Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

This game was certainly trying to be SOMETHING. What that is I'm not entirely sure. I found it impossible to get anywhere in it as a kid as I had no idea how any of the mechanics actually worked. But it still was fun just because it was Digimon. The fact that Izzy's voice actor played just about every child in the opening as well as Protagonist just made it all the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I think the best part of those commercials was the "Prepare to Digimon!"
It's great when your product is a noun and a verb.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Honestly. At this point in the video, you could say any made up fact about this game and I'd think it's real. Also. As I stated in the comments of the video, sudden flashback to Tony Hawk Pro Skater from the start of that song.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It sure is a shame that the anime wasn't able to replicate the FUN that is caring for the digimon in this game. I'm pretty sure most of the digidestined, mostly Tai, had more than three care mistakes.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I really do wish the anime took a little more from this game. The different areas are really neat. And while I'm not bashing the anime, because it's always been one of my favourites, an area where time moves differently could have been a good arc. Aside from the overall idea that the digital world just goes slower in general from the real world.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I just finished getting caught up. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing an LP from you for Next Order. I'll be checking out the live stream videos when I can. But a playthrough that's not blind wouldn't be bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

A really interesting thing is to see just how much this game did influence the anime. Basically every main digimon met in the first season exists in this game.

• Locked thread