Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

a virginian complaining about lovely drivers

now i've seen everything

This is how you make enemies on the internet, friend.

Take your bad opinions elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

having lived and traveled all over God's green earth let me tell ya, the states are all 99% the same with the slimmest margin of actual difference

everyone everywhere is downright retarded, especially you

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

nawcom posted:

i guess that makes DC a turd

And Pennsylvania the taint.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

a virginian complaining about lovely drivers

now i've seen everything

Sorry bro its true. Maybe not you, you could be in the top tier of MD drivers or something but phew most of your brethren are clueless and dangerous behind the wheel.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The flag is great, but it only works as a flag. I wish people would stop trying to put it on every single thing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
VA has really bad drivers. Like half of them will have their turn signals on for 20 miles or so. I don't even know how that happens, wouldn't you notice the constant ticking after a while?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

No Publix up in Maryland, so no chicken tender subs in Maryland.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CharlestonJew posted:

VA has really bad drivers. Like half of them will have their turn signals on for 20 miles or so. I don't even know how that happens, wouldn't you notice the constant ticking after a while?

My new car's turn signal is practically inaudible which is a big step down from the one I had previously, especially after I got used to it automatically resetting after 90 degree turns.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I am the problem.

I am a Maryland Driver.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestonJew posted:

I live in VA, this post is loving bullshit because NOBODY uses their turn signals.

VA and MD drivers are equally bad in different way.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

I call this one: "The suspect has been identified as..."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

a bone to pick posted:

I live in VA, this post is loving bullshit because NOBODY uses their turn signals.

I grew up in VA, idk maybe the part I was in was full of old people

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

a bone to pick posted:

exactly

no turn signals and they hop 3 lanes at the last second to make every turn

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

exactly

The beltway has all the exciting maneuvers of city driving, but as fast as humanly possible, which just depends on how clogged it is!

I learned to drive in northern VA, but now every time I go back and have to drive around, I'm amazed all over again. I forget so quickly. Everyone there is so awful. :(

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Rats kept in the maze too long

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

a bone to pick posted:

I live in Maryland and finally, someone speaks the truth. Everyone sucks here, in slightly different ways.

I would just like to point out that while Baltimore is full of drugs and corpses and one way streets or whatever, the American Visionary Art Museum is super cool. And yeah the aquarium owns.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like their dolphins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 6, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

maryland's shape makes a bad belt buckle/decorative cutting board

e: but our public transportation is cheap

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

exactly

tbh im pretty sure this happens all over america, mostly. it's pretty common here in california tho we all admit our drivers are terrible.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
And yet Maryland may be the first state to legalize weed in the mid-atlantic region -- their politics are the most favorable to it (aside from DC which is not a state.)

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Honestly people in general suck at driving even in a country with a long personal automobile history like the US. imo we've all had those moments on the road where we hosed up and did something stupid and maybe even somebody saw it and posted on the internet about it.

E: hahahaha just kidding everybody in my state drives like a pro and it's you other idiots who do not know how to operate a motor vehicle lol

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
They need to bring back the road test.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Toshimo posted:

They need to bring back the road test.

All jokes and bullshit aside, I really do think this should be a staple of license renewal. And I say this as a person that loving hates road tests. But man people get too comfortable in their driving habits and should be regularly tested. There's a reason why cars kill shitloads of Americans every drat year. I'm not saying regular road testing with license renewal will eradicate automotive fatalities but I'd wager that it would help. I haven't seen the statistics in a long, long time, but I remember reading that cars are one of the biggest killers of Americans behind heart disease and maybe one other cause?

E: same goes for olds that murder people with their cars :colbert:. If you're too old and loopy to pass a road test you shouldn't be driving, drat it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Honky Dong Country posted:

All jokes and bullshit aside, I really do think this should be a staple of license renewal. And I say this as a person that loving hates road tests.
yeah it should be. The california road test to initially get your license is a joke as long as you dont do something like run a red light/stop. Turn on your headlights, blinkers, ok start the car and drive around this block. ok now park against a wide empty curb and backup like 20 ft, k heres your license.

Parallel parking b/w cars should be a requirement too because it at least shows you aren't an entire loving dumbass with a car

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Xaris posted:

yeah it should be. The california road test to initially get your license is a joke as long as you dont do something like run a red light/stop. Turn on your headlights, blinkers, ok start the car and drive around this block. ok now park against a wide empty curb and backup like 20 ft, k heres your license.

Parallel parking b/w cars should be a requirement too because it at least shows you aren't an entire loving dumbass with a car

Well honestly even if a road test is a joke I think it's still a good idea because, and I may be wrong, it should theoretically at least catch the absolute dumbest bottom-of-the-barrel dangerous drivers. Like "Holy gently caress this son of a bitch can't even use his blinkers properly no you don't get your license idiot."

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
ya one would hope, but you could fail like 3 or something minor things like not signalling or stopping past a stop line and still get a license. should be mandatory for renewal and a lot harder

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I'm a Virginian. We're an entire state of people who've never had sex. I'm honestly not sure how we maintain a population.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm a Virginian. We're an entire state of people who've never had sex. I'm honestly not sure how we maintain a population.

I'm a Virginian and a sexhaver :smug:

I'll admit it's been awhile but gently caress you drat it "never" isn't the word for it. :colbert:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

The Snoo posted:

maryland's shape makes a bad belt buckle/decorative cutting board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
One inch of snow brings the whole state to a grinding, flaming, post apocalyptic wreck of a halt.

• Locked thread