Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
problematic hug

bees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

problematic hug

just cant get enough!!!!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Macnult posted:

bees are disappearing like socks in the dryer, only the socks can sting you and the dryer is a lot bigger and not very good at drying things all the time

when was the last time you bought new bees? or made your own? I personally have never bought bees before, so if anyone has a good connect I can reach for some bees I'll definitely check it out

yo op i know a guy

Rushi

by Smythe
we can improve their class status if we send them to bee school to learn chemistbee.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
"Ok class now lets try drawing a square"

*all the bees draw a hexagon*

"no..no we already know you can draw hexagons, lets try again... just four sides this time"

*all the bees draw a hexagon again*

"...ok...one more time... a square... only four sides"

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Spicy Boys X Bees = Spicy Bees?

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

"no..no we already know you can draw hexagons, lets try again... just four sides this time"

Macnult

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yo op i know a guy

we need more guys with more bees

Macnult

regarding the blueprint: got distracted and made a graph instead, closed mspaint without saving. starting from scratch

progress report: started workin on it

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

ironically it's only the slow bee in the back of the classroom who finally gets it right, leading to a brief but magical period where all the other bees want to be his friend

ty nesamdoom!

the littlest prince

I have lots of stock here but only the knees

vanisher

You want those bees? Be a hard worker who will get the job he's handed done with no complaints. Take my grandfather for example. 16 years in the bee mines. Broken knuckles, scrapes, and one heck of an allergic reaction to the pollen and stings. Did that stop him from being the number one bee miner in the county? No sir. Sacked 13 bushels a week of grade A honeybees out of these hills, not a wasp in the bunch. You put your mind to it you'll get those bees.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Piso Mojado

i think we could use less bees, maybe even no bees tbqh

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

Piso Mojado posted:

i think we could use less bees, maybe even no bees tbqh

this is quite the controversial opinion

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Piso Mojado

what we need is more wasps :twisted:

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
*setting: a round table discussion with several notable academics.*

richard dawkins: "what we can all agree on, however, is the need for more bees."

piso mojado, blowing bubbles out of a pipe: "actually, my dear friend, we need fewer bees. perhaps even...no bees."

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Luvcow

One day nearer spring

mister magpie posted:

richard dawkins: "what we can all agree on, however, is the need for more bees."

piso mojado, blowing bubbles out of a pipe: "actually, my dear friend, we need fewer bees. perhaps even...no bees."

Macnult

mister magpie posted:

Piso Mojado

mister magpie posted:

Plebian Parasite

me @ beecon: *stretches and casually removes jacket to reveal tshirt that says 'HORNETS'*

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
You know, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen anyone blowing bubbles out of a pipe.

Macnult

regardless of what piso mojado likes to blow there are now less bees than what we started with

Macnult

i have only myself to blame. this blueprint is quite the task, and I don't know if it'll even work

Djeser

it's crow time again

we've been thinking about this the wrong way. what if instead of more bees, we need less of the opposite of bees.

*clicks clicker*

powerpoint slide: LESS COWS an unconventional route to more bees

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

*looks up form eating a huge bowl of bees*

"what?"

social vegan

me: *rushes into doctor's office, out of breath and excited* D-doctor, Doctor! I've got HIVES!

doc: *eyes light up, he ushers me in and I lay on the paper on the table* *he inspects my severe allergic bodywide rash, gradually slowing down and stopping as he looks to me*

doc: ...n-not even one *pouts and leaves room*

me: *frowns as tears mix with what must be honey oozing from my eyes*

Piso Mojado

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

"what?"

social vegan

muchmusic featurette on bush x removing the x from their band name, pausing and then removing the b

social vegan

I'm sorry if that was too canadian of a deep cut

FactsAreUseless

65,000,000 BC: Too many dinosaurs, not enough bees.

65,000,000 AD: Too many bees, not enough dinosaurs?

Only you can end the cycle... we need to balance dinosaurs and bees, we need the correct number of both.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

"what?"

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I found some!

b b b b b b b b b

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
bee counting man introduces himself to you at a party. he has counted every bee. "we need more bees," he tells you. "there are so few bees i only lost count a few dozen times. that should tell you two things: that i'm old now, and we need more bees." sips whiskey. "i need more bees."

~sig~

google THIS

free Trapt CD posted:

bee counting man introduces himself to you at a party. he has counted every bee. "we need more bees," he tells you. "there are so few bees i only lost count a few dozen times. that should tell you two things: that i'm old now, and we need more bees." sips whiskey. "i need more bees."

grandpa...(wipes away a tear)...put the drink down. you were a bean counter. you never counted bees. please come home.

Ultra Spoot

But all joking aside guys, we really need to start brainstorming ways to help bees, it's a serious issue *gets stung once* OH GOD gently caress BEES, loving KILL EM ALL

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
To bee or not to bee? That izzz the queztion.

Whether it is better t-BEAR. OMG THERES A BEAR. RIGHT BEHIND YOU IN THIS THREAD.

SWARM BROTHERS SWARM.

GORDON

by Fluffdaddy

joke_explainer posted:

how many bees you want? I'll get you 3 pounds of bees for 90 dollars.

If you weigh them while half are airborne is that only a pound and a half?

----------------

joke_explainer

GORDON posted:

If you weigh them while half are airborne is that only a pound and a half?

No, it's a sealed box, average over time the bees don't become weightless when they fly, they are exerting force downward and that force is exactly equal to their weight to allow them to fly. Some force is applied to the walls of the box, so it translates downwards. You'll see fluctuation from force when they land or take off, but the overall weight is always the same. This was actually a mythbusters episode, tho with birds and not bees. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVeP6oqH-Qo

Robot Made of Meat

joke_explainer posted:

No, it's a sealed box, average over time the bees don't become weightless when they fly, they are exerting force downward and that force is exactly equal to their weight to allow them to fly. Some force is applied to the walls of the box, so it translates downwards. You'll see fluctuation from force when they land or take off, but the overall weight is always the same. This was actually a mythbusters episode, tho with birds and not bees. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVeP6oqH-Qo

You are a BYOB treasure, JE.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

"mythbusters for the impatient" is a brilliant concept

it's me

I'm the impatient one

• Locked thread