Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Last of 2016 : Eyes Of My Mother. Pretty good. Lead actress is fantastic.

First of 2017 : Rogue One. Pretty good. I honestly don't get the characterization criticisms any more than like, any comparable action movie. And it was a pretty movie on top of everything. CGI Tarkin is the most incredible feat of CGI ever while also being incredibly jarring and ill-conceived. Like, can't give enough credit to the artists behind it and enough criticism to the folks who told them to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Maria Clark's hairdo montage set to Kiss From A Rose is my favorite thing ever.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Mecha Gojira posted:

Why would you not read SMG's posts in a thick Slovenian accent punctuated by snorts and nose blowing?

Yeah, the initial question confuses me. It's like if someone asked what orifice everyone puts their cereal in. I just kind of assumed we were all on the same page.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Grendels Dad posted:

Here is the scene in question, starting at 3:00. Yellow robot zooming across the screen obstructing the view happens at 3:14, and I forgot that it makes it look like the robot is as tall as the stormtroopers. Admittedly it's not taking up the entire frame at once, but it's still puzzling how much poo poo happens in front of the people this scene should focus on. maybe it's one of these experiments where five people throw a ball around and you don't even notice there is a gorilla there.
I'm certainly not of the opinion that the change needed to happen, but the entire frame being taken up by a passing object is a pretty common short hand for 'it's crazy and busy here'. The viewer pov being obstructed suggests hustle and bustle. I'm struggling to think of a concrete example, but it's done frequently with cars and busses. I think maybe Fifth Element does it at one point?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Hat Thoughts posted:

This is news to absolutely nobody but Amtrak is a much nicer experience than Greyhound.
Well sure, but so is
https://twitter.com/forgzample/statuses/24625450456

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Anonymous Robot posted:

It's Tim McGraw's "humble and kind," which makes all these suggestions about how to smuggle the sheets in a lot funnier. He apparently doesn't know how to read tabs though.
Send him a tab and a book about how to read tabs.

He's got time to learn.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Death By The Blues posted:

Has anyone here actually confronted somebody in a movie theatre before? Or is it more of a "that happened" scenario.
There was an old man at my showing of Hellboy who loudly talked at the screen the entire movie. Well, for part of the movie he just loudly snored. People kept kind of politely asking him to stop, but it kept going. Finally, 3/4ths of the way in, someone just screamed 'SHUT THE gently caress UP'. Guy was silent for like 30 seconds, then replied 'You shut up, buddy!' and the whole theater laughed. He did stop though.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

A few times, although I gotta give the grand prize to my ex girlfriend who once cussed a guy out so hard at a play that he got up and left.
That 'guy' was one of the actors, and the rest of us in the audience did *not* appreciate her racial slurs.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I bet Chris Pine is gonna be super embarrassed when he realises he was halfway through his transformation to his wolf form during his Golden Globes speech.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

CPL593H posted:

I would remake Seven Pounds, but everyone is a jellyfish and then at the end of the movie the main jellyfish commits suicide with Will Smith.
One jellyfish receives the main jellyfish's tentacles, and the others receive the main jellyfish's I dunno, undifferentiated mucus?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

This checks out

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

ynohtna posted:

Do you have any websites/domains registered? If so, ensure that they're not exposing your contact information via whois.

Change all your passwords - important accounts first - to be unique and cryptographically strong (i.e. get and use a good password manager).

Request that your financial institutions increase your account(s) security to block social engineering attempts.

Using an incognito/private browsing tab, check that your social media accounts are not leaking any info to the public.

Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo/Wayback Machine yourself: full name, common aliases & pseudonyms. Reverse image search your account avatars.

Pray that your threat model does not include anyone already within your social media circles.

Good luck! (And may all internet bullies burn in their own vitriol.)
You know in Taken, when he first hears she's about to be abducted, and instead of freaking out, he just calmly starts preparing for it, telling her what to do, recording the phone call, etc?

That's this post.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

It's not a fair or legitimate complaint, but I'd like Birdman more if it wasn't for the jazz drumming.

Whiplash too.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

"ISIS is number one tricky" - Literally our President Elect.

gently caress.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

DrVenkman posted:

For much better examples watch GOODFELLAS, or BOOGIE NIGHTS. Failing that try most Tarantino or if you're a TV fan both MAD MEN and THE SOPRANOS used music really well.
Rushmore and Royal Tenenbaums.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Do you ever think about how one of your favorite works of art was also a favorite work of art by a killer? It's something that's wormed its way into my head after becoming obsessed with Eric Harris' favorite band, and thinking about how my second-favorite movie of all time was inspiration for the failed assassination of Reagan.
I hand crafted a leather holster for the copy of Catcher In the Rye that I carry with me at all times.

