Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

:eng101: Hidden benefit of all these early deaths: less chance to get relatives that only serve to increase your decadence!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ikasuhito posted:

At this rate "becoming the Sultan" is going to end up being a euphemism for impending doom.

"Did you hear what happened? Mahmoud's son got caught faking his grades. Poor kid's all fit to become a sultan once his dad gets back from the north."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

1 - A
2 - B
3 - B
4 - B
5 - A

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

New Taifas

For now, my vote lies with the Taifas. Aragon seems like they're gearing up to start something, egged on by the French, so we need to be ready for a land war.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Qasim al-Cyrahzax of the glorious and unopposable Taifas, propose that we focus our efforts in annexation on the three westernmost Christian kingdoms of Iberia: Portugal, Galicia and Leon.

These realms are the weakest of our neighbors and the most vulnerable to direct military force: we must crush them before greater Christian kingdoms, France especially, decide to interfere with them. Every Christian king in Iberia is threat and a wild card- it's intolerable!

I, Shoota al-Boy, place my support behind the noble al-Cyrahzax. We must push the infidels back from the seas, so we might crush them against the mountains!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

This last war has shown me many things. It has shown me that while our armies and our nation are mighty, they are not ready to stand toe to toe with the French infidel's men. The New Taifa's had their successes yes, but it is clear that we are lacking. We must wait and prepare. Building up to the day when we might find a weakened foe, ready to be brought down. War is inevitable, but our defeats here showed a flaw in our armies, we lack the money to back multiple mighty hosts at once, as is the custom in the northern realms. With that troubling revelation in my head, I have chosen.

I, Emir Shoota al-Boy, formally declare my backing of the League of Merchants. We will grow our coffers, we will build vast hosts of men, and then we will take our vengeance upon the French infidel!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Superiority Policy: Develop the size and power of our navy so that it exceeds that of our strongest plausible naval rival. Consider this auto-withdrawn if we're already the strongest naval power in the area.

I shall place my support behind this. While I do believe that seeking new lands is needed, I also believe that without the ability to protect those distant lands they are as good as worthless.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Grand Alliance policy: cultivate at least two military alliances, at least one of which must be with a Muslim power.

ETA: Advisory note, prioritize rivals of our adversaries (esp. France) as potential allies.

I, Emir Shoota al-Boy, place my power behind this proposal.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I, Emir Shoota al-Boy, formally pledge my families allegiance to the Taifas.

My grandfather stood with them, while my father supported the Merchants. While I feel there is still much to be made of the unexplored, I feel that now is the right time to strike back against the northern infidels, and drive them from our lands! We defeated their Italy and proven ourselves able to equal them, now we must show ourselves to be superior!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

catlord posted:

I propose continued military research and maintenance, since it worked out well last time.

The al-Boys support this course.