Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Guð Viljar Það!

how the utter heck did an Icelandic dude end up with Jerusalem???

The same way you get a Scotsman in Egypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What does the game look like in terms of religion so far? Is the map as hilarious as it usually is in most CK2 games?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Does anyone remember that one CK2 LP where the Teutonic Knights led a crusade into North Africa and ended up conquering Ghana and its neighboring West African states? Because if so I'd really like to read it again, assuming that it still exists.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

I don't mean to jump to conclusions but this family is kind of evil.

They're evil but they get results.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What does the religion map of the world look like as of this update?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:stare:

Well that's one way to end a crusade.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

So as part of the secret LP cabal (which does not exist), I was able to preview the end of the CK2 section and EUIV scenario and I have to say, Aztecs invading Al-Andalus and forcing the Jizrunids to flee to Ireland (which was made Sunni), having the Aztecs massacre all of mainland Europe and then all die of smallpox has led to this really interesting Dark Continent Scenario where the Jizrunids are going to have to compete with other powers to colonize Europe. It's really cool.

Oh my god I want this save file so badly :stare:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Does this mean it's flagchat time soon? :allears:

Al Andalus's flag should feature Southern Italy front and center.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 17, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Huh, thought she'd be on the flag of Belgium, not Wales.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Have there been any large-scale culture changes in Europe or elsewhere by the time that CK2 ended? For example, is Egypt still Arabic or have some of the provinces changed to whatever culture the crusaders are?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hashim posted:

Polish is present in a lot of Brandenburg, German cultures have been shaken around a bit, Occitan is much more widespread in the south of France, Andalusi is present in almost all of Al Andalus, Siculo-Arabic is dominant in Sicily, Sahidic (Crusader culture) is present along the Egyptian coast, and Anatolia is a mess of Greek, Armenian and Levantine cultures. There's more, but those are the ones I can remember.

Anatolia sounds awesome, and it'll be interesting to see if the crusader culture spreads at all in EU4. Are you going to make the save/mod used at the beginning of the EU4 game available after it's over (or before, depending on how many events there are to be spoiled)?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Smoky Bandana posted:

Steppe Wolfing will always be my favourite thing to come out of GS LPs.

I give you Steppe Wolfing at it's finest

quote:

This map shows how various places around the world were once Korean. One theory explains for example that the English Essex county is actually a deformation of Ui-San itself a deformation of Woo-San, the name of an old Korean kingdom.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

C
C
B
C
C

Does voting C regarding Japan mean that the Ikko-ikki are present in this timeline?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 28, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The League of Merchants

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rubix Squid posted:

I, Sheikha Hibbar Rubik of the League of Merchants propose that we found an alternate route to Mecca! With fall of Filastan we cannot reasonably expect to undertake the Hajj safely and expediently. It is true that going through the lands of the Fatimids is possible however can we really trust them to stamp out dangers in vast expanses of desert when they allowed the Crusaders to take Filastan? Unless the Taifas believe we somehow suddenly have the power to pry the crusaders from their burrows in Egypt it absolutely imperative that we find another a way. I believe that Allah guided our sailors to the western islands of the Al'Uzur (Azores) to show us how truly little we know of the seas, thus I have faith there may be a sea route to Mecca!

I support this.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 8, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dance Officer posted:

I, Dansar rabb al'ustul alttijari of the League of Merchants, propose that we build a marketplace in Lisboa, in order to strengthen our grasp on the trade flowing into Iberia!

I support this measure.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I remain with the League of Merchants.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

Quiet you, with your superstitious ways!

I propose we Explore and colonize these new islands Allah has delivered to us and continue to explore West of these islands to find a route to our Muslim brothers in China!

I support this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the JJ posted:

The "we won the electoral vote by YUGE amounts" proposal

As a merchant I propose we not ditch an important friend in the struggle with France.

Just because the Ulema are getting all puritanical doesn't mean we should randomly abandon an important ally at a time when the French threat looms large.

I support this motion.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What level is our military tech at? Because drat, we need to invest a lot into it before the next war starts.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Crazycryodude posted:

I, Crazycrodude of the League of Merchants, propose the Make Al-Andalus avante-Garde Again Policy.

This policy stipulates that we minimize our piety, enlist the aid of the Dhimmi, and take any other methods to reduce our tech cost that the Sultan deems within reason, so that we may always stay on at least the same tech level as our neighbors. Unless the nation is in crisis and needs the resources elsewhere, every effort should be made to become a world leader and maintain a higher level of tech than any neighbor, especially a Military edge over France.

E:Question for Hashim: what tech group are we? Do we not have a Dhimmi Estate to appease/troll the Ulema with for that massive tech reduction?

Supporting this

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wow, Bogomilism is still around and the Shia are on the verge of being wiped out.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm switching to the New Taifas.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hey Hashim, could you post a religion map? I kinda want to see how well the crusaders are doing at converting the levant.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hashim posted:

Here's a religion map:

Aragon is allies to us and guaranteed by Castille. Castille is allied to England and France, and it leads a PU over Leon. Galicia has nothing.

The reformation is gonna be so funny in this timeline :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

catlord posted:

I propose continued military research and maintenance, since it worked out well last time.

Supporting this

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 19, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Staying with the Taifas

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Olé -- Conquer Iberia first and foremost and then take back historically Muslim lands like Corsica

Supporting this

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Guys, I think we should pace ourselves here and focus on the rest of Spain and the inevitable fight with France before thinking about the Almorhavids. This is probably our last best chance to fight the French before they grow too strong and we shouldn't let our reach exceed our grasp.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

paragon1 posted:

lol

Once again, I propose The Army Expansion Act, that we construct barracks and regimental camps in many provinces so as to increase the troops available to the army.

Supporting this

Also, have any of our provinces been converted?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Painting of the Session of 1555

Hashim please put this in the OP.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: Switching to the Loyalists, the Taifas have gone insane.

Also, can we get a religion map of Europe?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 8, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I hope the current sultan has an heir lined up because if he's removed without one you guys are really not gonna like going through a regency council in our current situation.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: ignore

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 10, 2017

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

I propose We Assemble a Crew to counteract the bloody conflict that will surely come. The Sultan should improve relations and find alliances with local powers to offset the strength of the Almovorids and France, especially Provence.

Changing my vote to this

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic for all those times that Morocco/North African kingdoms saved us from the French by sending large stacks of troops during CK2.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Snipee posted:

I sincerely struggle to understand why the New Taifas

Well there's your problem.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Staying with the Loyalists

Before I make a vote or propose anything I'd like someone to put forth a clear, thought-out reason for why we shouldn't make peace now at all costs. Like, I'm completely blanking on a reason to continue the war here.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Noble Sultana, Save Us from Ourselves which entails kissing up and making nice and developing as many allies as we can in this time of weakness and cupidity on the part of her disloyal snakelike Majlis.

Supporting this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

paragon1 posted:

I propose the We Must Protect Our Tequila Act. The Navy must be brought up to a strength capable of defeating any European power and/or Morocco at sea.

I'm still with the Merchants.

Supporting this proposal