Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Why would you not read SMG's posts in a thick Slovenian accent punctuated by snorts and nose blowing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I love that video; Anno has always been the world's biggest loving nerd.

Shin Godzilla needs to come out on Blu Ray so I can loving watch it, goddamn.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

As I always understood it, the original Masters for the original Star Wars were so utterly hosed beyond belief from being copied way too many times and also poorly preserved (and what was left was reconstituted into the '97 SE) that a restoration to the original state would be comically expensive and involve a lot of sampling from second- and later generation prints just to have the full thing.

I love the revelation from the art book that toho apparently tried to just use Anno as a concept guy and marketing tool, only for him to tell them to eat poo poo and forcibly take the show over from higuchi.

The guy has literally been dreaming his whole life for this. I mean, in college he made a frighteningly well done Ultraman Parody where he portrayed Ultraman himself.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Dickeye himself will play the guy who keeps a sword by his door to stab the cops, except this time it's a katana in his adaptation.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
My screen play is exactly one page long.

Okay, it's actually an inkpen sketch on the back of an envelope of Darth Vader holding a giant laser cannon.

Edit: Oh, poo poo, I think someone threw it away. Dammit.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think Rogue One style your screen play

It's a shame "Darth Vader cuts space cruiser in half with a giant lightsaber" never made it into the final draft.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

throwback thursday to the time i watched the entirety of The Martian on someone else's screen on a plane in total silence.

I did this a couple weeks ago, except it was Angry Birds and it had subtitles.

I just really wanted to sleep, but find it impossible to do on an airplane. Especially when I'm stuck in the middle seat.

One time I had the option of watching Frozen the same way or taking a sleeping pill. It was the worst, most restless sleep of my goddamned life.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Gremlins 2 is weird now that Trump is president. Well, weirder.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Now that wasn't very civilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzhPzHhnFl0

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

K. Waste posted:

Speaking of that alt-right friend I severed with, I'm currently having it out with him over how little I give a poo poo about how much neo-nazis and white nationalists hate each other. Should I post censored screen shots, or would that be too icky?

Kind of icky. You should just punch him in the head.

Edit: No one will cry.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Egbert Souse posted:

I think Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars after '77 and Empire now.

Same. It is actually the Star Wars movie I've waited my whole life for, and now that it's been made, I don't really feel the need for any more Star Wars movies.

Though I want to see Woody Harrelson as Han Solo's evil mentor or whatever.

Edit: I also want to see the movie where Woody Harrelson fights the Planet of the Apes.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
As I told one of my coworkers today, if punching Nazis is good enough for Indiana Jones, it's good enough for me.

Dark Secret: Been Rewatching Indiana Jones because they're up on Amazon Prime. Turns out Temple of Doom is my actual favorite.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Star Wars Red Cup. Solo Cup? I get it!

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't Han like everyone's favorite part of the original trilogy?

Solo isn't actually his real name; he earned it while playing Beer Pong with Chewbacca against Lando and Lobot. This is also how he won the Falcon.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Rest in peace, my old 55" TV. Been through a lot together over the last few years; even moved up to Washington with me. We spent a lot of time with some really great movies. You will be deeply missed.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
My buddy had one. They're as cheap and crappy as they look. Plus I'd be afraid of folding it too many times lest I break the thin plastic that holds it together.

I mean, I get it, the joke is that you're a card-carrying Antifa member, and that card also happens to be a knife. And this is Dick "Knife Culture" eye we're talking about, so let him do his thing.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
See, now I'm just thinking of the scene in Gremlins 2 where the control room jockeys make fun of Billy and the inane rules you have to follow for keeping a Mogwai.

Then having a Gremlin bust out of the control panel and gore a technician.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

wyoming posted:

But Santa is dead in the chimney. :(

The two Gremlins movies are cinematic masterpieces.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I have a soft spot for the Amblin output circa late 70's through early 90's. Didn't help that Universal Studios opened up in the formative years of my childhood and was basically Steven Spielberg World.

