Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Democrats, in their infinite wisdom, have chosen to stay the course and keep Pelosi, Schumer, and, likely, Perez in power. :thumbsup:

Helsing posted:

It would be very in character for the Democrats to decide that Trump is so bad that they will inevitably win in the next midterms and the next presidential election.

The demographics are on our side :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The senate revolves around seniority and Schumer was going to be leader regardless -- reminder Harry Reid was leader until this year, Pelosi has kept the caucus together incredibly well (her actual job) AND in the darkest of days elections the DCCC asctually picked up seats, and Perez has been a cabinet official, not exactly a senior leader of the party. Ellison is hardly an outsider either, having been a part of informal leadership for most of the Obama years.

Well shucks, I sure am glad they picked up 6 more seats to bring their minority up to a whopping 44% of the House.

I'm not saying "argh the establishment." What I'm saying is, if they keep loving failing, shouldn't there be some sort of shake-up?

How many voters do you know who are fired up about Schumer/Pelosi? How many Democrats are fired up about Perez?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So the Democrats hosed or what?

I don't see them pulling off a big win in 2018.

And who the gently caress are they gonna field in 3 years for the prez?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

As a remimder, the right is actively trying to make the left fight itself.

lol

The "right" didn't field the least popular Democratic candidate in history. The right didn't elect Tom "Tom" Perez. The right didn't force Democrats to adopt neoliberal policies. The right didn't squander the last 8 years.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

No one expected bush Obama or trump four years before the election. No one will predict the next winner 4 years out this time.

The (D) needs a strong candidate in 2.5 years time. It ain't 4 years from now anymore.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

You know, you've come into the Trump thread numerous times to defend Trump. Why do you think I wouldn't know your agenda here?

What Trump thread?? Show us some goddamn proof if you're gonna make some loving accusations.

I voted for Hillary and can show you my voter card with a (D) on it.

EDIT: Cowards like you can't accept the fact that the Democratic Party needs some loving therapy. Progressives are trying to help and centrist pricks keep pushing them away.

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 26, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

The fact you only started posting here after the election to say dems suck and we should vote 3rd party is damning in and of itself.

Post some proof you loving coward.

Never advocated for 3rd party. Your bias is showing when the thing you're most scared of is disunity and 3rd parties.

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 26, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

I know you are but what am I?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

No. They need ~50 strong candidates 1 year from now.

My original post said they need to win in 2018 and field a good prez candidate in 2.5 years.

They need both things and it doesn't look like they are ready.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Lord posted:

It seems pretty clear to me which party harbors people who would honestly consider killing everyone in this thread and which doesn't.

Yeah Joe Schmo in Grand Rapids, Michigan loves murdering liberals, that's totally why he voted for Obama in 2012 and Trump in 2016.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

i am the bird posted:

Yes, hemorrhaging that powerhouse voting bloc they had from 1968 to 1992 and then winning the popular vote in five of the next six presidential elections.

Y'all have a point but the hyperbole doesn't help.

Losing TWICE to Bush W. and then doing this:

Nothing to brag about.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

StealthArcher posted:

You know, as someone who has said over and over that Bernie Would Have Won™, I find it interesting you left 2016 off that list.

Oh right, it's because we gained in both houses. Hillary blew the election harder than a category 5, but our House/Senate races weren't a loss in the sense of losing seats.

We were talking about pre-2016.

But sure, brag about gaining 6 seats in a 435 seat house and still being an embarrassing minority.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

I'm saying Wikileaks is not doing us a favor by publishing the documents the Russians hacked to ratfuck our party.

Somebody or some group sent a phishing email to the DNC and then some dumbfuck fell for it.

If the Russians or Chinese or any major group wanted to hack the DNC they would have a lot more incriminating poo poo than Donna Brazile and Podesta playing grabass.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Given that whoever hacked the DNC email records did it with the intent to harm the democrats, I think we can assume we saw the worst stuff that was available to them.

THERE WAS NO "HACK"

It was a phishing email. And no, we can't assume. A phishing email could've been sent by anybody for any number of reasons.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

I too believe the readership of the Jacobin is a reasonable proxy for the US electorate, and am shocked and insulted you have not adopted my political positions wholesale.

Bernie Would Have Won

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Ender posted:

I really don't think it ever crossed Clinton's mind that some people might not appreciate Kissinger's legacy. Like, that's just status quo politics to her & her husband. You go chase some tail, you blow-up some weirdos in other countries, you clutch your pearls and pretend to have empathy when a tragedy occurs. Politics!

