Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KwegiboHB posted:

Well, if you don't want to create jobs, you probably shouldn't say that. If you don't want to create jobs, I don't want to be in your party.

This might be presumptuous, but I'm pretty sure he means "you need a way to make those jobs happen. Full stop, no ambiguity." Wanting to create jobs and actually managing it are two separate things, and it's clear that most voters cannot distinguish between trying and being stopped from doing something and lying about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brainiac Five posted:

So are we gonna recruit Nazis? We gonna adopt a Nazi platform? How many Jewish people are you gonna put into the gas chambers?
Let's ask Crowsbeak, he is usually repeating the latest nazi talking points pretty loud.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Brainiac Five posted:

Crowsbeak can't use verb tenses right, he'd end up demolishing the whole death camp in a zany slapstick moment straight out of Jerry Lewis's The Day The Clown Cried.

I always get that movie confused with Life is Beautiful. What specifically happened at the end?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Comrade Fulchrum how do you intend to accomplish your proposed revolution? I mean you seem pretty adamant that a good portion of this country should be put in reconditioning camps.

Well, we'll start with you, trying to cure you of your dual compulsions to spread right wing propaganda, and to defend the molestation of kids.

If we can remove those cancerous parts of your personality, we'll, you'd still be a douche, but at least we'll have made you marginally more tolerable.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Voters are not that stupid.

Voters elected Trump. Kinda fucks up the idea that what voters wanted was a coherent anything.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 28, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Sure enough a lot of them were right about the problem of an out of touch liberal elite. Otherwise, Clinton would have been elected.

So you're trying to use what is essentially "voters are that dumb" to argue that voters aren't that dumb?

You realise that, given weve established that there wasnt an issue where Trumps platform would help them morw than Hillarys, the "it" in "liberal elitists don't get it" is how these people will reject an actual fix in favor of a meaningless slogan? Because, as established, they absolutely are that dumb?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 28, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

TIme to go full on entryist.

Well desperate people can make bad decisions. The best thing to do is work with them in a way that helps them despite their desperation. Rather then scream at them. Or call them racist. You know act like an adult.

Calling them racist or screaming at them does not fall under the category of treating them as you would a chimp. If you've ever seen in behavioral research, or seen Reagan sleep with a monkey, you will understand that those are two things that is not typical responses to chimps. Instead, you make everything as simple as possible so that the minimal amount of higher brain functions are needed, because you know if they get confused they will turn violent and start smashing things.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress? Clinton used the state department to force the international community to recognise trans people's rights to put their actual gender on their passports, not their birth gender. The gently caress have you ever done for Trans people?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Ah so now we are going to start suggesting those who do not feel inspired to vote are like apes. You know that the use of such language has been used by the worse kinds of social darwinists historically.

So has people being loudspeakers for Nazi propaganda. Yet, you remain.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hot Diggity! posted:

Democrats could push more aggressively for unionizing the service sector, but as we've seen with their tepid reaction to the Fight for Fifteen that ain't gonna happen.

You mean being attacked for suggesting $12 instead of $15 long, long, LONG after they put their support behind $15, to the point where people will continue to claim that the dems never supported $15 and that's a sign they are corporatism shills?

That the reaction you think makes it unlikely? Cause, yeah, that sounds right.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm talking about unionizing which the moderate wing has been opposed to.

Horseshit, and $15 an hour is in the loving platform so by very definition it's a core belief of the party. Wait wait, I forgot, this is the super secret special definition of supporting unionization and a higher minimum wage, which is never written down so we can conveniently attack any Democrat for not meeting standards.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Good, hope they never drop it just because you think we should never push for any change.

Stop spewing nazi propaganda constantly.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Coming from a person who literally thinks of others as apes that is funny.

I think white people are violent, stupid apes, and you're doing a lot to prove my point. Minorities actually understand how politics works.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Does attacking me for being white add to discussion?

We're attacking you for being a piece of poo poo. Because you're white, stupid and egotistical, you took it as reverse racism (which you think is the only real racism).

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

icantfindaname posted:

It depends on whether they support American-Israeli geopolitical hegemony. If yes they are allowed in the club, if not no

That's why Schumer endorsed Ellisson, after all.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

I care about my countries poor. If someone wants to come to my country. They can do so legally.

Holy gently caress is there literally any bit of nazi propaganda to try to divide the left that you DON'T mindlessly repeat?!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

icantfindaname posted:

he was then forced to denounce BDS and attacked as antisemitic and lost anyways. not sure why you think chuck schumer's endorsement negates the racism directed at a black anti-zionist muslim by certain sectors of the dems

He wasn't forced to denounce BDS. Schumer endorsed him because Ellisson is a passionate defender of Israel. Which I'm sure is a trait his many favors love about him.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Is there in any way that you're not a sociopath?