Even then, the latter two Back to the Futures are okay I guess.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Worse, we've been tricked into talking about Order of Operations.

I'm awful at math but I will always remember PEMDAS.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Snak posted:

How the gently caress is fries 1?

shake + shake + shake = 30 -> shake = 10
10 + burger + burger= 20 -> burger = 5
5 + fry + fry = 9 -> fry = 2
5 + 2 * 10 = 25

They gently caress you up by doubling up the fries in the first image they're featured.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Egbert Souse posted:

Good news: Part of London After Midnight has finally been found after being the most sought after lost film...

Bad news:

That's literally all that's left. One frame.

It's a beautiful frame, though.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I will sing along with any Linkin Park song that comes on the radio.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

I'm offended on like 20 different levels right now. It's impressive.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Actually, pineapple is good and cool. Especially with pork.

Edit: It's really a shame that pigs are as smart and adorable as they are delicious.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Lmao this dude watches Bill Maher

I'll admit, I thought it might be cathartic to watch a blowhard blow steam about another blowhard I hate and I have access to HBOGo.

Turns out the motherfucker just pisses me off too.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Feel legit bad. Told I was privileged and should just stop talking to them by a coworker today because I can view films as art, even if the art itself was created or stars assholes, racists, or rapists. Then again, I probably pissed them off by saying, "There's no ethical consumption in Capitalism," like five times and then went on to try to talk about the act of reading and criticizing films on their own merits.y

The fact that it stuck in my craw for the last hour or so, though, is probably because I am a fragile white man. That I will not deny. It's just never something I thought about, how people might feel that I "support" (by consuming) particular people's worldviews because I've seen their art.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Goons should avoid all social interaction.

Huh, I always thought my problem was not enough social interaction.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

this

I wouldn't take it too seriously or resent them. It's loving rough for a lot of people right now.

Oh, definitely. Especially since we work for a fundraising organization working on behalf of Planned Parenthood.

I admittedly hear actually crazy poo poo on a daily basis.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Face/Off rules, there's nothing not awesome about Nicholas Cage and John Travolta both in their full-cornball period spending an entire movie imitating each other while John Woo just casually out-Michael Bays Michael Bay in the action directing.

To top it off there's a climatic boat chase.

Truly a masterpiece.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Temple of Doom is the best Indiana Jones movie by a gigantic margin.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is still an incredibly solid movie.

But, yes, Temple of Doom is the best. At least my personal favorite.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Egbert Souse posted:

Looks like I'll be officially single soon. Divorce papers in hand. Going to be mutual where neither of us owes anything to each other, so we're only having to be in court for finalizing. She just wants furniture, her movies, and stuff.

I'm a wreck, but I sort of find relief that it'll be over soon after finding out more stuff. Just kind of numb about it (and the vodka isn't helping).

Should I ask for Indy/Crystal Skull back so it's not separated from the Blu-Ray set or is it an acceptable loss?

Wait for the 4k box set.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
How are you guys not hype for the Danny McBride fights weirdo aliens movie?

Did you see the pygmy aliens?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
We should have a CineD throwdown free for all fight to once and for all determine whose opinion is correct and best.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
There's a place near my office that offers it, but I have to ask: What is a sensory deprivation tank and what is the intended purpose? Like, it's also at a place that does like water massages and stuff too, so I guess it's supposed to be a relaxing float?

But I'm the guy who can't sleep without a fan blowing because I like the white-noise.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Okay, this is a trip report I gotta see.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I'm Chastity, the stripper who leads you away from Gospel values.

Edit: Seriously, what is wrong with Chastity and the Sabbath?

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 14, 2017

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

boss makes a dollar, i make a dime

that's why i poop on company time

:same:

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's one of those movies I drat near had memorized, like CB4.

I see you also watched Comedy Central in the late afternoon in the early 2000's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Late 90s really. Huge Kids In The Hall fan over here.

Close enough. It's all a haze of early 80's comedies and early 90's SNL sketches to me.

• Locked thread