New Democrats have no souls.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can we stop talking about loving kids and talk about how Bill and Hillary hosed over poor kids?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

But he lost and y'all can't get over it.

Lol

Leftists are really familiar with losing. You're the one who can't go two posts without bitching about Bernie.

JeffersonClay posted:

Bernouts: The primary is over and you lost. You weren't smart enough to figure this out in time for the last election so please do your best to figure it out for the next one.

:qq:

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 27, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

You'd think Bernouts would avoid re litigating the primary at every turn considering the terrible feelings of loss it caused them but some people are gluttons for punishment I guess.

I lose all the time. I'm very used to losing.

You, on the other hand, can't seem to grasp the fact that your garbage candidate lost to the most unpopular candidate in history. You got loving trounced and instead of rearming yourself your savoring the defeat of the lowly leftist. Enjoy your Trump victory I guess. Enjoy it in 2020.

I'll be voting (D) most likely, but sick motherfuckers like you make it real hard to do so.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So has anyone brought up the recent NBC/WSJ poll in which Trump and the (R) is viewed more favorably than Pelosi and the (D)?

Cuz that would be a better discussion than a bunch of gringos arguing about Aztlan.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nocturtle posted:

I missed this, is it true? For example I can't find the individual votes from the 2011 DNC election anywahere online. Changing the rules for this specific election to allow a secret ballot would be a clear sign that the Democrat establishment views itself in open conflict with progressives (and fears reprisals). I'd be a little shocked if it's true.

The party of super delegates, the party of lobbyists voting for DNC chair, that party would shock you if they committed to less transparency?

Brainiac Five posted:

Secret ballots are bad now? You guys upset you can't threaten DNC members and stalk them over their vote or something?

You are so goddamn annoying. How have you survived 20 pages of terrible posting and flaming?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

Let's eliminate secret ballots in general elections too. Transparency!

Let's make every single post about me and exaggerate every goddman thing I don't agree with. Hooray for me!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

If you want to shut me up, you'll have to kill me, babe. I enjoy the right to freedom of speech and will use it until you Bernouts make it illegal to criticize Bernie, at which point I will be murdered by your secret police. Looking forward to it.

I'd love it if you shut up for a bit so we can discuss the (D) and DNC.

Honest question: Why are you obsessed with criticizing Bernie?

Don't you have actual Democratic Party leaders to talk about? Shouldn't you be worried about the 2018 election, which is practically happening tomorrow?

What message is your political guild going to put out to assure a win in 2018? What strategies have you developed to get more working class votes?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brainiac Five posted:

I believe that letting you fuckers say poo poo like "political guild" without objecting is tantamount to suicide.

You, like a lot of the (D) leadership, are being exclusionary, but you don't like the word political guild?

Why am I even engaging with someone who fantasizes about being put in camps by a geriatric?:lol:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nocturtle posted:

Ruh-roh, there it is. The DNC changing party rules to reduce transparency is a bad sign, even if you don't think the Democrats need to reform it's a good way to alienate progressives. Maybe the thinking is progressives weren't going to turnout in 2018 anyway.

The parallels with the UK Labour party are getting really uncomfortable. In 2016 the Labour establishment even changed a bunch of NEC votes to secret ballots in an ultimately futile attempt to keep Corbyn out of the leadership race. I suppose it's expected existing power structures will try to resist challenges to their power, but it's a shocking to see in the leadership of massively defeated political parties. You'd think in that case there'd be universal acceptance that reform is necessary but nope.

Brainiac Five posted:

"Political guild" is a lie because it is deliberate deception to sway people towards interpreting everything done by the Democratic Party as part of a vast conspiracy.

Guild doesn't imply secret conspiracy you moron. It implies that it is an elitist group that only insiders get to participate in. It implies that the DNC acts of its own accord and on the accord of its member lobbyists. This isn't loving rocket science or some Bildebeger scheme, it's simple power politics.

Frijolero fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

JeffersonClay posted:

The Bernouts are mad as hell and they're not going to let little things like what words actually mean stop them from feeding their insane persecution complex.

Brainiac Five posted:

If you want to shut me up, you'll have to kill me, babe. I enjoy the right to freedom of speech and will use it until you Bernouts make it illegal to criticize Bernie, at which point I will be murdered by your secret police. Looking forward to it.

Persecution complex you say?

• Locked thread