Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Slugworth posted:

Not gonna lie, really appreciate you name dropping Clone High there. You didn't need to, you know? Like, most people would have just said 'the 21 jump street guys'. Maybe thrown in 'Lego Movie'.

You're alright.
Clone High, to me, was the most unfairly cancelled cartoon series in my life.

MacheteZombie posted:

It's the one Coen I haven't seen. I guess I can give it a shot, just heard nothing above "its a passable coen movie"
I was mixed on it, but there are plenty of fun interpretations of it floating around CineD. Alden's part in that movie almost certainly cemented his casting as Han.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MacheteZombie posted:

Sean Spicer just said on national tv that we should fear 5 year olds.

Now I want an action movie about a 5 year old john wick taking on the white house.

Watch Hawk Jones, the cop thriller that only stars kids and features cartoon sounds and muzzle flashes whenever they fire a gun.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Now I want an action movie about a 5 year old john wick taking on the white house.

Remake Home Alone, except have it set in the White House, Obama is Kevin, and Trump and Pence are Harry and Marv.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Watch Hawk Jones, the cop thriller that only stars kids and features cartoon sounds and muzzle flashes whenever they fire a gun.

holy gently caress yes you are a hero and saint and a scholar and a gentleperson

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Also, a scene where he shoots first

Or a scene where he should have shot first and learns a valuable lesson for next time.

Greedo. A scene with Greedo. God this movie is gonna be garbage.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Remake Home Alone, except have it set in the White House, Obama is Kevin, and Trump and Pence are Harry and Marv.

that'll be the sequel to my remake of Hawk Jones aka Det. Barry "Hawk" Hussein O'Jones.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MacheteZombie posted:

holy gently caress yes you are a hero and saint and a scholar and a gentleperson

It's a deliriously weird movie. It was on Dickstream, and we were all shocked that the gimmick was good enough to last the whole movie, because it's so earnest and goofy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

earnest and goofy.

The two words that entice me to watch a movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MacheteZombie posted:

They do kill more Americans a year than Islamic terrorists.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

He's not wrong.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MacheteZombie posted:

The level of cynicism and violence necessary to make this premise any good would prevent it from ever being made. Kind of a Catch-22 situation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The level of cynicism and violence necessary to make this premise any good would prevent it from ever being made. Kind of a Catch-22 situation.

Psh you clearly didn't google Hawk Jones, my new favorite movie (as soon as I actually watch it)

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Star Wars Red Cup. Solo Cup? I get it!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Sounds like it's in the vein of Bugsy Malone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOrgDbldcA4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

They do kill more Americans a year than Islamic terrorists.

You don't know terror until you try using a vending machine.

https://twitter.com/FT/status/826150540971237377

THEY TAKE YOUR CHANGE

THEN THEY TAKE YOUR LIFE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jenny Angel posted:

FYI those who still call it "Sex Archie" or "Tween Peaks" and not "Dark Archie", understand that my faction is growing ever more dominant in both numbers and strength of character, and that you still have time to mend your errant ways

I call it Bad Show

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Pretty sure LSD25 was the CIA's formula, which is what guys like Burroughs first experimented with.

Holding you to this

Please let me know when. Got Audition ready to go.

Interested my business partner Suspiria. Seemed to like it.

Told the DOP to watch it and just do that.

E: and yea its bizarre seeing Confederate flags in loving Canada. Saw a huge one on the back of a pick up truck in Kingston (shocker).

Death By The Blues fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 30, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope Han Solo says "it doesn't matter who shoots first, but who dodges the best".

Nicolas Cage reading Poe at the Alamo Drafthouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg12xyGX5CY

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MacheteZombie posted:

A Han Solo movie just sounds awful.

Isn't Han like everyone's favorite part of the original trilogy?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Did I just imagine there being a Moonlight thread? I just saw it and want to read people's thoughts about it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
tag yoself

https://twitter.com/SeriousSanchez/status/825027717724770306

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am definitely the Smarty-Pants. Also, the Minimalist.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

What I'm learning from this is that managers are large children who need the personalities of the people whose careers they oversee to be broken down into kid-friendly stereotypes before they're able to successfully interact with them.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Safety Factor posted:

I am definitely the Smarty-Pants. Also, the Minimalist.

Greetings, comrade.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Whichever one's closest to "functional addict"

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

Whichever one's closest to "functional addict"

listen man you cant be all of them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, gonna watch Hell or High Water again tonight.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

For only $2999.99 you can enrol in my Upper Management Improvement Seminar, where you'll learn how to deal with all types of middle managers, such as

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Child Who Needs the Personalities of the People Whose Careers They Oversee to Be Broken Down into Kid-friendly Stereotypes Before They're Able to Successfully Interact With Them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Slugworth posted:

I don't know what time span you're talking, but 15 years ago when I was buying music on big black circles they were referred to as vinyl. Regional thing maybe? I stopped doing that poo poo though because gently caress having to flip a record over halfway through like some kind of animal.

For what it's worth, I get the annoyance at some of the crowd buying vinyl, but I'm guessing a lot of those criticisms don't apply to CP - He's not exactly a fountain of pretentiousness.

The format is vinyl but referring to individual records as "vinyls" is devil talk. For example:

"That new album is on vinyl." Yeah, okay!

"I just picked up that new vinyl." Wrong! Burn in hell.

Baron von Eevl posted:

CPL - I love ya man, but you got some weird hangups.

"I hate when people call it a stereo, it's called a hi-fi!"

Admittedly most serious record collectors are either some kind of malcontents or on the spectrum because you pretty much have to be. I do not exclude myself from this.

Egbert Souse posted:

FYI, Night of the Living Dead will be getting a definitive release soon, at least. The new 4K restoration headed by The Film Foundation was recently completed and it's believed Criterion/Janus Films will be handling distribution soon.

It's about goddamn time. Where did you hear about this?

I'm quite obviously the downer.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't Han like everyone's favorite part of the original trilogy?

Solo isn't actually his real name; he earned it while playing Beer Pong with Chewbacca against Lando and Lobot. This is also how he won the Falcon.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lobok posted:

For only $2999.99 you can enrol in my Upper Management Improvement Seminar, where you'll learn how to deal with all types of middle managers, such as

ahahaha christ

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Goddamn, are management courses complete loving scams. I once accidentally got sent on a risk management course because the bosses thought it was about managing risk and hazards in the field. So there were a bunch of field guys who got treated to management-related bullshit about business-level risk, consequences, etc. It basically boiled down to extremely basic poo poo that actual children could understand. It probably cost at least $1000 per person to attend an 8 hour course.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Work is death.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mods rename me THE INTIMIDATOR

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yep. why i'm trying to write movies to get out of it. idgaf if they're big stuff. I just want that as my job.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

mods rename me THE INTIMIDATOR

turn left dale, noooooooooooo!!!!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Excuse Artist for sure

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jenny Angel posted:

FYI those who still call it "Sex Archie" or "Tween Peaks" and not "Dark Archie", understand that my faction is growing ever more dominant in both numbers and strength of character, and that you still have time to mend your errant ways
I wasn't aware anyone was calling it anything other than Dark Archie.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

At a city council candidate forum after spending all day at jury duty. Civic duty blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jury duty kicks rear end.

• Locked thread