Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Well this looks to be an interesting start.

Anyways, since you don't have a banner, I decided to make one for you.

Does that look good? If not, I can adjust the size or you could go into MS Paint and adjust the image yourself.

The image link is http://i.imgur.com/OUA34p7.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So.

The HRE controls Norway.

Huh.

And is it me or is there a gigantic Kiev to the east of Europe?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Rip Iblis.

He conquered one province.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Such are the rewards of sin :colbert:

EDIT: So this wouldn't be a completely useless post, what do Muslims get in exchange for piety being a necessary component for war? I mean, personally I'm genuinely pleased that in CK Islam doesn't allow for the minions of Iblis to screw around, but from a gameplay perspective losing such a competent commander can really put a crimp in your conquest that Christians don't have to suffer*.

*At least, not this side of the afterlife :unsmigghh:

Muslims get a bunch of cool stuff. While piety is necessary for Muslims to access that stuff, it's not particular hard to come by if you know what you're doing. Going on Hajj gets you a lot of piety and just for having done so you get a permanent piety boost, iirc. Hashim was roleplaying when he decided to not do it, but in so doing so he locked himself out of some necessary piety. Joining the Ashari school of Islam also gets you piety, as well as a permanent boost to piety.

Also, while piety for most religions only impresses your church vassals, Muslims don't have vassals and instead it impresses all of your vassals. Having 1000 piety (a very large amount) gives access to a very powerful casus belli - Invasion. Most casus belli target only a county or a duchy, but the Muslim Invasion CB targets an entire kingdom. Getting the Child of Satan event isn't as powerful for Muslims as it is for Christians as Christians aren't as reliant on piety as Muslims are. (Catholics only really need piety to bug the Pope for favors and cash, for other Christians piety is kind of unless besides impressing your clergy). One last thing on CBs: Muslims only need 50 piety for the county conquest CB, which targets a county without needing to fabricate a claim and only has a five-year truce instead of a ten-year truce.

However, our dear child of Iblis could have wreaked havoc if his true father had turned him to a heresy of Islam, thus giving him the Holy War CB on everyone. (The flipside of that is that everyone can declare war on him.) There's other stuff, but basically, because our character had low piety due to his traits and roleplaying, he wasn't able to use Islam's power to the fullest.

tl;dr: Muslims are powerful but Hashim chose not to get easy piety, which is fine.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 8, 2017

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

As a matter of fact, the Voice of Jesus modifier does interact with the Child of Satan event, or at least it did for me.

To quote a poster whose name I cannot recall, Jesus and Satan must have some sort of time share agreement when it comes to the child of destiny.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

No, he was not. He has the Impaler trait, which can give you the "Son of [insert evil god of your religion here]" nickname.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Is it me or does Italy take North Africa WAY too often. I swear every Charlemagne game the Lombards take Tunis by 800AD every game.

As for Kiev, in vanilla iirc, all the Russian dukes have claims on each other, so if things are the same in CK2+, some duke might have gotten lucky.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Nope. Muslims have no tech disadvantages against Christians in the 1066 startdate, iirc, and in earlier ones they have an advantage. The tech disparity does grow on the later startdates, but most people don't play those.

Tech isn't that important in CKII, and it's easy to get tech points if you park your spymaster on a high tech province. There a few key techs here and there but overall it's not something you should be super worried about.

Here's some more information if you're interested: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Technology#Starting_technology

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

You're winning a lot of battles against superior numbers, does CK2+ improve the power of the martial stat in combat? In vanilla, all that seems to matter is the terrain and the number of good troops.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So the famous Emir Musa, the great warrior of Al-Andalus, is in fact a craven and has no special talent for tactics. Huh.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Looks like he was Abdul-Hasan's uncle.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

The Jizrunids are going to spend an entire year holed up in their castles while their entire population dies around them.

It's not going to be fun.

Edit: Funny thing is that the Black Death used to be hilariously weak. It would spawn in some random place and die out six months later. I made a mod to make it more deadly (possibly a little too much) and about a year later Paradox added the Reaper's Due, which also increases the power of the Black Death. TRD also adds the prosperity system, which rewards you for keeping your lands clear of disease, war, and raiders by increasing your tax income and giving you special events to permanently improve provinces. The Black Death destroys prosperity, leaving you tax starved and making it difficult to support large armies.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 26, 2017

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Bot 02 posted:

From the point of view of someone who hasn't experienced the black plague in CKII, this seems like the rantings of a madman. :v:

