Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I am perfectly content with the Packers losing to the Falcons for two reasons:

1. The Falcons haven't won the big one yet.
2. The Cowboys lost at home and didn't even make it to the NFCCG.

Go the Atlanta Football Falcons. gently caress the Patriots. gently caress the Cowboys.

Also gently caress the Bears but that goes without saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hahahaha eat poo poo, Packers

Go Falcons ffs

This.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Welcome, Steelers fans

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
With the Packers out, Falcons - Patriots is gonna be hard to watch because I really like both teams.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

BAE OF PIGS posted:

With the Packers out, Falcons - Patriots is gonna be hard to watch because I really like both teams.

Go Falcons

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tomlin played passive and cost the Steelers a drive and not changing anything on defense and allowing Brady to shred them has to be an infuriating decision.

I think their offense was mostly fine, considering Bell's injury, with Ben mostly eating up the lack of pressure and throwing to open guys. They hosed up in the red zone, but the Patriots are good there, but that wasn't the problem.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Whoops, wrong thread!!!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Tomlin played passive and cost the Steelers a drive and not changing anything on defense and allowing Brady to shred them has to be an infuriating decision.

I think their offense was mostly fine, considering Bell's injury, with Ben mostly eating up the lack of pressure and throwing to open guys. They hosed up in the red zone, but the Patriots are good there, but that wasn't the problem.

Ben was awful throwing downfield tonight. Almost everything over 15 yards was way off target.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Intruder posted:

Welcome, Steelers fans

I love that little calf so drat much.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Both of Rodgers's iconic catchphrases are now associated with seasons where they didn't even make it to the Super Bowl. Feels kind of nice.

I mean, he didn't say "I believe we are going to win the Super Bowl!" either time and both "catchphrases" marked a huge turnaround for a mightily struggling team, so as nice as it feels for you, it probably feels nicer for us Packers fans that things turned around! :)

That said, Dom Capers is dogshit and has been the reason they've gotten knocked out of the playoffs 4 times. But also Ted Thompson sucks at drafting corners and MLBs.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Remember that terrible season where Aaron Rodgers played at an MVP level and the Packers went to the NFC Championship Game

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

nerve posted:

Remember that terrible season where Aaron Rodgers played at an MVP level and the Packers went to the NFC Championship Game

Is this where I make a Brandon Bostick joke?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

nerve posted:

Today isn't even a top 4 worst Rodgers-era playoff loss lol, this season loving owned so hard.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I can't believe the Steelers have never beaten Brady in the playoffs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't think the Steelers have ever played NE at home in the playoffs.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I mean, he didn't say "I believe we are going to win the Super Bowl!" either time and both "catchphrases" marked a huge turnaround for a mightily struggling team, so as nice as it feels for you, it probably feels nicer for us Packers fans that things turned around! :)

That said, Dom Capers is dogshit and has been the reason they've gotten knocked out of the playoffs 4 times. But also Ted Thompson sucks at drafting corners and MLBs.

Ted Thompson gets way too much slack. That roster is dogass outside of a few guys.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

Dude's a beast. Shame he won't make the HoF, but I think he deserves it
Absolutely not.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

DNS posted:

Ted Thompson gets way too much slack. That roster is dogass outside of a few guys.

Uh, not really.

Oline was giving Rodgers all day, Bakhtiari in particular was a top-3 LT. RBs were injured. WRs are p drat good.

Defensively, Mike Daniels is a stud, Matthews still has some gas left, the ILBs are young and injured, Clinton-Dix had a banner year, the big liability was the DBs, which we knew and had drafted heavily in the last few years, it's just that injuries hit there incredibly hard this year.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mastershakeman posted:

I can't believe the Steelers have never beaten Brady in the playoffs
Well they've only played 3 times, 3 horribly aggravating times

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't think the Steelers have ever played NE at home in the playoffs.
2004 and if you want to go before Ben (but still in the Brady era) 2001.

They also haven't met much in the playoffs, today was their first matchup since 2004.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Abugadu posted:

Uh, not really.

Oline was giving Rodgers all day, Bakhtiari in particular was a top-3 LT. RBs were injured. WRs are p drat good.

Defensively, Mike Daniels is a stud, Matthews still has some gas left, the ILBs are young and injured, Clinton-Dix had a banner year, the big liability was the DBs, which we knew and had drafted heavily in the last few years, it's just that injuries hit there incredibly hard this year.

Bakhtiari, Bulaga and Daniels are the few guys. They've got a few receivers too.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Ted Chumpson.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The whole Packers organization is up their own rear end

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Today isn't even a top 4 worst Rodgers-era playoff loss lol, this season loving owned so hard.