So yeah, the thought has occurred to me.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I'm trying to pinpoint which version it is that I've seen. I'm fairly sure it was on Netflix sometime in 2010/11.
Pretty sure you're thinking of
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0119664/?ref_=m_ttfc_tt

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Federal investigation of the Chicago PD finds a pattern of excessive force, lethal and non-lethal.

Which closely syncs up with the investigation that I did awhile back, in which I was a human being living in and near Chicago while capable of basic loving observation and rational thought.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

like a high school parking lot?

That's what I love about these high school parking lots man...

Also, the FOP is saying the fed investigation was rushed, which I'm sure they expect to make us all sceptical of it. But really, I'm just like 'Man, you mean they were able to find all this poo poo in a rush? How bad would it have been if they'd had time to really dig in?'

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Liberate tuteme ex inferis

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Timby posted:

Chicago's western and northwest suburbs are basically WhiteFlightInAmerica.txt. Black populations in those areas are generally around 3 - 4 percent at the absolute most, and in some places that's being generous -- in college I very briefly dated a girl from Barrington, which is this ridiculously wealthy northwest suburb, and while we were driving around town one day she said to me, "Hm, that's odd."

"What?"

*points at a car being driven by a black man* "We don't usually see those people around here."

That night when I went home I found out that Barrington's black population was like 0.4 percent. I think I broke up with her the next day when I realized that I was dating an awful human being.

Shoulda dated one of them Oak Park girls, my man.

https://www.wbez.org/shows/curious-...ca-6bc7a4430702

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 13, 2017

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

morestuff posted:

This morning I got called a human being for eating one donut instead of two

If you know someone hiring let me know
Oh, I know plenty of people who are hiring, but I'm not gonna be responsible for sending them some single donut motherfucker.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Me neither. Blue Velvet & Mulholland Drive are okay, Elephant Man is good. I've tried a few times to get into Twin Peaks and just can't do it.
Man, I was really psyched for Twin Peaks and yeah, didn't end up liking it much. That's more on my expectations than anything else though - I was expecting much more of the supernatural elements, as those are generally what leaked into popular culture from it.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

MisterBibs posted:

My beef with it comes from a dislike of the main character and those similar to them. I'm supposed to cheer on this dude, but he's the type of person who is preventing Earth from being uplifted.

I like the movie, but as a tragedy.
I don't recall ever feeling like I was supposed to cheer him on.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

therattle posted:

That reminds me! There was recently a show on here which was Vanilla Ice on Ice. I poo poo you not.
Here is the poster:

It just feels like a missed opportunity to not also have him do meth the whole time.

Ice on ice on ice.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

TrixRabbi posted:

I just watched Medium Cool. What are the most powerful political films of the last few years?
Transformers

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Coffee And Pie posted:

Slice of life: I have a girlfriend...for the first time in like 4 years. It's weird but good. :keke:

I'm gonna show her Green Room.
Come out to your dad right now, just as his guard is finally down.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

MLK day might be the worst day of the year to go on social media
Just gotta get some better social on your media.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Man, I've never wanted an abortion more.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

weekly font posted:

Is Gangs of New York the worst Scorsese? I feel like I just watched his worst movie by a good amount.

*note: I have not seen The Aviator
Aviator is just thoroughly unremarkable. Nowhere near as bad as Gangs.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

God that show was so good for so long it almost defies belief.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's been awful literally twice as long as it was good. It should have been cancelled when I was 15.

Is that a reference to In Flanders Fields? (beaten)
Oh yeah, I should have clarified that I was in no way referring to the full run.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I think it's really sweet that they included racists in their list. The Christian right generally doesn't worry about tha-- BLM? ... Oh.... Obama? .... oh..

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Hat Thoughts posted:

Whst r some easy crafts? Got a lot of free time recently want 2 get into crafts......
A good beginner craft is willing traffic lights to turn green as you and your friends cruise around.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

ruddiger posted:

I love you Uncle Boogeyman.
Not in Pence's America you don't.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

wyoming posted:

Hickman seems to writing a comic about how the Stock Exchange was started through deals with Elder Gods.
I like Hickman.
Wait, was it not?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Jenny Angel posted:

I live in Manhattan

Answer the question!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

So, aside from the insane pettiness of Spicer's first press conference being him arguing about crowd size at the inauguration, it's also genuinely really creepy to watch. Like, the only comparison I can think of to him boldly declaring something that's wildly, easily disprovable is Baghdad Bob declaring the defeat of the US military as tanks roll into view.

It'd be funny if you know, it didn't imply really horrible things coming our way.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

CPL593H posted:

You're pretty bad outside of the gimmick.
But it's a pretty good gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Oh man, are we doing bad opinions?? That's extremely my poo poo.

Neon Demon is Refn's best movie.

• Locked thread