for divorcing Gunn?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't be ridiculous.

95% of the jokes are that. :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

got any sevens posted:

Dunno about the stache but chris pratt was my first thought.

Was literally just about to post this. I'd see it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

loving hell, Gilliam finally finished shooting The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

https://twitter.com/TerryGilliam/status/871356842265505792

I eagerly await Lost in La Mancha 2, coming summer 2020.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That is interesting, it'd be cool if the MCU hired more directors like Gore instead of like, Guy Directorman (well with the exception of like, taiki, and edgar wright before he ran away)

I would watch the gently caress out of Michael Bay's Gambit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Asnorban posted:

Pain & Gain is a legit good movie.

Absolutely.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So Geostorm is like Sharknado, but "serious"?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: I'm a moron!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GrandpaPants posted:

How has Jared Leto not been outed yet?

gently caress if I know, I can personally confirm that as of 12 or so years ago he was trying to gently caress underage goth girls after giving them backstage passes to his horrible band

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

Strangely enough, I can also confirm this - though secondhand.

At that time he was a raging heroin addict too, which makes it kind of baffling, as opiates completely kill your sex drive.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

well why not posted:

Was he actually a heroin addict or did he simply play one?

I've seen him shoot up with my own two eyes. Same time he was trying to gently caress the underage co-worker of a friend of mine (well, he was trying to gently caress them both, but only one was under 18)

It kills me a little bit because My So-Called Life was incredibly good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

well why not posted:

Wow, what a cool guy he is.

I thought "Jared Leto is a tool" was well known, not just because of the stuff I said!

e: I would challenge the assertion that "every" rock star had sex with girls under 16. The vast majority had sex with girls who were under 20 for sure, and most of them with girls under 18, but I sincerely believe there is such a thing as an ethical celebrity. I guess it depends on what the definition of an "A-list rock star" is though - if we're just talking about the Stones, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, the Beatles etc then sure

precision fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 3, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I mean Courtney Love has been saying Ted Nugent had sex with her when she was 12 for years

:catstare:

Well that explains a lot.

e: also, not that it's a good argument or a good point, but a lot of people will trot out the whole "they were at a rock show and looked 18, plus the girls wanted it, the rock stars were not specifically hunting young girls what's the big deal" schtick. Like, there doesn't have to be an illegal age gap for something to be predatory and skeevy

precision fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 3, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

71-year-old Jimmy Page, now dating a 25-year-old

Look, I'm all for "age doesn't matter (past a certain age)" but this is loving absurd

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snooze Cruise posted:

Like I just have trouble understanding how people who are aware of their crimes not have trouble watching their films, because even beyond the whole "the artist who created this piece of media is a monster" the films often have like thematic elements where you are just constantly reminded of their crimes.

Ninth Gate is the only Polanski movie I would watch again, probably because it doesn't have any particularly weird sex stuff.

The last Woody Allen movie I tried to watch was Annie Hall and... yeah that didn't go well, I just turned it off.

e: I don't remember which thread but I made an effortpost about Hal Hartley along the lines of "separating art from artist". Lemme see if I can find it

precision fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 3, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Powaqoatse posted:

Woody Allen I never cared for, and Polanski alright but I've never had a hankering for rewatching any of his films.

Spacey though, I've watched Seven & LA Confidential a bunch of times, and a bunch of others. That's gonna be hard on me, the innocent movie fan caught up in this mess.

Yeah I'm trying not to think about the Spacey thing too much because he has been in a lot of movies I love, and is often the reason I loved them. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No wonder he bought Crowley's old house.

e: (Jimmy Page, that is)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well now we know why he had a soft spot for Baby

Oh gently caress I hadn't even thought of Baby Driver, drat it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Uh, there is a pretty good chance not everybody at those parties were 18 or older.

Alan Ball basically admitted that the parties are all about coercing young men into having sex with older men if they want to become Hollywood stars. It seems like he didn't even realize what he was saying was incredibly morally repugnant.
https://www.thewrap.com/bret-easton-ellis-tells-alan-ball-invited-bryan-singer-underage-party-audio/

When Bret loving Easton Ellis is uncomfortable with what you're doing, that's a bad sign.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Isn't Goldblum banging some 19 year old?

Oh, I think I did hear about that several years ago. In my mind I'd never really put an age to Goldblum, but he's 65 now, jesus.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm pretty sure Skwirl just meant "not a big deal" as in "not criminal and intensely morally repugnant".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure pressuring people into sex in order to employ them is still pretty morally repugnant and possibly criminal. It being 18+ just takes a single layer off the loving skeeze.

That's a fair point, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought I had remembered a scandal about Bryan Ferry but it turns out he's just a Nazi appreciator:

quote:

the way that the Nazis staged themselves and presented themselves, my Lord!...I'm talking about the films of Leni Riefenstahl...And the buildings of Albert Speer and the mass marches and the flags—just fantastic. Really beautiful.

• Locked thread