Yeah we really had no business making it as far as we did with this broke rear end defense so I won't complain one little bit. Getting to watch Rodgers play the way he did the past like 10 weeks had some straight up jaw dropping moments. He was downright awe inspiring. Hope the Falcons take it all this year. Hot drat that offense is insane. As for what needs to happen with the pack it's obviously a poo poo ton of corners and maybe another pass rusher.

I'm excited to see what elliot Wolfe will bring to the table since he seems more likely to go out and grab some impact free agents to fill the holes on the team rather than rely almost exclusively on draft and develop dudes like Thompson. Rodgers paired with a competent defense should be enough to get us over the hump.

Also curious to see what happens with the rbs and if we extend lacey and plug Montgomery into starks role going forward. Maybe we will end up taking McCaffery in the draft and have him do a couple different things.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The Packers defense is just so many of these vanilla soft serve zones because they cannot afford to play man, ever. It really doesn't allow them much room to get creative with blitzing at all, which doesn't help a pass rush that has very few people who can consistently win 1 on 1.

Bright spots: Kenny Clark is really good. Scary combo with him and Michael Daniels. Lowry showed good of promise. Gunter isn't a #1 corner, but I think he'll have a spot on this team.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

Once again lol those guys who let $28k ride on the Packers regardless of how rich they are

What I don't get is why not just take out $5k if you wanna let it ride. Even that I could justify as a hedge, although it's still pretty dumb.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Fire Dom Capers.

...into the sun?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The thing that you have to keep in mind is that, for the Eagles, this was a building year.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

The thing that you have to keep in mind is that, for the Eagles, this was a building year.

iggles gonna be good with a few more pieces. nfc east is my pick for strongest overall division next year, even if the skins let kirk cousins go which spoiler alert they should not

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sataere posted:

What I don't get is why not just take out $5k if you wanna let it ride. Even that I could justify as a hedge, although it's still pretty dumb.

The dumb sports fan thing where you think your lack of faith will cause your team to lose? I don't know

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Abugadu posted:

Uh, not really.

Mike Daniels is the only good D lineman on the team at the moment. Clark might eventually be OK but he has some work to do for sure. The ILBs are undersized and tryhard guys, Matthews has had several disappointing seasons in a row, Clinton-Dix had a terrible end to a decent season that was somehow reqarded with a Pro Bowl, Nick Perry and Datone Jones are basically the definition of JAGs, Sam Shields is done and both second year corners regressed so hard they're going to have to fight for their spots in camp next year. This defense is a mess and I don't know that I trust Ted to fix it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

You're right, they should really throw a flag on Crabtree for initiating contact

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This season was fun as hell. Too bad the defense and then offense was so banged up. Hope we resign Cook despite his drops last game because he really helped the offense.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

You're right, they should really throw a flag on Crabtree for initiating contact

Yeah they could have called offsetting penalties there, but I think Crabtree's was worse. He pushes off from the god drat helmet there lol

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Packers only had nine players on injured reserve, tied for fourth-fewest in the league.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

The Packers only had nine players on injured reserve, tied for fourth-fewest in the league.

Yeah the only real IR loss was Shields but man there were a ton of guys playing through pretty major injuries all year.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

OSheaman posted:

Mike Daniels is the only good D lineman on the team at the moment. Clark might eventually be OK but he has some work to do for sure. The ILBs are undersized and tryhard guys, Matthews has had several disappointing seasons in a row, Clinton-Dix had a terrible end to a decent season that was somehow reqarded with a Pro Bowl, Nick Perry and Datone Jones are basically the definition of JAGs, Sam Shields is done and both second year corners regressed so hard they're going to have to fight for their spots in camp next year. This defense is a mess and I don't know that I trust Ted to fix it.

I suggest if you are depressed today you go watch film of KC from the past few weeks because he's definitely more than "might eventually be OK". One of the really big potential bright spots on defense, especially for a rookie. He's ready to get more reps in running scenarios for sure, and while he could use some arms work on passing downs (laterally, in particular, he's a little slow) he's already swallowing blocks. We just never have anyone to get home lol

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

I suggest if you are depressed today you go watch film of KC from the past few weeks because he's definitely more than "might eventually be OK". One of the really big potential bright spots on defense, especially for a rookie. He's ready to get more reps in running scenarios for sure, and while he could use some arms work on passing downs (laterally, in particular, he's a little slow) he's already swallowing blocks. We just never have anyone to get home lol

He's already swallowing cocks. The packers are fruits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Well then they must have been one of the healthiest teams in the league!

• Locked thread