Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's in the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Baltimore is now number one in the country for bedbugs

Numbers two and three are Washington DC and Chicago loll

SoupMoose
Nov 30, 2006
One Smart Noodle

My Man Shran posted:

The deadly nature of the American Legion Bridge is fitting given that it takes you into Maryland

I'd say the Solomon's bridge is scarier, that and people like jumping off it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Batman dude really died?? That sucks

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
The state flag is a coat of arms, and their state sport is jousting. I think the entire state is one big renn faire.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
You can't buy alcohol at the grocery store, seriously hosed up.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm one of those mountain people from the rockies of Utah. I never been to maryland, but can someone give me a layman explanation on why maryland is bad?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar posted:

I'm one of those mountain people from the rockies of Utah. I never been to maryland, but can someone give me a layman explanation on why maryland is bad?

it's one giant strip mall with a couple mediocre beaches

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Baltimore's cool you just gotta stay away from the extra post-apocalyptic hell zones and yell at people trying to clean your windshield.
MD, PA, DE, VA, and NJ all look like a walmart burned down and people squatted it.
DC sucks butts.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Enfield posted:

my grandparents lived in maryland and now theyre dead

What the heck!? This time you've gone too far, Maryland!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
There's something about Maryland,,, It's bad!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I used to be a maintenance manager at an apartment complex when it got bought by some twits from Baltimore. When we were doing due dilligence and checking out every single unit with them they seemed incapable of dealing with the locals normally and had all kinds of weird rear end slang and poo poo.

The worst is what I guess is a question. Every resident we talked to they would go "How is?" Every resident would look at them like they had a third eye and go "What?" Then they would talk like a normal person and ask "How are things?" I tried to explain to them that nobody understands their weird dumbass moon talk (politely and in different words) but man it just didn't click with them. I mean come on dude, you're buying the place and gonna be dealing with local people a lot, maybe you should talk like a normal person.

Also shaking their hands was like shaking a floppy dead fish it was so weak.

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

If there was a grading scale for torture I would give sleep deprivation and waterboarding a C-.
Counterpoint: crabs

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've driven through a lot of shitholes in my life but Baltimore is by far the worst

also if a gas station and a restaurant are located right next to each other in Maryland, they won't ever just combine their parking lots to make it easier to go from one to another, so instead I have to stop at a gas station, then drive up and down the highway just to get to the fast food joint right next to it, gently caress

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

Batman dude really died?? That sucks

I grew up near him, he was the nicest guy but kind of a weirdo. Was friends with his son. He had one bedroom decorated in Orioles stuff, one in Ravens, and one in Porsche stuff. Was really into superhero memorabilia, obviously.

He also had a South Park pinball machine in his basement, and xbox, ps2 and Gamecube

Anyway Baltimore is awesome if you have money and know where not to walk at night

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Supreme Allah posted:

that dumb flag they pretend is cool but is just an actual piece of fluttering poo poo

sorry to hear about your retard brain. MD flag actually hauls rear end.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Crab cakes are not actually cake at all

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Dandywalken posted:

Moving to Lexington Park tomorrow. Will take crime scene pics of own body.

Holy gently caress dude where? You should go check out Ridge and the 7th district. :stare:

I was born on PAX and moved to Ohio exactly one year ago. It's much nicer in Ohio, but I do miss being a water kid

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

PassTheRemote posted:

The state flag is a coat of arms, and their state sport is jousting. I think the entire state is one big renn faire.

Can confirm, Hon

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Maryland falls into that weird category of Mid Atlantic states that aren't educated enough for New England and whose sisters aren't hot enough for The South.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

SoupMoose posted:

I'd say the Solomon's bridge is scarier, that and people like jumping off it.