The part where I'm not the one who defended pedophilia?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

I think the fundamental disconnect between people like JeffersonClay and most progressives is that progressives are generally progressives first, and Democrats second. I mean nearly any progressive would be happy with overall Dem victory even if it came at the cost of giving progressivism any substantial voice in national politics, but it would definitely be a hollow "victory" and certainly not something to be enthusiastic about. That is, we see the Democratic party as a vehicle for advancing the progressive agenda at every level of government, whereas establishment Dems see the reverse (progressivism is useful to the extent it can benefit the party).

Like a Democratic victory that does little more than stymie Republican efforts to dismantle the state and put Gilead in its place is better than actual Gilead, but it's not good enough. I suppose if you assume "not Gilead" is the best we can hope for then JeffersonClay is easier to relate to. I don't see the point.

And the fundamental disconnect between people like B5, is that the rest of us believe we live in a universe of cause and effect, but one thing at a time.

This doesn't bare even the tiniest bit of relation to the actual results we have seen. Not only do we have numerous cases of huge protest and active dissent if dem victory comes with advancing a progressive voice, you have continues to spew venom even when they DO adopt a progressive voice if it's not the voice you wanted. Which is why you fall hook line and sinker for right wing propaganda meant to seperately the left every. Single. Time.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh no we might make the GOP mad. Let's just not do anything as long as they SE sociopaths are angry.

Not mad, very very happy you dense nazi propaganda spewing gently caress!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

I agree 100% with the point about the New Deal and other widespread left-populist bundles of legislation in the past, and I think there's a lot of truth to the point about Bernie's campaign as well. But I also think that Sanders course-corrected on race a lot more quickly than non-Sanderistas give him credit for, too. A big part of the reason why it ended up hobbling him was because the Clinton campaign did a pretty effective job of convincing Dem primary voters that Sanders was, definitively, "bad on race."

You mean in the same way that Hillary corrected course on economics very quickly which Sanderistas reused to acknowledge, to the point of insisting she never supported $15 an hour or retraining for people in the rust belt?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

I do think a lot of Sanderistas failed to give Clinton the benefit of the doubt on enough things, yes. And some of them did that because they ascribed an unrealistic degree of mendacity and cynicism to Clinton personally. Having a tit-for-tat argument on who was more unfair during the primaries, Clinton or Sanders, doesn't serve the left-of-center/anti-Trump cause, though.

By Sanderistas I meant you.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Kingfish posted:

Lets suppose I am a working class man in Michigan. My family is struggling financially and I am economically anxious and I want to see what she will do for me. I go to HRC's website and click "issues" that takes me here:
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

I click on the "Economy and jobs" tab and there are literally twenty sub-catagories for me to chose from. These sub-categories are alphabetized. I choose the "An economy that works for everyone" sub-category because that seems like the one most likely to tell me what I want. That takes me here:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/an-economy-that-works-for-everyone/

And this is the first thing I see:

That doesn't tell me anything, so I scroll down and read on:

Ok now I'm starting to get pissed/bored, because obviously that doesn't mean anything either. I scroll down further:

As president, Hillary has a five-point plan to meet these challenges
  • A 100-days jobs plan: Break through Washington gridlock to make the boldest investment in good-paying jobs since World War II.
  • Make debt free college available to all Americans.
  • Rewrite the rules so that more companies share profits with employees—and fewer ship profits and jobs overseas.
  • Make certain that corporations, the wealthy, and Wall Street pay their fair share.
  • Enact policies that meet the challenges families face in the 21st-century economy.

Each of these bullet points has an accompanying paragraph that finally hints at actual policy.

We already know that she hugely overestimated the intelligence of Americans and treated them way too respectfully, Kingfisher.

Well, except Crowsbeak, who in between spouting Nazi propaganda is still saying the voters were 100% logical and rational in choosing Trump.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neurolimal posted:

Masochism =/= Intelligence

Otherwise this nation would probably be run by those guys who get hit in the nuts for womens' self defense courses.

Reading anything over 300 words - the peak of torture.

Hey, looks like we've got a supporter of Herman Cains "only small bills" proposal.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Regardless, he's making a pretty valid point about how to effectively communicate one's policy platform to voters. Clearly Clinton's way of doing it was not effective.

We are aware of this. In fact, the bulk of people claiming that communication was not a problem are progressives who claim that the policies and ideas were communicated clearly and the election was a rejection of those ideas.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yes, if there was any candidate in the election who had no loving idea what the hell they were talking about, it was totally Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neurolimal posted:

A lot of bad stuff can be said of trump on campaign. Not having any ideas is not one of them.

"So much winning" is not a loving idea. It's not even a loving concept. It would barely qualify as a loving goal!

• Locked thread