Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Monster Trucks is tanking as expected this weekend. It's expected to finish in the $12-14 mil range. Somehow it cost at least $125 million and I'm pretty sure that figure does not include marketing.

Ben Affleck's film Live By Night, which originally had some hype, has come out to mediocre reviews and is looking at $6-8 mil for the weekend on a $65 mil budget.

Underworld holding on to the lead as the highest grossing movie of the year.

They should run ads with this fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I really like his posts before Breaking Bad

8/22/2007

Breaking Bad Greetings Everybody! I'm in Albuquerque, New Mexico filming Breaking Bad, a television series that is going to show you a whole different side of me. How different? Let's just say I play a chemistry teacher down on his luck who spins out crystal meth to get by. Pretty d

1/11/2008

Breaking Bad Season Premiere The time has arrived for you to see a whole new side of me on my new show Breaking Bad. It premieres Sunday, January 20 on AMC 10pm/9 central and will air every Sunday at that time. I hope you can tune in for this exciting new show!

:3:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

There's been weirdly dressed teenager cliques handing out at the mall and smoking since the 1950s. I wouldn't be shocked if Hot Topic turns out to be one of those stores that never dies out no matter how terrible they seem, like RadioShack.

I've got some bad news for you buddy ...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

That's shady as hell

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Is anyone making/made a GamerGate movie?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Godzilla had the baffling choice to close with a new song by Rage Against the Machine, "No Shelter", an anthem about how movies and entertainment rewrite history and distract you from the true horrors of the evil empire

quote:

And Godzilla, pure muthafuckin FILLER
To keep ya eyes off the real killer...
Cinema, simulated life, ill drama
Fourth Reich culture, Americana
Chained to the dream they got ya searchin' for
Tha thin line between entertainment and war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEoesmnYU4

A lot of people point to No Shelter as the moment RATM sold out but it's one of my favorites from them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cacator posted:

My mind is kind of blown right now. The South Park guys are so fiercely independent, the last thing I would have expected to see one of them in would be a big budget animated children's franchise movie.

Trailer 2 had his character featured. I'm not one for 80s nostalgia but his character looks really fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBi41reeF0

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Would they be able to get Chris Pratt for a sequel? He blew up shortly after the original.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

Does Dora the Explorer still have the framing device of being 'set' in a computer game, with the mouse cursor occasionally appearing on screen to click on things? Makes me wonder if it's a logical progression from there to kids all watching Let's Plays instead of TV.

There's a show on the Disney Channel called Parker Plays that is about the life of a Let's Play youtube star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Galpi6Ij62o

It's not bad.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

TheNewt posted:

Has anyone seen the trailer for A Wrinkle In Time?

I mean what was the art direction crew thinking?

Saw it yesterday, what a boring trailer.

Also EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TRAILER in front of Star Wars had some slowed down pop song. I really hate this trend.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Did we ever track down what trailer started this recent trend? It used to be used pretty sparingly and had an impact for certain movies, but god it just so tiresome now.

FWIW the cover of Creep for The Social Network is my favorite trailer song.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yeah, I think Gears of War was the first that stuck in my craw. The Social Network is more a cover of a slow song, not so much one slowed down. San Andreas was the first one that really stuck out and I will blame them for really ramping up the trend.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 25, 2017

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Settle down Dwight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wrinkle in Time looks so bad
$100m budget too.

• Locked thread