You should go under it by boat. There have been several attempts at keeping the pilons from cracking. There's been many a rumor of replacement over the years but I'm pretty sure they're gonna let it fall

Edit: probably in rush hour traffic, during a backup because someone ran out of gas at the top

"God bless y'all real good"

interwhat fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 4, 2017

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Old Bay is Satan's ball powder.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Housing costs are exorbitantly inflated due to government and military job turnover. People don't rent basement apartments for less than a grand. You can't take a direct route to anywhere, due to the watershed of the Chesapeake. Everything is fingers. You can't open or conceal carry a firearm. The state troopers are just profit generators writing up fix it tickets. In 1990 the blue crab population was 99% depleted from what it was in 1900. Now it's 99% less of what it was in 1990. The bay is on the fast track to being a toxic sesspool and I'm pretty sure that won't change.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

VendaGoat posted:

Worst drivers in the union.

That's def Delaware, Maryland drivers at least do more than crawl along the road

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Maryland is by far and away the worst state on the East coast. You're not allowed to buy beer after 8pm like we're a bunch of loving pilgrims, the fastest speed limit is capped at 55mph by law, and I keep seeing commercials shilling "University of Maryland University College Online" at 2am

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
I live in Washington County and it's basically Purgatory on Earth.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug

935 posted:

Maryland is by far and away the worst state on the East coast. You're not allowed to buy beer after 8pm like we're a bunch of loving pilgrims, the fastest speed limit is capped at 55mph by law, and I keep seeing commercials shilling "University of Maryland University College Online" at 2am

You can buy liquor at 2AM at a drive thru on a Sunday in Maryland and the highways that aren't beltways are 65 or 70 MPH limit.

Unknowable Hole fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 4, 2017

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I really enjoy The Wire, I've seen the entire series twice. I'm the person people go to when they have a question about Baltimore. Even if they don't I still talk to them about it anyway.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

what up ladies any 410 hotties wanna hook up with a real n-word

naem
May 29, 2011

The cost of living is so low compared to where I am now its hilarious

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Hey yo whatup Skins or ravens?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Best Giraffe posted:

That's def Delaware, Maryland drivers at least do more than crawl along the road

They drive an inch off your bumper doing 110 mph and don't have the presence of mind, like California drivers, to be able to merge, shift lanes, use turn signals and so on to ease the daily commute to the hell hole city center. They also won't, or don't, notice red lights until their ballistic rear end is squealing tires and skids trough an intersection anyway.

Now, with that being said, I have no direct experience with Delaware, so I will leave the opening of it being possible that they are worse.

But, Maryland sets a pretty loving high bar.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Their crabs are poo poo tier compared to both King and Dungeness.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I've never been to Maryland but it looks dumb as gently caress, with that straight northern border and then that stupid irregular Chesapeake Bay coastline. It's like show some goddamn consistency Maryland you look dumb as hell gently caress you.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I just moved to Maryland and I can confirm it a stupid state.

I enjoyed hanging out in the tiny Ellicott City downtown until it went the way of Atlantis. Now I have nothing to ease my sorrow.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

VendaGoat posted:

They drive an inch off your bumper doing 110 mph and don't have the presence of mind, like California drivers, to be able to merge, shift lanes, use turn signals and so on to ease the daily commute to the hell hole city center. They also won't, or don't, notice red lights until their ballistic rear end is squealing tires and skids trough an intersection anyway.

Now, with that being said, I have no direct experience with Delaware, so I will leave the opening of it being possible that they are worse.

But, Maryland sets a pretty loving high bar.

that just sounds like new jersey. delawares drive slowly, while staring at their phones. they pray for death and merciful release from the emptiness of life in delaware, a state that only wishes it could be Jersey

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

jersey is really bad

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Best Giraffe posted:

jersey is really bad

:agreed:

We are now talking microns versus kilometers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SterlingArcher
Sep 19, 2010

Dr Strangepants posted:

I just moved to Maryland and I can confirm it a stupid state.

I enjoyed hanging out in the tiny Ellicott City downtown until it went the way of Atlantis. Now I have nothing to ease my sorrow.

Phoenix is opening back up or just opened back up so at least we can get black out drunk down there again.

• Locked thread