That's true of most CK2 anecdotes.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So as part of the secret LP cabal (which does not exist), I was able to preview the end of the CK2 section and EUIV scenario and I have to say, Aztecs invading Al-Andalus and forcing the Jizrunids to flee to Ireland (which was made Sunni), having the Aztecs massacre all of mainland Europe and then all die of smallpox has led to this really interesting Dark Continent Scenario where the Jizrunids are going to have to compete with other powers to colonize Europe. It's really cool.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

It's hanat al'ayralandia, according to google translate.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Look guys, that New World ain't gonna colonize itself, and it might as well be the servants of Allah who do it. I mean, it's not like we're going to get Muslim Mormons or something. Or are we?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

C
B
B
C
A

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I am joining the New Taifas so that our conquest of Iberia can be finalized and so then we can focus on internal matters.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Quorum posted:

It is clear that our sectarian divides render Andalusia ungovernable; the slightest defeat or upset causes the ship of state to come apart at the seams. We must of course always hold the light of Allah first in our hearts, but if we lead the poor deluded masses of the world with the same grace and mercy the Greatest shows us, then we will all be the better for it. Also, gold is pretty freaking amazing. I, Qu'rum, side with the League of Merchants.

I have changed my mind. Internal matters must come first, then we can finish our conquest of Iberia. I stand with the League of Merchants.

OOC: Which faction can ask to put forth Humanism?

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 9, 2017

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I propose the Tolerance Act, which mandates that the Humanism is our highest priority, idea group wise.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Mikl posted:

Esteemed colleagues, I will keep this short. Other nations are making advances in al-Qaribiya, and this is unacceptable. We settled that island chain first, so it is rightfully ours.

I know some of you might object that we have enough troubles at home to worry about someplace so far away, but while Iberia is where the heart is, the colonies are made of gold.

Therefore, I propose the Those Fxxxers - Our poo poo Act: take Taghzir from the Almoravids, by all means necessary.

I change my vote to this, then.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I propose the We Need Tequila Now Act Establish 5 colonies on the mainland of Mexico.

I support this venture.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

A.

I stand with our great and mighty Sultan. I look forward to seeing you all on the gallows, traitors!

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Glad to see this back.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

We need to act soon or Morocco will overtake us! Taifas forever!

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I propose the Our Place in the Sun Act.

This act is aimed at curbing the power of our southern neighbors, with two directives:

1. We must declare war against the Moroccans and not stop until 100% warscore is reached, with the Moroccans losing land by whatever means necessary, whether by releasing nations, returning cores, or us taking land from them.

2. We must only declare it when no Great Power will come to Morocco's aid.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I'm amending the Our Place in the Sun Act, now it only requires a 50% warscore against Morocco. This will give us a little more leeway in case things go south, but still require us to hurt Morocco. I am allowed to do this, right?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

The best TV show poster five minutes of MS Paint can get you.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

This more or less sums up the Senate through the last few updates.

Just about all of the credit should go to Thanquol, whose image I based this off of.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

quote:

Indeed, the only breakaway Andalusi states that Agdun wasn’t willing to negotiate with was Qadis and Granada, the former for their strange and dangerous form of governance, and the latter for their heretic Shia beliefs.

I love that the Majilis are so crazy our enemies refuse to conquer us for fear of catching our insanity.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 11, 2017

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

B

For centuries we ruled under the auspices of "tolerance" - and what did that get us? Backstabbing infidels and heretics at every turn. Join the Mahdi, and this time will be no heathens nor heresy in our lands.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Zakrelo posted:

A - Granada! You cannot depose the rightful sultan of all Al-Andalus so easily!

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

ZearothK posted:

Azerbaijan, which was conquered repeatedly by Russia and lost the world war by W.O.

I guess there was the Afghanistan LP that went well, but that died in the transition to EU4.

In AfghanLP, Islam never conquered India, and was thrown out of Iran and Iraq by Nestorian Timur. Northwest Africa was lost to Catholic Arabs. So it's not particularly great for Islam.

ByzLP went alright for Islam, I think. Speaking of, y'all remember the Deluge? That was a good time.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

"My Grand Vizier, are you sure Mohammed ripped out the hearts of his enemies during Friday prayers?"
"Oh, absolutely."

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Things are getting crazy. I mean, even for us. Also, I support Al-Farih as Grand Vizier.

Long may he live.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 9, 2017

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Option B I said I would back Al Farih, and I shall.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

This is all of you voting for C.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Welp, poo poo, i was hoping for exile in France or something.

Me and the other folks are toasting your memory in Paris.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Mr_Autoshades posted:

Am I going insane? Is that dark grey space between Waono and Pueblo just empty space or is it the North Sea Kingdom? When did they get down there?

Sadly, it is not the plains territory of the NSK. It's just wasteland that no one can colonize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

I think this is the guilty post right here. Here was the beginning of our isolation and downfall! :argh: