Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

They said we had ten seconds to disperse.

I couldn't buy a voting license this year. Life gets in the way, y'know? The kid started school. Lost work to a new line of clones out of Mumbad. Frustration boiled over. Down the catwalks of the arcology and into the canals. We made signs demanding the vote, an income, baring a lot of fear. Some savvy types gave us a screen of drones to keep NBN and NAPD off us as we marched on city hall.

In the shadow of the beanstalk, we knew we were being followed by more than news and street cops. Between the alleys were cat-things that moved in ways real animals never did. The first blockade stopped us on Mercado. NAPD let the kid up front borrow a megaphone to tell us where we'd been re-routed. He's young, charismatic, spoke with so much enthusiasm. Heard some of the Human First guys muttering about some chrome on the back of his skull, but those arguments bore me.

So, we turned down into one of the valleys at the toes of Cayambe. I was in the back of the march, got to see all of us spilling through the streets. How could anyone look at us and not see that this meant something? Three blocks later, we stopped again. I could see City Hall if I stood up on my toes. But between the skyline were hoppers in holding pattern. Like wolves at the fringes.

We never saw what badges they had on. Heard someone say Argus. Just heard the crack-pop of vocoders, Then the blast of an alarm and the wrenching metal sounds of a drone falling into the street. A cheer went up from the Human First guys.

Then they opened fire.

jinteki_goon_league 0011

Welcome. And welcome back.

So begins, for interested parties, this is the third Android: Netrunner Goon League to be played via Jinteki.net. As always, this is open to players of all skill levels. If you're new to the game or new to using Jinteki, this is a good opportunity to cut your teeth. We will need at least eight participants and will be conducting Swiss pairings. For this league, we'll be using the most recent Most Wanted List, errata, and cards as they officially release. This should be considered friendly competition.

Aside: at the time of this writing, it seems probably that a new FAQ and MWL may be imminent. If this should be released during competition, I will make a post addressing its implementation at that time.

I'll announce parings for the current round here. We'll aim to give everyone about a week to finish and report their rounds. If you're joining, post Jacking In below. Please also include your Jinteki ID and continent of residence (to aid in scheduling matches.) For this league, there have been requests to vary the format. I am open to doing so, but I personally don't want to administer a draft or a cube format at present. The format will be determined with a simple confirmation vote from the three formats below. You may vote in favor of as many as you like, the format with the most votes will be played. If you vote in favor, I'll assume you are playing, but if a format is chosen you do not favor, I will give you an opportunity to stay or go.

Stimhack Goon Slack can be accessed here.

The Challonge bracket can be accessed here.

Formats:
1) Standard: As a GNK event.
2) Progression: Round 1 decks may only contain Core Set cards, Round 2 decks may only cards through Creation & Control, etc.
3) Arena Draft: Decks will be drafted from ANrena using Draft IDs. You will need to provide me with your decklist, and I may or may not participate in play as a result.

You may format your sign up as follows:
Jacking in
Jinteki Id: Snowb0und
North America
Formats Approved: Standard, Progression, Arena Draft

Player Roster
code:
01. ZorajitZorajit    {Jinteki ID: Snowb0und)    NA
Standaings
code:
404'd

Adbot