Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Ceraph posted:

I had no idea that those existed. Burgermon is adorable and I want one. There should be more food-based Digimon.

The Xros Wars manga has you covered there. Behold:

Shortmon (parody of the main character, Shoutmon)
Weddinmon and her Reverse form

krisslanza posted:

I for some reason, seem to recall Digitamamon is supposed to be one of the strongest Digimon.

This game gives a good reason for that if it's true.

EDIT: One other thing. While it's true that Digivolution items don't give a lifespan bonus or any stat bonuses, I believe you overall have more time to boost the new Ultimate's stats through training if say you use it as soon as you have a Champion. If you're getting a LOT of points per hour of training, anyways.

Ephraim225 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Ceraph posted:

A question was raised in this episode that I don't honestly have an answer for, but it appears that different Digimon get hungry at different rates, and it also doesn't appear that it's directly tied to their evolution stage either. We end up getting Tyranomon as our champion, who seems to eat much more food than any other champion we've had. If anyone knows whether or not that's actually true, that'd be awesome!

There's actually been a lot of datamining since the game came out, and since that kind of stuff interests me greatly, I can answer this! There are game mechanics spoilers though, first-timers should probably not read it, actually.

In short: Tyrannomon is in fact one of the game's biggest eaters.

In greater detail: The way food works is that all Digimon have an eating schedule. At fixed times of the day they'll want to eat until their (hidden from view) 'energy' stat reaches a certain point. All Digimon have different feeding times, energy requirements, and different rates at which they lose energy. Tyrannomon does in fact have one of the highest energy requirements AND one of the highest energy burn rates, resulting in more food than usual required to feed him.

That's not even it either, there's another reason it'll feel very much like Tyrannomon has the most gluttonous girth in the game. All Digimon have a favorite food that they gain more energy from. For the starters, this is regular Meat, which is a neat way to go easy on a first-timer without them even knowing it. Except most people get Tyrannomon as their first Champion, whose favorite food is a rare item from Mt. Panorama. Oops.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010
Any evolution to Ultimate results in a lifespan boost as long as it wasn't an evolution item. So death evolutions do increase life span. But remember to save before you try it since death evolutions aren't guaranteed.

• Locked thread