Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The only reason I’m giving pause for that statement is simply because you immediately followed it up with “were all thinking this.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hate the Zack Snyder group of posters here. They literally all show up the moment anyone says anything negative about that man, and are all in a hive mind.

See when I said people watch movies “to get away from their garbage lives” to which those posters all told me to get therapy one after the other. It was very creepy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845296&perpage=40&pagenumber=390#post488940901

I gusss I said how garbage life is instead of garbage life. But I didn’t think making a point that life isn’t perfect is some kind of defcon 1 sign that you’re on the verge of doing something rash.

It’s creepy. They’re like a single entity and imo the biggest issue with cined.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m skipping guy’s post for a second to say no I don’t hate him, but I get just frustrated with these same posters ganging up on me, and anyone else who doesn’t agree with their love of DC movies. Guy’s a better poster than them though but still. If we’re airing grievances with this place before a mod shows up, that’s mine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay now caught up, I don’t think you were being rude about it but it’s like I can see you saying something sincerely and then all these other people show up and it just keeps going. It does make for a very hostile forum about something that shouldn’t be hostile at all. It’s just movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

To talk to other people about it. People love talking about Netflix shows. Since I rarely watch anything these days, it’s very hard to converse unless it’s a show I got locked down in my brain.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That bloaty!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

gently caress. :(

BTW CP don't forget I'm streaming in an hour.

i will be there while i edit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Saying life isn't overall good isn't a red flag ya silly.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That is a pretty regular thing though? People want something to put on to distract them from the world. Is this not an actual thing? Does this not exist?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I Before E posted:

I've definitely been in that mood before, I had a particularly bad week earlier this month including a day where I went to all the trouble of getting dressed for work and then just went back to bed until like 2, but I wouldn't say everyone approaches media like that, and if that sort of anhedonia is a protracted thing it probably speaks to something going on that you should talk to someone about.

good lord

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm implying most people don't give a poo poo about movies, or being creative.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The whole discussion was about people who talk about their dreams through plot points and not visuals. To me, that felt like something that isn't uncommon, but to CineD, it's apparently super uncommon that people don't remember their dreams through visuals.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

you go to BooCS and ask they appoint someone, and they'll put the person who has the most posts/presence in the forums.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I actually do like Zack Snyder! That’s the weird part. I just hate his DC movies, and have been waiting for him to get off that train for a while.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t want you to be banned, I just want a less hostile thread/section/ about stupid comic book movies.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also you guys have a discord don’t you

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’d rather this forum be better and less hostile thanks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Noice!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Did Girls give us Adam Driver? If so it was worth it IMO

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chris James 2 posted:

Variety says Andy Muschietti is directing an Attack On Titan adaptation for Warner Bros

Produced by his sister Barbara (Mama), Masi Oka (Death Note) and David Heyman (Fantastic Beasts)

The vote cinematic universe begins

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

So apparently Bryan Singer got fired from that Freddie Mercury movie. But not for raping a bunch of kids. He just argued with some people, I guess.

I want them to make another one with Sasha Baron Cohen because I’m interested in a good Freddie Mercury movie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They do. You have you’re turned off

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Get those dang ol bees away from your house!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Let the bees go but please keep them away from me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look deep down I want all bees gone, minus the consequences, but that’s a very hot take that gets people riled up.

Wasps and bees are the spookiest imo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I set my bottle of fake blood on my bed while I cleaned up. I forgot about it and now I’m watching The VVitch, covered in blood in a damp bed.

Happy Halloween.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Skwirl posted:

You guys are the reason we're all gonna die from climate change in the next hundred years. You don't like a thing, or it's inconvenient to have to carry an epi pen, therefore we should eliminate it completely, nevermind that it's vital to the continuation of the human species. And in the case of bees without them most animals larger than a bee would die, everything that eats fruit and everything that eats things that eat fruit.

See

I don’t want to like, do anything to create my fantasy world. But I very much don’t like them as they are another thing that gives me the spooks. Make a bee that doesn’t have a stinger and we’re good.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 31, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bumblebees are fuzzy and cute. They are fine.

The other ones are not that visibly fuzzy and they freak me out. Honestly it’s more wasps than bees that scare the poo poo out of me. But bees do sometimes pop up in places that I don’t expect. Leading to something that would make for a good viral video.

I just don’t like bees. I appreciate them, I guess. But I’d rather not be anywhere near one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I see more wasps than bees. But if I see a bee my reaction is still pure terror.

I have many fears and stinging flying creatures are very high on the list.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Worst moment was when I was doing this PA job holding up some lighting equipment during the filming of an interview of a fairly high profile person and this goddamn wasp kept flying around me. I was using all my body and mind to stop myself from shaking and screaming.

I had bees make a hive in my basement window at my old house, which forced me to never open it. It’d get real hot in that room. Fuckin god dang bees.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People my age enjoy those songs out of pure nostalgia.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Imagine internet time like Inception dream time. It was 5 years, but it may have well been 15!

I actually legit have some nostalgia over old YouTube, which was like 2009. Brings back a warm feeling of hope instead of dismay. Unlike now, where it's every day bro with that disney channel flow

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Actually I’m gonna repost when I fix the issues

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 1, 2018

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg posted:

Aw man. Ridley Scott is moving forward with Gladiator 2 but isn't using the excellent Nick Cave script.

This isn’t Alien Prequel 3 so I’m sad as gently caress.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna guess 2018.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alrighty, here’s my 20 minute short film about making stuff, found footage and monsters.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NzrP4TSEvTdlMQt9vlBxLQBorU61xR8H/view?usp=drivesdk

It’s a weird one for sure. I’ve gotten mixed reactions so I’m curious what ya’ll think.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is this the completed version or the WIP from a couple weeks ago?

“Completed” as in it’s edited how it should be, but I might be getting a score instead of the copywrited music that’s in it. I call it the copyright cut.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phantom Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I leaned of Orion’s Belt thanks to men in black

• Locked thread